ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yildiz ProStar series?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:54 pm 
Limited Edition

So we have an experienced shooter who actually owns one, likes it , and everyone still knows more that he does. For that price , if you are a person who shoots a bit, who cares about resale ? I am sure he knew what he was getting into, and he is happy. The world is a strange place at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:29 pm 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
Some folks have been known to buy a gun, use it for a while, then sell it to fund other guns Roberto. I know, weird, huh?:-)

Worse.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:30 pm 
Crown Grade

DKW1 wrote:
So we have an experienced shooter who actually owns one, likes it , and everyone still knows more that he does. For that price , if you are a person who shoots a bit, who cares about resale ? I am sure he knew what he was getting into, and he is happy. The world is a strange place at the moment.

Ain’t it the truth!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:47 pm 
Crown Grade

rpenmanparker wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:
Some folks have been known to buy a gun, use it for a while, then sell it to fund other guns Roberto. I know, weird, huh?:-)

Worse.

Not even close.....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

Dave Holmes has forgotten more about target shotguns than most everyone here thinks they know. Many years ago, I was looking at buying a barely used Verona LX980, which was a Zoli Kronos with the importer Verona's market name instead. I learned about Dave's association with the Zoli family and we conversed a good bit about these guns. His knowledge led me to purchase the gun for a ridiculous low price. It served me extremely well for several years until someone made me an offer on it I couldn't refuse. Point being, Dave's confidence in these Prostar guns shouldn't be taken lightly, and I happen to agree with him about them. I've shot one and inspected it thoroughly. They are quality guns well worth their price and then some.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:57 am 
Tournament Grade

Just hitting the 2200 mark with the Prostar. After several conversations with John Gilopidis I decided to take the plunge after selling my 686 trap combo. Gotta say John answered all my questions very quickly like within hours not days. Fit and finish is exceptional on this gun. I decided to journal all rounds shot just to see what this gun will take. I bought this for sporting and fitasc along with afs. In the winter I will shoot Oakleys and protector shoots. So we will see how bigger loads work. Yes Turkey has produced subpar guns no doubt but these are not your dads Turkish guns. I do have a g2 in 28ga that has about 4K down the barrel and it is one of the nicest shooting semis. Time will tell. As for resale value we will see. I think if you take care of them you will get a fair return. I know I lost 1300 on my combo when I sold that so if I loose similar on this oh well. Life is short enjoy it. If this keeps me shooting with my teenage son and even beating him a few times that’s great for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:18 am 
Crown Grade

hoytshooter wrote:
Just hitting the 2200 mark with the Prostar.

Congratulations. How do you rate the build quality, materials, finish and handling of the gun? Thank you for your reply.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Vikram so far build quality is excellent. I honestly have not found any issues what so ever. Handling is coming around I went from a high rib to this which is flat. I do feel this trigger is one of the nicest triggers I have used on a shotgun. It breaks clean at four pounds. Only thing I am trying to learn is allowing the trigger to come all the way out to reset. The wood is amazing. I think that it could use a few more coats or I may wax it. Only other complaint I have is the chokes did not have a light mod. But I will order one soon enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:00 pm 
Crown Grade

I’ll be more interested when you have shot 10 times that number. Blaser first service is at 30K rounds. Many of the Academy Yildiz models go 2200.

Glad you are giving it a try. Time will tell. Too risky for my wallet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

hoytshooter wrote:
Vikram so far build quality is excellent. I honestly have not found any issues what so ever. Handling is coming around I went from a high rib to this which is flat. I do feel this trigger is one of the nicest triggers I have used on a shotgun. It breaks clean at four pounds. Only thing I am trying to learn is allowing the trigger to come all the way out to reset. The wood is amazing. I think that it could use a few more coats or I may wax it. Only other complaint I have is the chokes did not have a light mod. But I will order one soon enough.

Do the chokes have the same threads as the latest Perazzis? If not, what threads?

Last edited by mpolans on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:15 am 
Tournament Grade

No the choke does not match a P gun there. I would describe the choke as an invector plus that is 1/8” longer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:35 am 
Limited Edition

Or a mx12 clone made in China factory’s in northern Italy and stamped made in Italy. Ive heard it is done in the leather industry...

DL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:30 am 
Presentation Grade

hoytshooter wrote:
No the choke does not match a P gun there. I would describe the choke as an invector plus that is 1/8” longer.

Well that sucks that they made them proprietary. It probably means there are no aftermarket chokes available. Might as well get them with fixed chokes and then get Briley thin walls.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

mpolans wrote:
hoytshooter wrote:

Well that sucks that they made them proprietary. It probably means there are no aftermarket chokes available. Might as well get them with fixed chokes and then get Briley thin walls.

Actually Briley and Tru Gold make chokes for the pro star. I spoke with them and I want to say Steve Powell was the man in the know at Briley. The gun comes with cyl, imp, mod, im, and full. You can also contact The importer and get duplicate chokes from them. They respond normally within the hour and ship same day. I have never dealt with a company that responds this quick.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:23 pm 
Crown Grade

hoytshooter wrote:
mpolans wrote:
hoytshooter wrote:

Actually Briley and Tru Gold make chokes for the pro star. I spoke with them and I want to say Steve Powell was the man in the know at Briley. The gun comes with cyl, imp, mod, im, and full. You can also contact The importer and get duplicate chokes from them. They respond normally within the hour and ship same day. I have never dealt with a company that responds this quick.

Briley's website specifically states that their Yildiz chokes do not fit the ProStar. They can duplicate any choke as a custom choke. Send them a choke and they will make whatever you want. Pricing starts at $95 and goes up depending on length and type. Turn around time is listed at 10 to 12 weeks. I don't know about Tru Gold.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yes the website says that. According to Mr Powell at Briley they make the chokes for the Prostar. I have not ordered one yet but plan to. I will be talking to Briley next week at Sctp nationals.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:04 am 
Crown Grade

hoytshooter wrote:

Thank you for the reply.

The reviews, Yardley, TGS, etc., I read from the UK have been quite favourable. All spoke about the build quality in very positive terms. Your experience confirms that. I do hope that you enjoy shooting your gun.

May be one day I will drive to the Yildiz factory.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Damn thing worked fine again this weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

After speaking with Briley at the SCTP nationals I ordered the light modified from them. It was 95 dollars and should be shipped in 6-8 weeks. Wish now I would of ordered sooner. I won’t have it in time for the State clays shoot but oh well. I will make do with what I have.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

Dave Holmes wrote:
Damn thing worked fine again this weekend!

Go figure! Who’da thunk it. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next