ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Update:: Blaser F3 trigger problems..
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:08 pm 
Crown Grade

I had issues with my Browning. Browning makes a good gun, albeit not in the Blaser F3 category. I just happened to get a bad one. I gave the CXS away and shoot an A400 until I decide what toy I want next. Shot a K80 and that was pretty nice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

I picked up a used K80 Parcour, good triggers, different feel than Blaser. With my second Blaser fixed, it would be hard pressed of any gun to be better. Getting a trigger set at 3# is a joy to shoot. Hopefully it stays that way..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:26 pm 
Crown Grade

BAD303 wrote:
Amusing how the Blaser fan club runs to defend their gun of choice. I would like to know how many of them would have been as patient as you have been trying to fix the issue. I actually don't know anyone that would fight a trigger issue for 5 years before jumping ship. Just asking because i don't remember why but didn't Derrick jump from Blaser to Kolar because of issues as well? And yes every manufacturer has issues arise. But no way anyone i know has patience for a 5-6 year fix.

I find it interesting that when someone states on this forum that they have had good service from a gun they become "fan boys", unless, of course, they shoot the gun that individual worships. Why do you think people support a gun? Because they have been happy with it. Chips & Clay has been exceptionally patient. I can't say whether or not I would be that patient, we have never had that issue with either of our F3s.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:22 pm 
Presentation Grade

drawdc wrote:
BAD303 wrote:
Amusing how the Blaser fan club runs to defend their gun of choice. I would like to know how many of them would have been as patient as you have been trying to fix the issue. I actually don't know anyone that would fight a trigger issue for 5 years before jumping ship. Just asking because i don't remember why but didn't Derrick jump from Blaser to Kolar because of issues as well? And yes every manufacturer has issues arise. But no way anyone i know has patience for a 5-6 year fix.

I find it interesting that when someone states on this forum that they have had good service from a gun they become "fan boys", unless, of course, they shoot the gun that individual worships. Why do you think people support a gun? Because they have been happy with it. Chips & Clay has been exceptionally patient. I can't say whether or not I would be that patient, we have never had that issue with either of our F3s.

Is a "fan boy" the same as a fan club? The point is simple. "Coming on to say my gun and everyone i know that has one has been great". Blaw blaw blaw. He asked about others with trigger problems. Seems to have been beyond patient and done as much as anyone could to get them fixed. Telling him how great yours are does what?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:45 pm 
Crown Grade

chips&clays wrote:
I picked up a used K80 Parcour, good triggers, different feel than Blaser. With my second Blaser fixed, it would be hard pressed of any gun to be better. Getting a trigger set at 3# is a joy to shoot. Hopefully it stays that way..

Yes, hopefully! I prefer 3.5# and that is my guns are set to. Im more of a slapper with shotgun but coming from rifle I appreciate a good trigger.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:17 am 
Crown Grade

BAD303 wrote:
drawdc wrote:
BAD303 wrote:

Is a "fan boy" the same as a fan club? The point is simple. "Coming on to say my gun and everyone i know that has one has been great". Blaw blaw blaw. He asked about others with trigger problems. Seems to have been beyond patient and done as much as anyone could to get them fixed. Telling him how great yours are does what?

When someone posts about a problem, the question quickly becomes whether or not this is a common problem. The OP admits that he has never met another F3 owner that has had that problem. Neither have I. You can always find someone on the internet that has, but there is no way to substantiate their stories. If you think it is worthless that people state they haven't ever seen an issue, you can choose to ignore them. I have no doubt he had it, but this trigger problem is very, very rare. Perspective is the reason for the posts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:23 pm 
Diamond Grade

I've been in contact with about 5 shooters with F3 having trigger problems. Just because it's not common, doesn't mean it doesn't exists. Manufacturer's, and other shooters tend to think it's the person behind the gun, until it happens to you..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:44 pm 
Crown Grade

chips&clays wrote:
I've been in contact with about 5 shooters with F3 having trigger problems. Just because it's not common, doesn't mean it doesn't exists. Manufacturer's, and other shooters tend to think it's the person behind the gun, until it happens to you..

I've stated several times that I believe you had the problem. I can find 5 people that have had trouble with any brand of gun.

We have had numerous problems with my wife's gun. It is not a Blaser. It spread over about 3 years. If you think it is frustrating when it happens to you, try dealing with a pissed off spouse! Hers finally seems to be fixed but I spent a lot of money shipping it to Maryland, which seems unfair for a gun under warranty. Hopefully yours is fixed now as well. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:53 am 
Limited Edition

I’ve had 4 friends that shot a Blaser. Two of the four had trigger problems and their guns where sent back several times, even after Blaser worked on the triggers they measured 4.5 – 5#. In some cases, a pound difference in trigger pull between the top and bottom barrels. The two guys that had the trouble sold their guns because of it. The other two have had no trouble and love their guns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:15 pm 
Diamond Grade

buck2 .
Thanks for reporting that. There isn't a manufacturer out there that doesn't have problems of some sort. Basically you just don't hear about it. My other gun, K80 is sent to Germany for replating. Perazzi has had barrel rib problems, Blaser for a fact has replaced a bunch of barrels, including myself. I don't own other manufacturer's, so can't comment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:00 pm 
Crown Grade

Funny thing.......mechanical things that we shoot. Amazing, can’t believe any of them ever have any sort of issues! What’s the world coming to?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

Chips & Clays,

I don't think that F3 will ever be right, for you. The trigger is always going to haunt you. At this point it is a mental thing. I recommend you sell it right away before your frustration builds to a bursting point and you quit shooting Sporting. Furthermore, I think you should immediately put it up for sale.

I'll start the bidding at $500.00.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:50 am 
Utility Grade

This can happen when measured incorrectly. The F3 trigger pivots up in the rear, so if you measure it straight down the center of the stock. You will be fighting the mechanics and will get a higher pull weight. If you put your hand on the shotgun look at the angle of your trigger finger. You will notice it is in an upward angle. Follow this angle when measuring the trigger pull. You will notice the trigger pull weights you are getting will drop considerably.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

The measure is when I pull the trigger shooting. No question there of heavy trigger pulls.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

a buddy of mine has a F3 he's been shooting it for a long time, he's never mentioned a heavier trigger pull, not saying that it hasn't happened with you, and as others have mentioned it's a horse a piece and some either have the problem, or some don't.

The one thing that to this day still makes me wonder when it comes to the Blaser is the glued in forearm release..........no hardware......glued in. I guess it works though

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:57 am 
Tournament Grade

My shooting friend has a Blaser that had a trigger problem.
Trip to Blaser didn't fix it. Independent gunsmith didn't fix it.
Then we tried. Noticed that the trigger was all the way in the
rear. It at times would hang up on the rear edge. Move the
trigger slightly forward and tighten. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:24 am 
Diamond Grade

I and 4-8 shooters around the USA who I've been in contact with, came to the conclusion to clean out trigger group around 2000 rounds. That has pretty much cured the problem. So it's not just me posting here, others experience it also. I know my trigger pulls, as I've became more sensitive after years of shooting. F3 has great triggers when they work..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Gotta take good care of your gear.....