It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: interesting discussion on instructors
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 pm 
Crown Grade

dickgtax wrote:
Can't fault Don Currie for shameless self promotion. Gil Ash and a lot of others doing
it-including people on this forum.
Too many people trying to get a piece of the pie. Unfortunately it's a very small pie.

And who doesn't love pie?

Last edited by ysr_racer on Fri May 11, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:36 pm 
Presentation Grade

Ya'll ain't even on Paragon's level http://www.paragonschool.com/paragon-in ... rogram-cis. :twisted: :mrgreen:

"I teach my Instructors – when you are teaching – it is NOT about you. It is ALL about them. You are not there just to teach and enlighten but to elevate their spirit, their soul. And when you do, the gift comes back to you."

Daniel Schindler, Paragon Master Instructor, U.S.

NSCA Level III Instructor, U.S.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
"I teach my Instructors – when you are teaching – it is NOT about you. It is ALL about them. You are not there just to teach and enlighten but to elevate their spirit, their soul. And when you do, the gift comes back to you."

Daniel Schindler, Paragon Master Instructor, U.S.

Yeah, someone else gets it

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:18 pm 
Utility Grade

dickgtax wrote:
Can't fault Don Currie for shameless self promotion. Gil Ash and a lot of others doing
Too many people trying to get a piece of the pie. Unfortunately it's a very small pie.

2 things

#1 There is more pie than you know out there my friend.
#2 your comments tell me you have zero understanding of the situation. I shouldn't have to explain it either. Read again and again what Brad, David or many of us said either here or on FB if you don't understand...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:44 pm 
Diamond Grade

Bandito13 wrote:
dickgtax wrote:

2 things

#1 There is more pie than you know out there my friend.
#2 your comments tell me you have zero understanding of the situation. I shouldn't have to explain it either. Read again and again what Brad, David or many of us said either here or on FB if you don't understand...
I'm anything but a good shooter, but I've been a NSCA member for over 20 years and I've shot all over the country. I know how big the pie is and I understand the situation just fine. Don
Currie took advantage of his position with the NSCA to promote himself. I hope that David and Brad get an equal opportunity to do the same.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:59 pm 
Crown Grade

dickgtax wrote:
. I hope that David and Brad get an equal opportunity to do the same.

I never miss an opportunity :)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ysr_racer wrote:
dickgtax wrote:

I just never miss :lol: :wink:

Cell: (210) 618-0955
Email: coaching@dradulovich.com

www.dradulovich.com

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:07 pm 
Crown Grade

David,

I watched you shoot for the first time at the FITASC event at the Western Regions at Quail Point. I was extremely impressed with your techniques, in particular how you varied both your speed of mount and speed of your gun depending on what the target was doing. All the while having perfect insertions and being very smooth and relaxed. I would take a lesson anytime.

I suggestion I might make is for you to maybe think about that many folks here either aren’t ready to understand what you have to say about this, or else they are like Brad G and just don’t want to understand. There’s not much you can do about this, other than make these kind of posts on your own website and carry on the discussion in your own backyard. This place can be like an unfamiliar bar room, with all kinds of attracts and pokes. You don’t need that.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Mule Driver on Fri May 11, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mule Driver wrote:
David,

I watched you shoot for the first time at the FITASC event at the Western Regions at Quail Point. I was extremely impressed with your techniques, in particular how you varied both your speed of mount and speed of your gun depending on what the target was doing. All the while having perfect insertions and being very smooth and relaxed. I would take a lesson anytime.

I suggestion I might make is for you to maybe think about that many folks here either aren’t ready to understand what you have to say about this, or else they are like Brad and just don’t want to understand. There’s not much you can do about this, other than make these kind of posts on your own website and carry on the discussion in your own backyard. This place can be like an unfamiliar bar room, with all kinds of attracts and pokes. You don’t need that.

Thanks for sharing.

Well said Mule ^^^ {hs#

The simple answer is, "K80, 32" flat-rib bbls, S&S custom stock, 55/45, Bornaghi 1oz 1250 7-½'s, M/M, Castelani, Lonesome Charlie, K-lube, qMaxx blue, Bore-snake, green Brake-cleen, and a very cold and dry Stoli martini."

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

David Radulovich wrote:

Oh my...

You know, I really hope you thank God every day for the opportunity and blessings He’s given you. You are fortunate to have very well off parents who were willing to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to pro level shooter/instructors so that you could do what you clearly love. I’m happy you were given the gifts God provided.

Some us lowly shooters weren’t born into privileged families and had to work for every dime we have. Some, like me were only able to afford to participate in this sport later in life. And I’m blessed enough to still be healthy enough to do fairly well.

I know you say you have “zero ego”. I don’t know you, but statements like the above make me doubt your assertion.

I hope you have appreciation for the fact that while you were a boy playing a game, breaking clay targets paid for by your orthodontist daddy, Mr. Currie was selflessly serving the country as a US Army Ranger. While you may have a point in reacting to Mr Currie’s article, I do believe a modicum of respect for his age and his service is in order.

I wish you well and pray you really are as grounded as you purport to be.

God Bless.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

J.T. Guitar wrote:
David Radulovich wrote:

Oh my...

You know, I really hope you thank God every day for the opportunity and blessings He’s given you. You are fortunate to have very well off parents who were willing to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to pro level shooter/instructors so that you could do what you clearly love. I’m happy you were given the gifts God provided.

Some us lowly shooters weren’t born into privileged families and had to work for every dime we have. Some, like me were only able to afford to participate in this sport later in life. And I’m blessed enough to still be healthy enough to do fairly well.

I know you say you have “zero ego”. I don’t know you, but statements like the above make me doubt your assertion.

I hope you have appreciation for the fact that while you were a boy playing a game, breaking clay targets paid for by your orthodontist daddy, Mr. Currie was selflessly serving the country as a US Army Ranger. While you may have a point in reacting to Mr Currie’s article, I do believe a modicum of respect for his age and his service is in order.

God Bless.

No worries,

I do have a strange sense of humor, so I will admit that sometimes my jokes come across as not being jokes -- that however was one. I'd never say something that stupid seriously.

But you are right, I was extremely lucky that my parents invested the amount that they did in order for me to learn this game from the people that I did, I'm also just as blessed that my parents didn't think I was crazy when I told them I wanted to play a game for a living instead of take over my father's business -- and that they supported me in that decision :lol:

Cell: (210) 618-0955
Email: coaching@dradulovich.com

www.dradulovich.com

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

David Radulovich wrote:
J.T. Guitar wrote:
David Radulovich wrote:

Oh my...

God Bless.

No worries,

I do have a strange sense of humor, so I will admit that sometimes my jokes come across as not being jokes -- that however was one. I'd never say something that stupid seriously.

But you are right, I was extremely lucky that my parents invested the amount that they did in order for me to learn this game from the people that I did, I'm also just as blessed that my parents didn't think I was crazy when I told them I wanted to play a game for a living instead of take over my father's business -- and that they supported me in that decision :lol:

A perfectly grounded response brother. I do appreciate a dark sense of humor. I look forward to maybe meeting you down the road. Blessings.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 pm 
Crown Grade

I loved Brad’s post. It took some balls to do it.

Brad please know that at least two clubs here in South Carolina would love to have you come and do some lessons.

I can guarantee you that when I next spend money on some instruction, it will be with someone like Brad, Wendell, David, Zach or Anthony.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:34 am 
Presentation Grade

David Radulovich wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
dickgtax wrote:

That is what I've been telling everyone. If you stop missing you will break more targets.
VTHokiesDuckHunter wrote:

Brad please know that at least two clubs here in South Carolina would love to have you come and do some lessons.

I can guarantee you that when I next spend money on some instruction, it will be with someone like Brad, Wendell, David, Zach or Anthony.

Same here. I've had instruction by pro and non-pro. My former athletic experiences lead me to mesh more with the pro mindset...even though I just fart around.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:21 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

David,

Maybe you guys that are pros should stop giving Don your secrets. I get that you guys all believe sharing will help the sport; but if his taking credit for it all then you guys should start playing your cards closer to your chest. No more consulting with him. Let him build his own curriculum and the free market will sort itself out.

Also, I’m not sure that any disrespect towards Don’s service to our county or his age was meant.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:43 am 
Crown Grade

Thanks, some of you guys are gushing like a school girl over these guys. You realize sporting clays is just a game, right?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:18 am 
Presentation Grade

Frankly criticism hurts our sport. Some clubs that had registered shoots, don't any more because of the complaining. Many shooters don't realize how much it takes running a club, or those that do coaching.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:42 am 
Tournament Grade

ysr_racer wrote:

Thanks, some of you guys are gushing like a school girl over these guys. You realize sporting clays is just a game, right?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l1KdcCBh ... U/200w.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

When you say "Some clubs that had registered shoots, don't any more because of the complaining."

Just what were they complaining about?

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

One of the guys I took a lesson from and had a great time and learned a lot is BRAD KIDD.

And he was ailing that day from a bad allergy attack.

He taught me two tricks which I use to this day as they were too perfect not to employ. PLUS he freely admitted that he had learned one from AM , after AM had defeated him using the "trick" to win a shoot -off.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next