It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Electronic scoring, yes again :)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:00 am 
Crown Grade

Jim Miller wrote:
I have to say this has been a very entertaining thread. I am amazed at how stupid our shooters must be. The posters here are ok with shooting with these stupid people that have loaded guns in their hands but I would be scared to death. Personally, I think they are smarter than the posters here think they are and could handle electronic scoring. But, what do I know. The way they divert to attacking Brad is a pretty good indication they might be right about their own stupidity.

‘Attacking Brad’?......bit of a dramatic stretch, don’t you think?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:00 am 
Crown Grade

As I stated earlier, please confine all responses to telegraph, telex, and pony express :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:07 am 
Crown Grade

Ok, electronic scoring is out. But have you guys seen this !!

Walgreens has the new "freedom edition" hurry cane !!

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/hurry ... 04-product

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:29 am 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
Jim Miller wrote:
I have to say this has been a very entertaining thread. I am amazed at how stupid our shooters must be. The posters here are ok with shooting with these stupid people that have loaded guns in their hands but I would be scared to death. Personally, I think they are smarter than the posters here think they are and could handle electronic scoring. But, what do I know. The way they divert to attacking Brad is a pretty good indication they might be right about their own stupidity.

‘Attacking Brad’?......bit of a dramatic stretch, don’t you think?
Nope, not at all.

(Warning: To those that read my posts.)
I don't shoot registered targets so what could I possibly know or have to offer?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 am 
Presentation Grade

Brad aren’t smart phones challenging enough without having to learn to use that new fangel gun rest!

"I instruct to break targets...I coach to compete".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:59 am 
Crown Grade

Docterduck wrote:
Brad aren’t smart phones challenging enough without having to learn to use that new fangel gun rest!

For some of you guys, yes :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

Of course electronic scoring can work, there is no issue there. I love technology and worked in it for may years, but e-scoring seems to be a solution in search of a problem for most shoots at this time. It can reduce the number of people needed to help at a large shoot, but not eliminate shoot administrators altogether. Entering scores is just one part of a much larger job.

In order for this to be widely accepted in the sporting clays community, it really needs to be integrated into Winscore, iClays and/or Scoring Pro. Shooters have to be entered in these programs along with each event they are shooting, so adding e-scoring as a way to enter scores instead of the manual method should be feasible, it's just a question of demand. A stand alone scoring package would add more work instead of less if entrants in each event had to be entered into yet another program.

Ellen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7