ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Anthony Matarese: Sporting Clays FOUNDATION + ADVANCED
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:56 pm 
Diamond Grade

Hey Everyone-BluRay players are available for 70USD and up and there are adapters for computers for about 40USD. BluRay players are compatible with all DVD formats. {hs#

CSM/TRACS Instructor

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The Internet is a Delphi Process without the experts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:20 pm 
Diamond Grade

Beretta sponsored a free chapter so here is a peek for those curious on the videos. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2arT9NQaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Patently Obvious wrote:
Beretta sponsored a free chapter so here is a peek for those curious on the videos. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2arT9NQaw

Thanks PO.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

Just ordered the other day and based on the free chapter i'm sure i'll like it.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

Got out and shot today on the woodlands sporting course! First time shooting in forever. Had it to myself and shot delay by myself. As the name implies, short windows. Had a thirty yard left to right crosser with a 24 in diameter tree 2/3 the way across the open window at the natural break point. Clay flys behind the tree. I tried my usual and missed. Then I thought about Anthony’s short window technique in the video. On second shot, I inserted to the lead after the tree and missed with a stone dead gun. Duh! On the third shot, I inserted to the lead, ran with the target for a micro second, and smashed it! It’s a technique I would not have thought of. Still need more practice with it but it works and it’s in the free chapter!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:31 pm 
Clays Expert
Clays Expert

Something worth listening to and “Go Shooting” has a lot of other great interviews

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jBCLmMEhynE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:39 am 
Crown Grade

Gunsmokesupply wrote:
I am the author of the advanced thread previously. From all the positive comments, I also ordered the Foudations blue ray.
I am a master class shooter who fought a long jouney to get there and I found Foudations to give several very valuable points.

1) Move the body, not the arms when shooting. This keeps the shoulders from rolling and possibly shooting under.
2) Don't look all the way back at the trap( contrary to Wendell Cherrys teaching), rather save your max focus for the targets break zone. Allow the peripheral to pick up the target.
3)On quartering out presentaions with the traps to the right or left of you, look through the barrels ( ghost barrels) by keeping the gun in the pocket but lowering the shoulders ala Bill McGuire.

Excellent information and more than worth the cost. With what I saved this month not shooting tournaments more than paid for the entire set.

Be healthy all,
Dave

Excellent Gunsmoke, good thoughts on quartering, McGuire is a master at dropping and lifting the shoulder. In the heat of battle, we tend to forget it. I did on the Main Event this week on a true pair low trap target, hot, going straight away - over the top, "lost pair."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Congratulations Anthony. Job very well done

Rich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:22 pm 
Field Grade

Bought the 2 disk set and juat finished watching the initial foundation disk. Personally I did not find it that insightful. It is really good quality and all but the info too me was very generalized and basic. I have not watched any of the advanced videos and assume there will be a lot more "golden nuggets" to take away.

I do think the foundation video will have some benefit when trying to get my wife to learn to shoot so I am not yet disappointed in buying the set vs. Just the advanced. However thinking of her situation as a completely new shooter I am disappointed that the foundation video does not have chapters dedicated to teaching the various methods and when and why you would use one over the other. He uses the terms swing through, pull away, maintained lead, and intercept throughout the video assuming g the viewer already grasps those concepts without any demonstration. This is fine for me and most that would buy this but not for those that want to use it to teach a total newbie.

I dont want to be totally negative as there were a few things in the foundation video that I think I can practice and try to incorporate into my shooting.

I will probably start watching the advanced video tomorrow and expect it to be more insightful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

WHAT
You are critiquing the info before you view it. Please don’t try to instruct your wife. Let her shoot some and she will figure it out. The first tape helps ground you in the basics.
Been shooting for 30 + years still got something from first disc and a lot from the second disc.
Open up your mind and give it a chance!!
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:01 pm 
Field Grade

robertj wrote:
WHAT
You are critiquing the info before you view it. Please don’t try to instruct your wife. Let her shoot some and she will figure it out. The first tape helps ground you in the basics.
Been shooting for 30 + years still got something from first disc and a lot from the second disc.
Open up your mind and give it a chance!!
Bob

Not critiquing anything before I see it. My critiques were on the 1st video that I did watch and my statements on the 2nd video were being hopeful that they are more specific and helpful than I found the 1st video.

As for not instructing my wife I agree that is why I was thinking she could watch the 1st video so it is coming from someone other than me. It is tough trying to instruct your significant other. The same message is often time received better from others. Either way I am not qualified to be coach. She has shot her 12ga O/U a few times but we have not got the fit correct just yet. In hind sight I would of got her a Semi Auto....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:41 am 
Crown Grade

Teaching and learning are both served well by going about it in a progressive manner. The first video covers what one needs to know and understand before they jump into the second one.

I’ve been shooting sporting clays since 1985, the year my oldest child was born. I’ve watched the second video at least 15 different times. And I learn something new each time, as there’s a lot there to digest.

These two videos are nothing short of outstanding. I have to question the knowledge and/or the intentions of anyone who fails to see that.