It is currently Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: weekend
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:21 am 
Presentation Grade

I was thinking up heading up to Castlewood for the clay tourney next weekend. Been a while. Please don't take offense we are spoiled in NE Ohio with great clubs, targets, etc...wondering if this club has put any money back into the machines? Target setting etc...Last few times I was here it was very similar outbound or quartering targets that had not changed much...I know the pricing is very reasonable. Thoughts....Is it all still squad scoring, no refs?
Again please do not take this as insulting I know clubs do the best they can with what they can.

Bill Elliott
NSCA Certified Instructor

Post subject: Re: weekend
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:40 am 
Utility Grade

Dear Eyeonbird,

I went to their last registered shoot (Chili Open, or something like that) and it was pretty much as you described. It was 17 stations with ALL variations of trap, quartering and curling away birds. It may have been strictly due to snow that they didn't have an opportunity to move traps. But that being said, many of the traps are on fixed platforms and locations. All you can really do to change the target is tweak it. The registered shoot is cheap for the money, but you get what you pay for.

The place has some great potential to throw some fun and different targets.

Post subject: Re: weekend
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:03 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It has been the same for 15 years.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA