It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Night Shooting
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:46 am 
Utility Grade

Did some night shooting after dinner last night. Targets were easier to pick up that I thought they would be. Love the look when they break. Guess the contrast against a dark background really amplifies the effect! Definitely doing again!

Ok Corral Gun Club
okcorralgunclub.com

Post subject: Re: Night Shooting
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

I had my first night shoot last night and certainly won't be my last. The targets really popped except for lobs where only the rim was visible. I was talking to one of the pullers and they usually use a clay with no black on those but didn't last night. Breaks were almost always impressive. It also seemed easier to see where misses were missed. Also tried night skeet and that was intense. Wish the club did night trap.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:59 pm 
Crown Grade

What color targets are they using? When I shot at night out West, we found white to really stand out.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

oneounceload wrote:
What color targets are they using? When I shot at night out West, we found white to really stand out.

On mine, just the standard orange. They really "pop" at night, I bet white would really stand out like a baseball does at a night game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:20 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

I was introduced to American Skeet under the lights! It was fun with a borrowed gun, But not an experience I wish to repeat I was in USA on a business trip to MA for Digital and my host thought I would like a treat. Folks were amazed I could hit stand 8 with gun down!

Could not do that now!

Phone 813-907-7340
Check out our E-books on Amazon here
http://www.rogergascoigneshootingcoach.com/books.html

Post subject: Night Shooting
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:01 am 
Limited Edition

We have a local 5-stand that is open 5-9 Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. It’s fun. Orange and yellow targets are the norm. They have to lower their tower to keep the bird in the lights. Some folks really struggle under the lights. Say they don’t have enough barrel awareness. I can’t blame my misses on that :-)

NSCA#633193

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:44 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

I too love to shoot at night. The only thing that I don't like is the loss of depth perception. As a target setter, I have fount the best target to shoot at night is an all orange bio. This way the target has an orange bottom too.

Mike McAlpine

Please remember that I am an old time shooter and setter and I understand that the markings on the box may be a little different than when I started setting targets. We called a target that is all orange on top an OT. This target doesn't have an orange bottom. Every time I set a course these days I always get hammered about my color list. I am just too old to change my terminology. :lol:

Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am 
Crown Grade

I'm a big fan of night shooting as well, one local club by me does sporting clays under the lights, and they use alot of neon green and white targets, it's a blast, and it's really cool to see the breaks, the impact can be pretty violent, where as during the day you don't get the same effect.

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member
"regard le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

One year I ordered two flats of green targets we kept in a shed between the skeet ranges. Used most of them up at night. Boy, do they show up good under the lights. Paul