Field Grade

Not sure that’s what it’s called
What is it
Saw it on the world video

Post subject: Re: Zz bird?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Helice is the other name

Plenty of You Tube videos showing the propellers and witness caps separating; 27 meters, unknown which will launch, bring your A game

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

And bring big shells. :lol:

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

It is a substitute for Box Bird Pigeon cuzz we aren’t sposed to do that.

"I instruct to break targets...I coach to compete".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Sure we are; it's NOT illegal in most places, just frowned upon by some bass-ackward moralists who say killing unborn babies is just fine, but killing a rat with wings is sacrilege

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:
And bring big shells. :lol:

Uh, just to set the record straight: US Helice is organized under FITASC, and like FITASC, you are limited to 1oz loads...

It was a game originally designed to be less expensive practice for live box pigeons, and it took off on its own. The guys that shoot ZZ's for live pigeon practice will use pigeon loads (big boomer 1-¼ oz frequently running over 1300 FPS), but they are not legal for sanctioned Helice (ZZ) tournaments.

"Perfection is found in the end product, excellence is found in the process."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 pm 
Limited Edition

Jack, why such heavy loads ? Wouldn't that have a tendency to push them over the fence ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:04 pm 
Diamond Grade

captjsjr wrote:
Jack, why such heavy loads ? Wouldn't that have a tendency to push them over the fence ?

No I wouldn’t say so I have shot 11/4 oz but our rules are changing this yr. and going to 1 oz. When I started Fitasc 1996 you could shoot 11/4 oz. shells.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

Just curious with potentially big money on the line is there anything in the rules that prevents using heavier than lead shot? TSS #9 shot is much more dense than lead - seemingly a huge advantage for someone with deep pockets if the payout in an event is worth it. A # 9 shot behaves like lead # 5. But lots more pellets and lots more energy than 7.5 lead.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/review-fede ... urkey-load

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 am 
Limited Edition

Patently Obvious wrote:
Just curious with potentially big money on the line is there anything in the rules that prevents using heavier than lead shot? TSS #9 shot is much more dense than lead - seemingly a huge advantage for someone with deep pockets if the payout in an event is worth it. A # 9 shot behaves like lead # 5. But lots more pellets and lots more energy than 7.5 lead.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/review-fede ... urkey-load

This is what FITASC Helice rules have to say about ammo (emphasis mine):
Quote:
ARTICLE 3.1
The caliber 12 is the largest gauge authorized, no advantage is offered to smaller calibers. Any use of micro camera mounted on shotgun is banned.

The authorized lead can not have a diameter superior 2,70 mm (N°6).

Only cartridges with 28 grams lead shot load will be used in every competition applying the FITASC Helice rules. The management will be able to verify the composition of cartridges
and all infringement will be sanctioned.

About the only way you could legally use heavier than lead shot would be if a particular helice match is being held in a location that requires non-toxic shot to be used.