ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Yildiz ProStar series?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:35 am 
Presentation Grade

Anyone tried one of these or know someone who has? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Several big dealers are selling and touting them.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Yildiz ProStar series?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:14 am 
Crown Grade

If it says Yildiz on it, that's probably what it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:23 am 
Limited Edition

1redvette wrote:

They are likely just fine for casual use. From what I've heard, however, they would not stand up to any volume shooting.

I'm pretty sure that this would include all of the Turkish variants.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 pm 
Presentation Grade

mdlott wrote:
1redvette wrote:

They are likely just fine for casual use. From what I've heard, however, they would not stand up to any volume shooting.

I'm pretty sure that this would include all of the Turkish variants.

The Yildiz Pro is a copy of a Perazzi MX12 and uses the same famous Boss action.
To their advantage the are made entirely with chrome moly steel and the barrels are silver soldered not soft soldered like Perazzis.
So, infact they are a stronger copy of the Perazzi.
There are now reports from Australia where they have been in service for a while of over 10,000 rounds in competition without any problems or wear.

CT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:55 pm 
Crown Grade

10,000 rds isn’t even a break in amount for good guns.......I’m not against any gun, but you generally get what you pay for, and one of the most important things you pay for in a higher end target gun is longevity.

10k is more like a warm up for many.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
10,000 rds isn’t even a break in amount for good guns.......I’m not against any gun, but you generally get what you pay for, and one of the most important things you pay for in a higher end target gun is longevity.

Yeah, truth be known, but they sure are purty!

The rub for me is competent annual maintenance. Who replaces the firing pins, coil springs, locking block, etc? Parts and service is the fly in the ointment IMO.

Last edited by 4th. down on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

The black action model is sold in the UK as the Pro Black and has had some pretty favourable reviews.
I have not seen one yet nevermind shot one.
They retail over here for £1595 (2080 USD) for standard stock and £1795 (2340 USD) for the adjustable stock putting them against a Browning 525 or Beretta silver pigeon. Nice wood on them too I understand.
Which appears half of the cost for you guys?

Regards

Leigh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:30 pm 
Presentation Grade

4th. down wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:

Yeah, truth be known, but that sure are purty!

The rub for me is competent annual maintenance. Who replaces the firing pins, coil springs, locking block, etc? Parts and service is the fly in the ointment IMO.

The US dealers that have gunsmith services have parts in stock now.
Also many Perazzi parts fit and any smith that works on Perazzi's can work on the Prostars.
Most of the original shipment here has been sold and down under every new shipment is sold out with in a couple of weeks.
In Austraila they go for about $3400 USD and here are going for as little as $3700.

CT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

LeighH wrote:
They retail over here for £1595 (2080 USD) for standard stock and £1795 (2340 USD) for the adjustable stock putting them against a Browning 525 or Beretta silver pigeon. Nice wood on them too I understand.
Which appears half of the cost for you guys?

Thats the question.

Up against those two guns, at that price point, is where this gun should be. Instead they decided to pit it against CG, Fabarm, Blaser F16, the mid-range Berettas, and the highest end Brownings.

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:

First of all no one was saying that 10,000 rounds was good enough, just so far, so good. And supposing you do get what you pay for. This gun cost about $4400 in the USA. I guess that means it must be pretty damned good. You can’t have it both ways. You get what you pay for unless it is a gun made in Turkey. Give it up. That just won’t fly. By all accounts it is a very fine shotgun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:00 pm 
Crown Grade

First of all, take some deep breaths.

Second of all, get over your defensiveness. Shoot what you want. I literally don’t care. It’s a decent gun. It’s not a top tier gun. You don’t know what you don’t know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

rpenmanparker wrote:
This gun cost about $4400 in the USA. I guess that means it must be pretty damned good.

Yea, no.

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:

Second of all, get over your defensiveness. Shoot what you want. I literally don’t care. It’s a decent gun. It’s not a top tier gun. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Why does the person who is out of breath always tell other people to take deep breaths? Amazing.

Calling someone defensive is an extremely manipulative rhetorical tactic. It discredits their position without any counter argument having even been made. Surely someone can do better than that by, for example, telling us how many thousands of rounds you have shot through Yildiz guns and how badly they performed. How poorly the barrels were registered. How you couldn’t get them to hit the targets. How poorly they stood up to the regimen and failed after just a few thousand shots. Or how the several Yildiz guns you have owned fell apart within a year or two of purchase. How bad the warranty and repair service from Briley was. How the barrels corroded in just a few months both inside and out. How the ribs came off.

But no one is telling us that, because it all isn’t true.

The Yildiz Perazzi clone is excellent value in Europe but overpriced in the USA. That’s a shame, because, priced right, it would be the gun that changes folks’ minds about Yildiz in particular and just maybe Turkish guns in general.

The inferiority of Turkish guns is not only old news but also fake news at that. The folks who have figured that out are laughing all the way home from the gun store.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:45 pm 
Crown Grade

rpenmanparker wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:

Why does the person who is out of breath always tell other people to take deep breaths? Amazing.

Calling someone defensive is an extremely manipulative rhetorical tactic. It discredits their position without any counter argument having even been made. Surely someone can do better than that by, for example, telling us how many thousands of rounds you have shot through Yildiz guns and how badly they performed. How poorly the barrels were registered. How you couldn’t get them to hit the targets. How poorly they stood up to the regimen and failed after just a few thousand shots. Or how the several Yildiz guns you have owned fell apart within a year or two of purchase. How bad the warranty and repair service from Briley was. How the barrels corroded in just a few months both inside and out. How the ribs came off.

The Yildiz Perazzi clone is excellent value in Europe but overpriced in the USA. That’s a shame, because, priced right, it would be the gun that changes folks’ minds about Yildiz in particular and just maybe Turkish guns in general.

The inferiority of Turkish guns is not only old news but also fake news at that. The folks who have figured that out are laughing all the way home from the gun store.

You grossly mis-underestimate :mrgreen: how loathe shotgunners are to change. I am just holding out for the Iranian-Iraqi double gun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:47 pm 
Crown Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
This gun cost about $4400 in the USA. I guess that means it must be pretty damned good.

Yea, no.

Are you saying you don’t get what you pay for? That’s heresy. Everyone knows you are wrong. They tell me so about twice a week. Is there something else about Turkish-made guns that is not being said? I’m listening.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:50 pm 
Crown Grade

blackandgold wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:

You grossly mis-underestimate :mrgreen: how loathe shotgunners are to change....

Not in the least. Loathe to themselves changing AND anyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

Robert Yildiz Parker51penboy is going to obviously be a fan.

To GoldenEagle, I handled a couple of them at the Krieghoff Classic on Saturday at John Wolley’s display. Great looking gun and felt solid. It was pissing rain on Saturday and I wasn’t about to ask to shoot one. I think they were asking $3,600 or there about. I have to confess, it’s tempting. Such nice wood. I asked who would service them and John’s Son-in-law (?) said they would. I think I also heard Brileys would be the main repair center.

On a side note, I met a guy who bought a 2nd Perazzi as a back up because his main one was having the ribs resoldered for the 3rd time. Maybe the Yildiz is a good back up for when the Perazzi is out of commission. Perhaps that should be their market positioning. “Yildiz, for when your Perazzi has melted its ribs loose.”

Also on a side note, during the Saturday rains a few Krieghoffs where coming open unexpectedly on shooting apparently due to water in the barrel. Probably hydraulic pressure. Kind of ironic since it was the Krieghoff Classic. Should have been called the Krieghoff Open, I guess. “Yildiz, for when it’s raining and you don’t want your Krieghoff to be too self opening.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Scardog7 wrote:
Robert Yildiz Parker51penboy is going to obviously be a fan.

To GoldenEagle, I handled a couple of them at the Krieghoff Classic on Saturday at John Wolley’s display. Great looking gun and felt solid. It was pissing rain on Saturday and I wasn’t about to ask to shoot one. I think they were asking $3,600 or there about. I have to confess, it’s tempting. Such nice wood. I asked who would service them and John’s Son-in-law (?) said they would. I think I also heard Brileys would be the main repair center.

On a side note, I met a guy who bought a 2nd Perazzi as a back up because his main one was having the ribs resoldered for the 3rd time. Maybe the Yildiz is a good back up for when the Perazzi is out of commission. Perhaps that should be their market positioning. “Yildiz, for when your Perazzi has melted its ribs loose.”

Also on a side note, during the Saturday rains a few Krieghoffs where coming open unexpectedly on shooting apparently due to water in the barrel. Probably hydraulic pressure. Kind of ironic since it was the Krieghoff Classic. Should have been called the Krieghoff Open, I guess. “Yildiz, for when it’s raining and you don’t want your Krieghoff to be too self opening.”

Obviously. The smart play. Always the smart play.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:48 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm just holding out for the North Korea designed, parts sourced from Iran, assembled in Turkey double gun that chants "death to America" every time you close it.

If it is priced right, it will sell. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:54 pm 
Crown Grade

blackandgold wrote:
I'm just holding out for the North Korea designed, parts sourced from Iran, assembled in Turkey double gun that chants "death to America" every time you close it.

If it is priced right, it will sell. :mrgreen:

I agree. By right-priced I assume you mean expensive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next