It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Malabar gun club sporting clays course
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Got to shoot at Malabar sporting clays course today. This was first real sporting clays course. I shoot alot of skeet back home cause that's what our club has to offer. I am a member over at Volusia skeet trap also so when I am down here visiting parent's I like to shoot the other clay sports. I am really enjoying the whole deal of different presented birds . I can definitely see how sporting clays can suck you right in. The rabbits and chondells got the best of me there today. Shot a 79 out 100. With a 12 gauge with LM choke. How would 1 know what to choke for when you go to a new course. Do most sporting clay people switch chokes at the different stations.

Post subject: Re: Malabar gun club sporting clays course
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 pm 
Crown Grade

I carry one for close, one for most and one for far. Typically, a LM or M gets used the most unless you're shooting charity-type close targets, then a SK. My far choke will be either a IM or LF. I use that one for maybe one station when shooting a tough tournament. Stick with your LM for what you will typically see here in Florida for most stations.

Don't forget to come and try Blackjack in Sumterville.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:39 am 
Tournament Grade

I will be back in June. Looks like a 1 45 minute drive from port orange.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:24 pm 
Limited Edition

Is it a public course?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

I don't know the answer I was a guest. It is a private club ,place is awsome alot to offer, they have rifle pistol archery black powder all your clay target sports. I wish our club was 1/2 of what they offer there. If I where to move to Florida I would make sure my home was close to this place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:21 pm 
Crown Grade

Yes it is; they offer lower rates for members, like most places here in FL

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin