It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fitasc stuff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:30 pm 
Diamond Grade

My usual squad shoots by the rules, for sure, but has a little fun doing it. Only had one ref ever that didn't roll with the flow too well, and they were from England. They were also nearly frozen to death like we were. I used they because I didn't mention whether a male or female.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
All depends on your squad and how fast they shoot

It's the sequence, I've shot on some real good squads.

New style is not so bad, actually it was more fun, but I've only shot new style once.

NSCA #551026

FORUMS are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. They don't teach shooting!

{RO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

I had a FITASC ref make us move our shooter numbers to our backs instead of our shell pouches. That was a little frustrating, but if that’s the rule, well . . . we complied and didn’t moan. Not until we were done, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 pm 
Limited Edition

Scardog7 wrote:
I had a FITASC ref make us move our shooter numbers to our backs instead of our shell pouches. That was a little frustrating, but if that’s the rule, well . . . we complied and didn’t moan. Not until we were done, anyway.

I'm not sure why stuff like this bothers people or is even ever an issue. It's so easy to read the rules and make sure your stuff is good to go ahead of time........

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Scardog7 wrote:

And the stupid part is 50% of the shooters don't even have numbers on.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

I didn't know it was in the rules that you have to throw your empties in the bucket?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 pm 
Limited Edition

High Rib 52 wrote:
I didn't know it was in the rules that you have to throw your empties in the bucket?
I missed that too.

Common courtesy, yes. A rule? Nope.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It is not but that is no reason not to do it.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

papa,

You are my kind of reff. I totally agree with you post, hope you are one of the reffs on my parcours. I think you need to be hired to teach new reffs the right way to handle shooters. this would be a big service to FITASC.

A Fan,

Mike McAlpine

I am having trouble correcting mistakes. When I try to change a word, for some reason the next word starts to erase itself. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:34 pm 
Field Grade

I think I have shot FITASC 4-5 times and actually find it to be a blas. All the refs have been great including Mr. oneounceload. It is great fun and I recommend everyone shoot it. The rules are not difficult and I do not get why people cannot read and follow them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:43 pm 
Limited Edition

391TODT11 wrote:
I think I have shot FITASC 4-5 times and actually find it to be a blas. All the refs have been great including Mr. oneounceload. It is great fun and I recommend everyone shoot it. The rules are not difficult and I do not get why people cannot read and follow them.

Same here, except for the part about meeting oneounceload. Haven't been to Florida to shoot. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:55 pm 
Crown Grade

I don't mind traveling to nearby states; last year's Open at Big Red Oak was fun (except for Tuesday when it rained ALL day)... :wink:

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 pm 
Crown Grade

391TODT11 wrote:

I don't know where you had me as a ref, but I hope I did a good job for you and your squad.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:55 pm 
Field Grade

Am very spoiled and lucky. FITASC happens to be my favorite discipline in the clay target shooting sports and my home club – the Northbrook Sports Club – offers 50 FITASC targets at each of our monthly registered shoots – along with the 100-target Sporting main, and 50 Five Stand targets. When I can shoot all of those 200 targets – that makes for the best day of the month. And our two FITASC parcours remain available for casual shooting and practice each day the club is open. Until course closures for resetting the Friday before next month’s Reggie.

What I like most about FITASC are the rituals and rules. That chalk line on my vest or jacket - I wear that like a badge. And I seem to be wired better for FITASC – to focus on Just. That. Target. The FITASC referees I’ve encountered at Northbrook know the rules, are always very friendly, enjoy what they are doing, and this is important – they understand their role and importance during the shoot. All in a way that exudes calmness while making the experience pleasant. What I am saying is – without refs – it’s not FITASC and when I’m in the hoop the refs I’ve “shot with” never make it about them. I don’t recall ever encountering an issue.

I was lucky to have a shooting pal introduce me to FITASC a few years ago. It was an epiphany. And I’ve felt a certain responsibility to introduce others to FITASC.

Illinois FITASC Ombudsman
Rugger Gear walking cart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:40 am 
Limited Edition

Curtis, I feel the same way as you.

My first taste of it was at the Michigan State Championship a few years ago and I was hooked.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 pm 
Crown Grade

JER2 wrote:

My first taste of it was at the Michigan State Championship a few years ago and I was hooked.

And that I believe was my point and that of Papa; for many their first taste is at a State or larger shoot where they have enough added pressures, they're mixing up games and formats (add in Super Sporting) and so we, as refs, need to cognizant of that and welcome, reassure, smile and treat those folks the same we would want to be treated on our first time out.
My first time shooting registered FITASC was at my state shoot, I had a vague idea of the rules, and as MY luck would have it - I was the first shooter up. Muddled through and did OK once the nerves settles and I could follow what was going on. Glad my ref was not a jerk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm 
Field Grade

oneounceload wrote:
JER2 wrote:

And that I believe was my point and that of Papa; for many their first taste is at a State or larger shoot where they have enough added pressures, they're mixing up games and formats (add in Super Sporting) and so we, as refs, need to cognizant of that and welcome, reassure, smile and treat those folks the same we would want to be treated on our first time out.
My first time shooting registered FITASC was at my state shoot, I had a vague idea of the rules, and as MY luck would have it - I was the first shooter up. Muddled through and did OK once the nerves settles and I could follow what was going on. Glad my ref was not a jerk.

Exactly so, Oneounce. My first time was at a state shoot as well. Will Fennell and Jaybie Cantey grabbed my arms and said “Come on. We’re going to shoot the FITASC event. You can pay Rick (Hemingway) after.” I’m not sure I’ve forgiven either one of them for introducing me to this fantastic game! Everyone shot low gun at everything then, so that aspect wasn’t too difficult, and our referees were very patient with this very nervous newbie on the rest of the procedures. I was hooked immediately.

NSCA Life Member
National FITASC Referee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You get two shots at a single. How hard can it be?
:shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021 #marist89ForAC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:05 pm 
Field Grade

Mike McAlpine wrote:
papa,

You are my kind of reff. I totally agree with you post, hope you are one of the reffs on my parcours. I think you need to be hired to teach new reffs the right way to handle shooters. this would be a big service to FITASC.

A Fan,

Mike McAlpine

I am having trouble correcting mistakes. When I try to change a word, for some reason the next word starts to erase itself. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Thank you for your kind words, Mike. I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you in the near future. Andy

NSCA Life Member
National FITASC Referee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm 
Field Grade

oneounceload wrote:
391TODT11 wrote:

I don't know where you had me as a ref, but I hope I did a good job for you and your squad.

I believe it may have been at the FL State shoot at Ancient Oak (first FITASC for me) and again at the FL state shoot at Bradford. I recall you being cordial and professional. Very enjoyable. Only one warning for this newbie when I started to pre-mount the gun....old habits.

Shot the FITASC last weekend at the Gator Cup and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fantastic new setting at Quail Creek and great birds!