It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gun mount vs. Gun fit?
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm 
Crown Grade

1redvette wrote:
You can have a good gun mount with a gun that doesn't fit perfectly. You can have a perfectly fitting gun and a terrible gun mount.

Finally something we agree on.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:47 am 
Crown Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
1redvette wrote:
You can have a good gun mount with a gun that doesn't fit perfectly. You can have a perfectly fitting gun and a terrible gun mount.

Offer still stands. Since you are in Dallas this week end, come over to Louisiana state championship for a free event of your choice with ammo. My compliment!!! Love to have you!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 am 
Crown Grade

I think you need to start with a “working fit”, which is basically a fit made from a pre-remounted gun that has the gun shooting were the beginner is looking, with his head, arms, feet, etc in proper alignment. This fit no doubt will need to be adjusted in time as the new shooters works on achieving a good gun mount. This is particularly true for a growing youth shooter.

After all, you gotta start somewhere and not waste a lot of time on talking about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 am 
Crown Grade

1redvette wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
1redvette wrote:

Offer still stands. Since you are in Dallas this week end, come over to Louisiana state championship for a free event of your choice with ammo. My compliment!!! Love to have you!

That's s generous offer, but after watching the destruction in N O after Hurricane Katrina I vowed to never set foot in Louisiana. After three days without the government there to wipe their butts, it devolved into anarchy.

I realize I'm painting the whole state with the same brush, but it is what it is.

(Kind like people that won't come to California because San Francisco and Los Angeles are cesspools)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:21 am 
Diamond Grade

[Finally something we agree on.[/quote]
Offer still stands. Since you are in Dallas this week end, come over to Louisiana state championship for a free event of your choice with ammo. My compliment!!! Love to have you![/quote]
That's s generous offer, but after watching the destruction in N O after Hurricane Katrina I vowed to never set foot in Louisiana. After three days without the government there to wipe their butts, it devolved into anarchy.

I realize I'm painting the whole state with the same brush, but it is what it is.

(Kind like people that won't come to California because San Francisco and Los Angeles are cesspools)[/quote]

As a Texan, it is hard for me to defend parts of Louisiana, mainly New Orleans, but the state shoot is north of Shreveport, at least 350 miles from New Orleans. I grew up about an hour and half west of there in East Texas. It is actually very pretty countryside.

The first folks that showed up in Houston with their boats to rescue stranded citizens during Harvey were the Cajun Navy from Louisiana. God only knows how many lives they saved.

Despite all their problems, and they have plenty, at least Louisiana isn't run but a bunch of idiot, over zealous gun control freaks. I know you like to yank everyone's chains, but that statement is simply stupid.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:41 am 
Tournament Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
... after watching the destruction in N O after Hurricane Katrina I vowed to never set foot in Louisiana. After three days without the government there to wipe their butts, it devolved into anarchy...

There are two take-aways from this:

1. The average citizen is too stupid to buy some extra beans and fill some bottles with water when there's a hurricane coming. And they vote.

2. The government doesn't do anything efficiently. The Cajun Navy was rescuing people before the Coast Guard. The first food and water came from Walmart. The first flights in were American Airlines.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:04 am 
Diamond Grade

I would not live in New Orleans because it is a city and it is below sea level. Large numbers of people necessarily = large(er) numbers of thugs, and the constant risk that the Atlantic Ocean will reoccupy your backyard is unnerving. All in all, Louisiana is like everyplace else - good people and bad. And as a group Cajuns are rather a quirky bunch (and quite proud of it).

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

mwr01 wrote:
and the constant risk that the Atlantic Ocean will reoccupy your backyard is unnerving

That would be Gulf Of Mexico :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 am 
Presentation Grade

The best thing about New Orleans is that they built a city in a fish bowl and filled with Democrats even after Katrina.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

hopper810 wrote:
mwr01 wrote:
and the constant risk that the Atlantic Ocean will reoccupy your backyard is unnerving

That would be Gulf Of Mexico :)

Well okay, if you want to get all geographically technical and accurate :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:26 pm 
Crown Grade

An opinion, and I did not read this thread so if it was said before...sorry. You can't get a good gun mount if you don't have a good fit. Eggs and chickens here.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:07 pm 
Crown Grade

Nice to see you back, Dick

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:26 pm 
Field Grade

Oblio13 wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
... after watching the destruction in N O after Hurricane Katrina I vowed to never set foot in Louisiana. After three days without the government there to wipe their butts, it devolved into anarchy...

There are two take-aways from this:

1. The average citizen is too stupid to buy some extra beans and fill some bottles with water when there's a hurricane coming. And they vote.

2. The government doesn't do anything efficiently. The Cajun Navy was rescuing people before the Coast Guard. The first food and water came from Walmart. The first flights in were American Airlines.

I have been caught up in a disaster zone. My house flooded to the upstairs floors in 2015 South, Carolina flood. My community was cut off from anywhere for six days. If you have to wait for the government to help you out, you’re in for a long wait. We did have some coast guard flights by day 2 or 3. Time sort of runs together in a situation like that. I ran my boat 10 hours a day for a two weeks straight. Many in my community did the same. Helping neighbors, hauling neighbors and supplies, trying to save some of my own stuff, tying off and turning off propane tanks that had broken loose and were floating through the woods, ferrying nurses back and forth across the river from their families to their job (the bridge was out), securing neighbors property so it wouldn’t be swept away, and patrolling our very rural neighborhood, AR 15 always present in the boat, for looters that seem to flock to this type of event. When the government finally gets there to help, the ones that need the help don’t get it because of lowlifes that weren’t affected jumping at the chance to get something, anything for free. That element bogs the system down and saps the much needed resources. The true hero’s of this type of event are the response teams from different church groups and organizations that aren’t tied down by red tape and that access the situation so they can provide help to folks that actually need it. Then there are the local folks that work their tail off to help themselves and each other. The guys with boats, the local churches and restaurants, they are the ones there from the beginning, just doing what good people should do. These folks are the ones that do the helping. Then sadly, there’s that element waiting to pounce on a load of government supplies or their local Walmart, or business with the windows gone, for all the free stuff they can load up on. The ones that have no problem taking a free handout and tying up resources, thinking only of themselves, while the folks that really need it go without.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:11 pm 
Crown Grade

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:55 pm 
Field Grade

Yeah I’m home, sick, bored, and sometimes I feel the need to rant. But I figure nobody’s forced to read it.