It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Would you shoot a 12ga only NSSA skeet tournament?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:53 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Both groups need to look at women and kids for growth. The old white guys are dying off.

Aren't young white guys being born anymore?
I routinely compete in ATA trap where I get beaten by girls and kids.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:42 am 
Crown Grade

Yound white guys would be in the kids... :wink:

The typical mainstay for gun leagues has been the middle class working white guy; most are now retired; and while that means this time of year local clubs like mine are inundated with snowbirds, I can tell you the number of shooters is declining every year, so any clubs that doesn't reach out to the moms and kids is missing a HUGE opportunity to expand its customer base.

Ask Roger G what he and others have accomplished at Fishhawk in Lithia, FL with their youth programs

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:37 am 
Crown Grade

My son's 35. Except for a wife, kids, dog, and business to run, he's got tons of free time :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:59 pm 
Crown Grade

We have a couple of hispanic shooters shooting trap in the San Antonio area including a lady shooter.
One of the best scores I shot in skeet was when I shot with a black gentleman who coached me on hold points and how much lead to give each bird. I only missed one bird and it was the low house station seven single. Oh irony!
If we want a future, we really need to get more non-whites and females interested in the sport.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:29 pm 
Crown Grade

As a Jewish guy, all you rednecks with guns scare me too :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7