It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: When are you going to do the right thing and resign?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:11 pm 
Diamond Grade

Tough choice. I stopped shooting registered targets a few years ago, and a large part if it was my dissatisfaction with the NSCA's decisions and executives. However, while it made me feel better, the result was that it nearly eliminating the amount of money and time I spent shooting.

Also, while I'm not keen on what happens in San Antonio, I have a great deal of respect for the work that our NSCA state representatives do (and have done) to make sure that shoots are calendared, as well their work with local clubs to make sure things happen. California is a huge state, with competing Northern and Southern interests, and still the local NSCA folks seem to work through those issues with little to no bloodletting - and zero sniveling. I just presume there is magic happening behind the scenes that I can't see.

Mulled that over and recently re-upped my membership. Basically the guys and gals that have contributed to the sport locally, have continued put in the time & effort, and that makes signing back up absolutely worthwhile. Obviously, that doesn't solve the problems in Texas - but until there is a widespread desire for change, that change is unlikely to happen.

There's no doubt that there is a better way to run things at the top... But I doubt it can be done better as one moves down the line all the way to the shooter. Although, YMMV depending on the state in which you reside.

I'm really looking forward to missing more targets more often. :-D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:22 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

It is my suggestion to get off of Michael Hampton's back. Yes, I don't like everything he has done. Yes, he has done things to me over the years and I called him out on all of them. Do I dislike him? No!!!!. I have been a part of the association since it formed. I personally like Mike Sr. and what he did for clay target shooting. I do agree that Michael Wayne needs to shoot more registered targets just to better understand his job. (most defiantly) For that matter, he needs to also shoot skeet. His dad shot both and was an avid trap shooter industry champion.

I am still pissed off about some of the things that JR. let go by with the instructor program management. One thing in my mind is unforgivable, at least to me. I visited with Michael about this and thought he would do something about it. I also talked to the NSCA Director and a couple of members of the EC but did not get anything done so I have just tried to let it go. NSCA is the best thing that ever happened to sporting. I was a member of the old USSCA before NSCA was formed (1989) and can promise you that the sport would never have grown as much as it has. Are there some jerks in the NSCA management? Sure there are but there are jerks in all associations. Brad and others, get over it and work for the sport, not against it.

Mike McAlpine

I had decided to never mention my problem with the instructor school but I guess it still bugs me. I will not mention names but if you are interested there are others who know what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:51 pm 
Limited Edition

Ok all of you ambulance chasing, I need attention so I drive a red vehicle,
Mike Hampton Jr. cheerleaders.

What does Mike Hampton Jr. and Hillary Clinton have in common?
1.) They both were appointed to their positions via nepotism.
2.) They both are highly overpaid, incompetent and achieve nothing for their constituents.
3.) They both degraded well intentioned, honest people by referring to them as deplorables or subversives.
4.) They both want you to fund their cause yet return nothing to the members.

Feel free to add on.

Or list Hampton’s contributions and milestone achievements while employed by NSSA/NSCA.

Many, many other great volunteer NSCA contributors have helped the Assc. immensely.
Hampton is a sorry excuse for this important role and degrades all of the positives that others built. For free!

Last edited by remdog1187 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

I gotta say, as a relatively new shooter to the shotgun sports, I can't decide if I'm watching General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, or Dallas. :roll:

You all seem to be old enough to catch the reference.

I used the Rolling Eyes smiley because there's no head shaking smiley.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

I call it, “As The Target Turns”.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You people do understand that 99% of the shooters just don't give a sh*t what is going on at NSCA.

They just want to go to the shoots and have fun.

I have been shooting over 15 years and I think 4 or 5 years in a row I shot over 10,000 NSCA registered targets a year.

In the 15 years I have shot over 100,000 NSCA registered targets.

I have never ever went to a shoot and thought "I wonder what the hell is going on at NSCA in Texas."

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 pm 
Crown Grade

Sorry, Terry, if what you say is true - that

Quote:
99% of the shooters just don't give a sh*t what is going on at NSCA.

They just want to go to the shoots and have fun

Then the NSCA would not exist at all..................

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:
You people do understand that 99% of the shooters just don't give a sh*t what is going on at NSCA. They just want to go to the shoots and have fun. I have been shooting over 15 years and I think 4 or 5 years in a row I shot over 10,000 NSCA registered targets a year. In the 15 years I have shot over 100,000 NSCA registered targets. I have never ever went to a shoot and thought "I wonder what the hell is going on at NSCA in Texas."

And that’s all well and good.

Except in those 15 years, how many times has there been an “open letter to membership” from the head of NSSA/NSCA, alerting those members of “subversive activities”, followed by a mass exodus of volunteers from various committees, volunteers who we are now supposed to consider “subversive”?

After said mass exodus, how many times has there been a press release announcing that Hampton would be attending the US-Open, and would be available to answer members questions, albeit on a limited schedule?

It has the appearance that something has shaken up the management of NSSA. This is an attempt by them to do something, whether misguided or not time will tell.

As part of all that, all I really wanted to know was, what are Hamptons experiences or education prior to NSSA, to qualify him to be in charge? Perhaps he is “adequate”, but if we had somebody that was a real star at running a non-profit org, where would the org be now, 15 years later? Does anybody know if there is an average “career-span” for an executive level position running a non-profit? Has Hampton reached or exceeded that time?

Now, most of this is water under the bridge, because the open meetings with Hampton were held yesterday and today. Did anybody attend them? Did anybody hear either what the questions were, or what the answers were? Will they be published anywhere?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:46 pm 
Crown Grade

georgeh41 wrote:
a rival organization was attempted......and the NSCA brought down the hand hard on them and those that had tried.

Didn't NSSA-NSCA just recently bring down the hand hard on some just discussing a new rival organization.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Sorry, but as most of you know, I just don't like personal attacks on this forum. To me this just looks bad for our sport. I don't understand what all of the complaining is really about especially by some who don't really know anything about headquarters. This will be my last post on the subject unless I decide to post things that Mike SR. and JR. have done did while they were there. I worked with Mike SR. the most. I never worked with Mike JR. as the Executive Director. He was the facility manager when I worked with him. Just remember the NSSA and the NSCA gave him his retirement. He didn't do this on his own. Hal DuPont was very much involved in both organizations. I wish he was able to tell everyone what went on. In fact Hal was a major contributor of both associations.

Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:26 pm 

Locking this thread will stop those slinging names at others here in this thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3