ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Update:: Blaser F3 trigger problems..
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

Posted 3+ years ago of the issues of Blaser trigger pulls. 2011 bought my first F3, never really resolved the issue. Bought a backup F3 2017, thought would have trigger issue fixed, wishful thinking.

After 74000 rounds of my first F3, took stock & forearm off and put on my second F3, and traded it off - sorta good riddance. It was due for a maintenance again, time to unload. Had sent in to Blaser Texas two times, and not fixed the issue

My second F3, sent to Blaser Texas three times over time, just got it back 3 weeks ago, not fixed.. Both barrels had 5+ pound trigger pull on occasion, causing flinching.

So I needed a different set of eyes. PM me for my second send off if interested (Blaser certified on warranty), upon receiving the gun both barrels had 5+ triggers - Unreal -- that's just after coming back from Blaser Texas. Hopefully issue is finally resolved after years of agravation, now back to 3.5#.

I certainly can tell going from 3.5 to 5+ pulls. I had responses last time posted of shooters having problems, Blaser definitely has an issue with triggers. Its not in all Blaser's, but does exist....

Post subject: Re: Update:: Blaser F3 trigger problems..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:14 pm 
Diamond Grade

Has anyone ever determined what the issue is on those? I'm not sure how a trigger pull could be consistently variable, and how that variability, if present in other guns, isn't a straight up design problem.

I love the idea of Blaser's interchangeable barrels, so they've always sort of been a grail gun for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:40 pm 
Diamond Grade

I do believe many F3 shooters just pull through heavier pulls, not interrupting their shot sequence. For me a heavier pull causes me to flinch, when going from a 3# pull to 5+ pull. Now 4 times having it worked on, so far so good with 300 rounds since getting back on Monday this week..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:23 am 
Field Grade

c&c -
I have had the same problem for several years (even responded to your previous post). My only solution is to check the trigger every time I clean the gun, and if it's creeping up to 5# I pull the stock and clean the trigger area with WD-40. Usually goes right back to 3.5#.

Other F3 owners that I know are having the same problem have gone to "slapping" the trigger. I can't seem to make that work.

It has gotten to be such an aggravation that I'm probably going to switch guns. My old Browning 525 works great and breaks just as many targets, although a DT-11 or Perazzi may be in my future.

Good luck,
Lou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:32 pm 
Field Grade

First stop using wd-40 to lube the trigger. Use a quality oil and patented gun lube like Qmaxx Blu or Black. Andrej from Blaser showed me when he took my gun apart and showed me how to lube it. You don't want any type of lube that when hot or too cold can change and gunk up. Keep it virtually clean with light oil film rubbed on with a finger or soaked cloth and just make it wet looking.

Give him/Blaser a call in the shop. They love to help Blaser shooters.

I just got on the team and have about 20k through my gun since December and the trigger is the best in the business in my opinion. I have a DT11 and Greenwood worked on the trigger. Although good, nothing feels like a Blaser. K guns are a very close 2nd in my opinion. P guns would be 3rd(mechanical) and Beretta below that.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 pm 
Crown Grade

I can’t even count the number of F3 shooters I know. None of them have this issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:28 pm 
Diamond Grade

Basically the responses I get back from other owners that after sending it in to Texas the problem still exists. My first receiver had 74000, was sent in 2 times, and was due for another maintenance. The hard trigger pulls on occasion was never fixed, I traded the gun off.

My second gun bought in 2017, had the same issues, sent in 3 times to date for that issue. Just got it back from Texas, boxed it up and sent it off to another Blaser warranty gunsmith because of hard trigger pulls. To date gun is fixed.
So no lube, no spraying when receiving gun back, gun should work.. Hard pulls on occasion is not common, but Not uncommon either with F3's..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:32 pm 
Diamond Grade

drawdc. I've shot with a lot of F3 shooters, I ask them the question. Haven't came across with someone who did. But going online they are out there, and I'm one of them .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Going on line you can find people that have seen a Yeti as well. I’m not saying you didn’t have the issue, but my experience says it isn’t very common. Why not just say who fixed it? A lot of people have better luck with Cole’s than Beretta.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:58 am 
Presentation Grade

I thought Blaser's were known for their triggers being the best (?) in the market- "like breaking glass?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:30 am 
Diamond Grade

There isn't a gun manufacturer that doesn't have some issues with guns.
Blaser has good triggers - but I just have one that in a round of 100, would go from 3# to 5# plus 3-4 times. Not good on my end that causes me to flinch, jerk, etc.
Anyone who has gun issue with any manufacturer and can't get it fixed, problem persists, very very fustrating. Warranty on a gun is important, Good service is important.
I traded off my one Blaser for a K80 Parcour, the triggers are really nice also..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:36 am 
Field Grade

If you have sent it back to them multiple times and the issue still hasn't been resolved then I would ask to have the whole receiver replaced. It's under a 10 year warranty and I believe all of the work done should have been documented. Their service is top in the industry for a reason.

I have been shooting my Blasers hard for 5 years now and very little issues. Unfortunately it sounds like you are the statistical anomaly. I hope it gets resolved.

Jonathan Henrici

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:15 am 
Diamond Grade

Granted, and I understand, that an issue is sometimes not easy to fix. As they try it for 25 fires or so. But shooting it more came up. In May of this year I sent it in to Blaser Texas. Being it's the third time there for the same issue, they said they replaced the trigger group. The receiver itself hasn't a bearing on triggers.
So getting the gun back after 4 weeks wait, shot it for almost 1000 rounds, and got to the point with hard pulls again, I packed it up and sent to another Blaser warranty service, mainly to have a different set of eyes. 14 days later and 750 rounds no further issues...
I have a 2000 dollar stock, like the gun for shooting and balance, hopefully get back without hard pulls...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:05 am 
Presentation Grade

chips&clays wrote:
There isn't a gun manufacturer that doesn't have some issues with guns.
Blaser has good triggers - but I just have one that in a round of 100, would go from 3# to 5# plus 3-4 times. Not good on my end that causes me to flinch, jerk, etc.
Anyone who has gun issue with any manufacturer and can't get it fixed, problem persists, very very fustrating. Warranty on a gun is important, Good service is important.
I traded off my one Blaser for a K80 Parcour, the triggers are really nice also..

Agreed!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am 
Presentation Grade

No matter what other people say If it’s bothering you it’s not going to be the best gun to use. No matter what the issue is fixed or not fixed all your thought processes need to on targets not the gun. That’s not likely to ever happen with that outfit.

I would sell it go to a Beretta Auto & forget about the gun. Get your game right move back into a high dollar OU later.

Bass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:46 am 
Presentation Grade

Re reading my comment sounds sort of sarcastic. Give you an example

I Shot a lot of Small Bore Silhouette. Decided to up my game and bought the most expensive German Silhouette Rifle New. It would fail to eject about 1 in 100. Fail to Eject get a cleaning rod to knock the empty out your match is lost.

Sent it back several times no cure lots of arguments with the factory service. Other shooters thought it was me or my ammo (using the most expensive German .22s) me since everything German is perfect. Darn gun was all I thought about in matches, this in a largely mental game. Fact is it was a Lemon.

Sold it at a serious loss went back to my old rifle and scores jumped up to were I wanted to go. You can’t Shoot well thinking about the gun. Get rid of it

Bass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:05 am 
Utility Grade

Was the rifle a Anschutz ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:26 am 
Presentation Grade

It was, 1712, my third Anschutz after a 64MS & 54 Super Match that were flawless . Lesson learned any gun can have problems high reputation guns no difference. Real surprise use a highly respected brand & have problems nobody believes it’s the gun.

Bass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:42 am 
Diamond Grade

I believe when a shooter has an issue, that's not common, manufacturer's seam to blame it to the shooter. In my case, basically since 2011 with my first Blaser, then in 2017 my second Blaser having the same issue. Finally has came to rest and fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

Amusing how the Blaser fan club runs to defend their gun of choice. I would like to know how many of them would have been as patient as you have been trying to fix the issue. I actually don't know anyone that would fight a trigger issue for 5 years before jumping ship. Just asking because i don't remember why but didn't Derrick jump from Blaser to Kolar because of issues as well? And yes every manufacturer has issues arise. But no way anyone i know has patience for a 5-6 year fix.