ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Yildiz ProStar series?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Got a couple punches yesterday for winning my class. Was a good day gave the Prostar a good cleaning this morning. I had hardly any wad residue in the chokes or barrel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

hoytshooter wrote:
Got a couple punches yesterday for winning my class. Was a good day gave the Prostar a good cleaning this morning. I had hardly any wad residue in the chokes or barrel.

Why would you?

Oh, and congratulations.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:52 pm 
Presentation Grade

Dave Holmes wrote:
I actually bought one. I have and have had other over unders that cost more, including one of the brand Skeetman shoots. I've had most of the target autos. I bought the ProStar without having handled one when I learned that John Gilopidis was importing them. I know John well enough to know he wouldn't be involved if the guns weren't solid. I'm over 3,000 rounds through it now and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. But maybe you guys who haven't shot one are onto something?

Not familiar with John G. Is he a US dealer?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

hoytshooter wrote:

You probably got a few, “Hey, do mind if I see it?” Great job.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:10 am 
Tournament Grade

My last gun a beretta and shooting claybuster wads always had plastic build up in the chokes and barrel. Same with my sons Beretta. John G is the importer of the Prostar. Yes had a few guys ask about it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 am 
Utility Grade

I don’t often post on forums but I wanted to share some background on the Yildiz Prostar.
I have been involved in the firearm and ammunition business for 35 years both in Australia and the US as a shooter, manufacturers rep and gun store owner. My first involvement with the Yildiz Company started about 20 years ago as the importer of the affordable entry level shotguns into Australia. I have to say at the time they represented the best made Turkish shotgun available and over 20 years have sold 1000’s of shotguns with minimal problems compared to other brands on the market in the same price range. The prostar however is a completely different animal.

At the 2017 IWA Outdoor Show in Germany I received a call from an associate of mine who was attending and was at the Yildiz booth. He asked me if I had seen the new” PRO” offering from Yildiz based on the Boss action and he described it as a truly premium made shotgun. I was a bit skeptical about a Turkish made premium shotgun. My friend who I have great respect in his judgement, insisted and repeated “listen to me and do yourself a big favor and check this shotgun out.
This prompted me to contact Yildiz directly and ask them to send me out a sample gun to Australia for my review. I received the sample gun and after reviewing the gun I was on the next available flight to Turkey. Interestingly that sample gun is still being used as a demo and has logged over 35,000 rounds without issue or repair.
I was very impressed in what I saw at the Yildiz factory. Most Turkish manufactures are “trade makers” and outsource most parts Yildiz however, produce everything in house and don’t outsource anything. They also have a policy of not outsourcing to other smaller Turkish gun makers with parts as they wanted total focus on a state of the art modern gun.
During my visit I watched them receive a delivery of 4140 steel and it was all from Italy.
They had the latest CNC machines from Germany and Japan in a 100,000 square foot factory. They were preparing a brand new larger facility that included a separate area that produces the Prostar and also a 40 meter shooting tunnel for pattern testing. This facility has now been operating for nearly two years.

Over the next few days we worked on stock dimensions, barrel configuration, triggers, balance and small cosmetic changes that I thought were better suited for the modern competitive shooter. The owner was very receptive and agreeable to the redesign.

In 2018 we introduced the current Pro Series to Australia. Our first shipment sold within a month with minimal advertising and promotion, all word of mouth and ‘in the hands’ sales.
I had 3 top independent and respected gunsmiths go through them with a fine tooth comb. They were each impressed with the platform. Two of the gunsmiths purchased guns for their own personal use. I was delighted that the majority of the buyers where seasoned shooters who owned high grade well known branded shotguns rather than new shooters.
I have many competitive shooters in Australia that now have well over 20-30k rounds and the response has been excellent.

Since the introduction of the Prostar to the US in early 2019last year we have had a total of two small warranty claims both handled easily with happy clients after. We know of many guns in circulation now that have had 1000’s of rounds and I can say that it’s my understanding that all customers who have purchased them are very satisfied.

When I approached a handful of very reputable dealers and showed them some sample guns not one of them had any hesitation in becoming a dealer. All of them were very impressed with what they saw.
I want to finish off by saying that for any people that are skeptical please check a YILDIZ Pro out, when you have an opportunity. Remember I was one of those skeptics.

We have some new things coming in the new year so please check us out on social media or our web page for updates.

I won’t be engaging in any discussion on this forum but would be happy to answer any questions anyone has if you will contact me or a dealer directly. You can see our list of dealers who each were selected for their long standing reputation and presence in the competitive shooting sports.

John

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am 
Crown Grade

OP, please check for PM sent.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Prostar wrote:
I don’t often post on forums but I wanted to share some background on the Yildiz Prostar.
I have been involved in the firearm and ammunition business for 35 years both in Australia and the US as a shooter, manufacturers rep and gun store owner. My first involvement with the Yildiz Company started about 20 years ago as the importer of the affordable entry level shotguns into Australia. I have to say at the time they represented the best made Turkish shotgun available and over 20 years have sold 1000’s of shotguns with minimal problems compared to other brands on the market in the same price range. The prostar however is a completely different animal.

At the 2017 IWA Outdoor Show in Germany I received a call from an associate of mine who was attending and was at the Yildiz booth. He asked me if I had seen the new” PRO” offering from Yildiz based on the Boss action and he described it as a truly premium made shotgun. I was a bit skeptical about a Turkish made premium shotgun. My friend who I have great respect in his judgement, insisted and repeated “listen to me and do yourself a big favor and check this shotgun out.
This prompted me to contact Yildiz directly and ask them to send me out a sample gun to Australia for my review. I received the sample gun and after reviewing the gun I was on the next available flight to Turkey. Interestingly that sample gun is still being used as a demo and has logged over 35,000 rounds without issue or repair.
I was very impressed in what I saw at the Yildiz factory. Most Turkish manufactures are “trade makers” and outsource most parts Yildiz however, produce everything in house and don’t outsource anything. They also have a policy of not outsourcing to other smaller Turkish gun makers with parts as they wanted total focus on a state of the art modern gun.
During my visit I watched them receive a delivery of 4140 steel and it was all from Italy.
They had the latest CNC machines from Germany and Japan in a 100,000 square foot factory. They were preparing a brand new larger facility that included a separate area that produces the Prostar and also a 40 meter shooting tunnel for pattern testing. This facility has now been operating for nearly two years.

Over the next few days we worked on stock dimensions, barrel configuration, triggers, balance and small cosmetic changes that I thought were better suited for the modern competitive shooter. The owner was very receptive and agreeable to the redesign.

In 2018 we introduced the current Pro Series to Australia. Our first shipment sold within a month with minimal advertising and promotion, all word of mouth and ‘in the hands’ sales.
I had 3 top independent and respected gunsmiths go through them with a fine tooth comb. They were each impressed with the platform. Two of the gunsmiths purchased guns for their own personal use. I was delighted that the majority of the buyers where seasoned shooters who owned high grade well known branded shotguns rather than new shooters.
I have many competitive shooters in Australia that now have well over 20-30k rounds and the response has been excellent.

Since the introduction of the Prostar to the US in early 2019last year we have had a total of two small warranty claims both handled easily with happy clients after. We know of many guns in circulation now that have had 1000’s of rounds and I can say that it’s my understanding that all customers who have purchased them are very satisfied.

When I approached a handful of very reputable dealers and showed them some sample guns not one of them had any hesitation in becoming a dealer. All of them were very impressed with what they saw.
I want to finish off by saying that for any people that are skeptical please check a YILDIZ Pro out, when you have an opportunity. Remember I was one of those skeptics.

We have some new things coming in the new year so please check us out on social media or our web page for updates.

I won’t be engaging in any discussion on this forum but would be happy to answer any questions anyone has if you will contact me or a dealer directly. You can see our list of dealers who each were selected for their long standing reputation and presence in the competitive shooting sports.

John

John, you don’t give contact information. Who is “we”? How can we get in touch with you or your dealers? What website are you talking about?

Last edited by moishepipick on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:54 pm 
Utility Grade

Our dealers can be found on our web site
www.prostarshotguns.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:51 am 
Presentation Grade

Prostar wrote:

John

But John,don't you personally shoot a Perazzi ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:36 am 
Crown Grade

Remember Salvinelli? How about Kemen? Cheap knockoff clones will disappear in a few years in the US. Very clever play on words for the Yildiz on the site.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:03 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Remember Salvinelli? How about Kemen? Cheap knockoff clones will disappear in a few years in the US. Very clever play on words for the Yildiz on the site.

Do you mean spelling imitation with 2 m's?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:22 am 
Utility Grade

There seems to be some discussion about the pricing of the Prostar in the US compared to the UK and wanted to address that issue.
The model that is sold in the US is not the same specifications as the model in the UK. The UK model is basically a game gun configuration. Interestingly the UK did not have a 32” barrel available until after I had met with the owner and added a 32” sporting model.
The US Prostar comes with grade 4 wood for the base model and Grade 5 wood for the engraved model. These are the highest grades of wood available from the factory. The models in the UK use grade 1 and 2 wood as classified by the factory ( not as classified by the UK importer. )
In addition the US model has custom competition stock dimensions and palm swell and come standard with adjustable comb.
Some other differences is flush chokes VS extended, deluxe case VS plastic, competition recoil pad, fluorescent sight.
It is also important to note that the US imposes 11% excise tax and also 5% customs duty on imported guns which is not applicable in the UK. We also have a very high cost in liability insurance which again they don’t in the UK and other parts of the world.
We can also advise that in late September we will have the first of what we call the “Eurospec Prostar” arriving. They will be available in only 28” and 30”, narrow rib, flush chokes, plastic case and no adjustable comb. The wood is Grade 2. MSRP is $2695 and is only available in the standard black action.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:30 am 
Crown Grade

When I see phrases like Italian Masterwork Inspired, Uniquely Affordable and What Is It Called When The Reflection Is Indistinguishable From The Original? Very clever play on words.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:58 am 
Presentation Grade

lt0026 wrote:
When I see phrases like Italian Masterwork Inspired, Uniquely Affordable and What Is It Called When The Reflection Is Indistinguishable From The Original? Very clever play on words.

This whole notion of free enterprise really bothers you, huh?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:04 am 
Crown Grade

GoldenEagle wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

This whole notion of free enterprise really bothers you, huh?

It appears to me that he admired their marketing strategy and presentation of the product. Very clever play on words is a compliment in marketing and advertising. Nothing negative about free enterprise in that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:10 am 
Crown Grade

^^Yup^^ lets see if it works.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:47 am 
Presentation Grade

Prostar wrote:
There seems to be some discussion about the pricing of the Prostar in the US compared to the UK and wanted to address that issue.
The model that is sold in the US is not the same specifications as the model in the UK. The UK model is basically a game gun configuration. Interestingly the UK did not have a 32” barrel available until after I had met with the owner and added a 32” sporting model.
The US Prostar comes with grade 4 wood for the base model and Grade 5 wood for the engraved model. These are the highest grades of wood available from the factory. The models in the UK use grade 1 and 2 wood as classified by the factory ( not as classified by the UK importer. )
In addition the US model has custom competition stock dimensions and palm swell and come standard with adjustable comb.
Some other differences is flush chokes VS extended, deluxe case VS plastic, competition recoil pad, fluorescent sight.
It is also important to note that the US imposes 11% excise tax and also 5% customs duty on imported guns which is not applicable in the UK. We also have a very high cost in liability insurance which again they don’t in the UK and other parts of the world.
We can also advise that in late September we will have the first of what we call the “Eurospec Prostar” arriving. They will be available in only 28” and 30”, narrow rib, flush chokes, plastic case and no adjustable comb. The wood is Grade 2. MSRP is $2695 and is only available in the standard black action.

Who is the anticipated market for the 28"/30" narrow rib Eurospec Prostar?

For those of us who want a low/no-frills competition O/U who don't need fancy wood or cases, any chance for a US Prostar with 31.5" or 32" barrels, competition stock dimensions with adjustable comb (or not, if it'll $200-300), firewood or grade 1 wood, and plastic case, for $2800 or less?

Any chance Yildiz will break Prostar off as a separate sub-brand and remove all the "Yildiz" markings from the gun?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10