ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yildiz ProStar series?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Auldthymer wrote:
Mobilchoke, as far as I know, has become a generic slang term for interchangeable, screw-in chokes no matter what gun they fit. It just means removable. Kind of like Kleenex just means tissues, no longer necessarily Kimberly Clark brand tissues. If it doesn’t say Beretta, it doesn’t necessarily mean Beretta. It is highly unlikely the Yildiz chokes are interchangeable with Beretta chokes.

Maybe one day you'll stop shooting from the hip and posting bad information without verifying it, but I doubt it.

Mobilchoke is a specific choke design developed and marketed by Beretta. While other makers have threaded guns for Mobilchoke and have made chokes to the same pattern, much in the fashion of Browning Invector chokes, the term is not generic for any and all screw-in chokes. Mobilchoke means just that, Mobilchoke pattern chokes only.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:09 pm 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
Auldthymer wrote:
Mobilchoke, as far as I know, has become a generic slang term for interchangeable, screw-in chokes no matter what gun they fit. It just means removable. Kind of like Kleenex just means tissues, no longer necessarily Kimberly Clark brand tissues. If it doesn’t say Beretta, it doesn’t necessarily mean Beretta. It is highly unlikely the Yildiz chokes are interchangeable with Beretta chokes.

Maybe one day you'll stop shooting from the hip and posting bad information without verifying it, but I doubt it.

Mobilchoke is a specific choke design developed and marketed by Beretta. While other makers have threaded guns for Mobilchoke and have made chokes to the same pattern, much in the fashion of Browning Invector chokes, the term is not generic for any and all screw-in chokes. Mobilchoke means just that, Mobilchoke pattern chokes only.

But.....he can keep a ‘perfectly erect head position’ while shooting from the hip, but that eye ‘locked’ on the rib thing will be tougher:-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:23 am 
Crown Grade

Based on examination (images only), Yildiz Pro chokes do not appear to be Beretta Mobilchoke. Beretta Mobilchoke are threaded at the distal end; Yildiz Pro system are threaded at the proximal end.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:00 am 
Tournament Grade

They have their own choke system.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:28 am 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
Auldthymer wrote:

{hs# Spot on!!

Over the years, I have learned not to espouse a point of view unless it was incontrovertible and I could produce the proof. To do otherwise, just makes a person look foolish and ill-informed.

“With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.”
― Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:56 pm 
Diamond Grade

Did I make a good decision going from page one of this thread, to page thirteen without look at anything in between? :-D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

slowshooter wrote:
Did I make a good decision going from page one of this thread, to page thirteen without look at anything in between? :-D

There was some decent info in the middle but you have to go through a bunch of junk to find it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:06 am 
Tournament Grade

New Eurosport is out. You asked they listened. $2695 on it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:43 am 
Crown Grade

There are more details on the Eurosport on Shotgun Opinions Forum. 28 & 30 inch barrels only, under 8 pounds, Grade 2, flush chokes, no adjustable comb. It's a field gun for $2695. You can buy a field SP1 with this configuration for under $1800. Go figure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yep an sp1 is as plain as the day is long. At least these have some wood with figure on it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:34 pm 
Crown Grade

hoytshooter wrote:
Yep an sp1 is as plain as the day is long. At least these have some wood with figure on it!

Do you have a picture of the grade 2 wood? That’s what Beretta and Browning put on their field guns.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

As usual the file is to big to download here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:10 pm 
Crown Grade

hoytshooter wrote:
As usual the file is to big to download here.

Just post the link.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:26 am 
Tournament Grade

Yildiz Prostar Shotguns on Facebook has the information.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:08 am 
Diamond Grade

TGS and Lloyd Patterson discussing the Yildiz.
https://youtu.be/swR1_WVAo2Y

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:33 am 
Crown Grade

Saw the flyer on the Facebook page. Nice wood.

Check out the Joel Etchen SPIII. Very nice stocks as well. Same specs as the Yildiz.
Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III European Spec 12ga 30", 20ga 28", 20ga 30", and 28ga 28" just arrived. Only $2,250.

I'm not really a Beretta fan, but $445 more for a Yildiz? Tough sale.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:36 am 
Tournament Grade

drawdc wrote:

Check out the Joel Etchen SPIII. Very nice stocks as well. Same specs as the Yildiz.
Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III European Spec 12ga 30", 20ga 28", 20ga 30", and 28ga 28" just arrived. Only $2,250.

Not sure if the price listed online changed or he gives out better deals than listed but the SPIII is currently on Joel Etvhen's website for 3600 not 2250 from what I could find at least....FYI not implying the Yildiz is a better buy or better gun as I have no experience with one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:37 am 
Crown Grade

Lacyb wrote:
drawdc wrote:

Not sure if the price listed online changed or he gives out better deals than listed but the SPIII is currently on Joel Etvhen's website for 3600 not 2250 from what I could find at least....FYI not implying the Yildiz is a better buy or better gun as I have no experience with one.

I copied and pasted that from Etchen’s website Tuesday. They are still under new featured guns. Look harder. I wouldn’t post it if it wasn’t true.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

drawdc wrote:
Lacyb wrote:
drawdc wrote:

I copied and pasted that from Etchen’s website Tuesday. They are still under new featured guns. Look harder. I wouldn’t post it if it wasn’t true.

Thanks I found the Euro spec version you mentioned. The $3600 version is the Joel Etchen signature version. I dont know what you get extra for the $1400 in the signature version.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

drawdc wrote:
Lacyb wrote:
drawdc wrote:

I talked to Matt @JEG last week about these Euro models, & he said they were field guns with auto safetys.

Would the stock dimensions for the Euro Field be slightly smaller/lower than the SP1 Sporting ?

Also, could the auto safety be dis-connected for target use ?

Thanks !!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next