ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: I’m baaaaack. And BiG news.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:34 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

FYI, the difference between factory Beretta Optima LM and M is a whopping .002" -- Beretta uses a .016" constriction for their Optima Mod which is already basically a LM (and IMHO a killer good all-around choke), and a .014" for LM which is still LM. Point here is you won't likely notice the difference... Beretta factory Optima IC is also a little looser than conventional at .008", and then the rest tend to follow convention pretty closely:

https://estore.beretta.com/en-eu/docume ... oke-tubes/

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:50 am 
Crown Grade

They all come back sooner or later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

dcblvsh2 wrote:

What if he wants to shoot skeet? Or what if he wants what he wants?

32" would be my recommendation for skeet as well with an Optima or newer Beretta o/u, could go either way MAYBE with subgauge tubes, but even then I'd lean toward 32".

A majority of my weight sales are for Beretta o/us, Beretta simply made them too muzzle light for most people to control.

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It’s why Zach K uses steel Pure Gold chokes in his 32” DT11.

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:23 pm 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:
No one will have any trouble telling the difference between your Yildiz and an SPIII, regardless of the chokes. Pre-owned since it doesn’t have a full set of chokes? Are you going to set it up like you did the Yildiz?

Lite mod isn’t usually part of a standard choke set. At least I don’t think so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:42 pm 
Crown Grade

JacksBack wrote:
FYI, the difference between factory Beretta Optima LM and M is a whopping .002" -- Beretta uses a .016" constriction for their Optima Mod which is already basically a LM (and IMHO a killer good all-around choke), and a .014" for LM which is still LM. Point here is you won't likely notice the difference... Beretta factory Optima IC is also a little looser than conventional at .008", and then the rest tend to follow convention pretty closely:

https://estore.beretta.com/en-eu/docume ... oke-tubes/

Thanks. Good information.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:51 pm 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:
No one will have any trouble telling the difference between your Yildiz and an SPIII, regardless of the chokes. Pre-owned since it doesn’t have a full set of chokes? Are you going to set it up like you did the Yildiz?

No, new. Full set of 5.

Regarding the setup, I was originally thinking about a cheaper gun with a custom stock to avoid the adjustable butt plate and canting the gun. But I fell in love with the SP IIIs. And also despite everyone’s derision, my stock provides me a perfect fit and mount. I have grown very fond of it. So I spent more on the gun, and will get the the fit for only $200 instead of a $3000 custom stock. My shooting buddy asked me today why I can’t just mount a gun like everyone else. Heck, I don’t do anything like everyone else.

As far as the Yildiz is concerned, I love that gun. There is not one thing wrong with it.

Post subject: I’m baaaaack. And BiG news.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:03 pm 
Crown Grade

rpenmanparker wrote:
drawdc wrote:

No, new. Full set of 5.

Regarding the setup, I was originally thinking about a cheaper gun with a custom stock to avoid the adjustable butt plate and canting the gun. But I fell in love with the SP IIIs. And also despite everyone’s derision, my stock provides me a perfect fit and mount. I have grown very fond of it. So I spent more on the gun, and will get the the fit for only $200 instead of a $3000 custom stock. My shooting buddy asked me today why I can’t just mount a gun like everyone else. Heck, I don’t do anything like everyone else.

As far as the Yildiz is concerned, I love that gun. There is not one thing wrong with it.

I misread your post. I thought you said it had two LMs, but you want two LMs. Good choice for where you shoot.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:09 pm 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
drawdc wrote:

No, new. Full set of 5.

I misread your post. I thought you said it had two LMs, but you want two LMs. Good choice for where you shoot.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Curly N wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
I’m currently shooting 28s and liking it fine. But I thought going up a notch to keep up with the in crowd would make some sense. I’m only 5’7” with 33” sleeve. I just don’t think I need to wave all that barrel around. There really isn’t much another 2 inches of barrel is going to do for me. I only skied once because I didn’t like being tied to the long skis all day if you get the analogy.

I am shorter than you are and have no problems swinging a 32" barrel. It is all where you hold the gun before you call the bird.

Well that explodes one of my personal myths. Curley, I have always considered you to be a giant among men. MAJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^

aka Mr. Tactful. Common sense no longer appears to be common.
NSCA#544066

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:41 am 
Crown Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
Curly N wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
I’m currently shooting 28s and liking it fine. But I thought going up a notch to keep up with the in crowd would make some sense. I’m only 5’7” with 33” sleeve. I just don’t think I need to wave all that barrel around. There really isn’t much another 2 inches of barrel is going to do for me. I only skied once because I didn’t like being tied to the long skis all day if you get the analogy.

I am shorter than you are and have no problems swinging a 32" barrel. It is all where you hold the gun before you call the bird.

Well that explodes one of my personal myths. Curley, I have always considered you to be a giant among men. MAJ

You know what TR said, "Walk shortly and carry a big stick."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:02 am 
Diamond Grade

Have you considered the Ylidiz Pro Sport?
It is supposedly a Perazzi clone.
Pacific Sporting and other quality gun stores are stocking them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am 
Crown Grade

viking wrote:
Have you considered the Ylidiz Pro Sport?
It is supposedly a Perazzi clone.
Pacific Sporting and other quality gun stores are stocking them.

Yes, I did. My take is that Etchen is giving a package of upgrades at an attractive price along with Beretta reputation and quality. Cheaper than the Yildiz in the USA. I love my Yildiz for $450 and plan to keep and shoot it indefinitely, but I would need to see many years of history on the Pro Sport to spend $4,000 on one. And besides, owning one gun that is the butt of jokes on SWG is enough, don't you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:29 am 
Diamond Grade

"And besides, owning one gun that is the butt of jokes on SWG is enough, don't you think?"

I have to agree with you on that comment! LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:13 am 
Presentation Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
Going with 30" barrels on a SC gun is a mistake. Beretta barrels are very light, and there's a decent chance a 32" Beretta would be comparable or livelier than your 28" Yildiz.

I have no problem w/my 682 Gold Super Sporting w/a 29.5" bbls & Briley X2 chokes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

VHart51 wrote:
Skeet_Man wrote:
Going with 30" barrels on a SC gun is a mistake. Beretta barrels are very light, and there's a decent chance a 32" Beretta would be comparable or livelier than your 28" Yildiz.

I have no problem w/my 682 Gold Super Sporting w/a 29.5" bbls & Briley X2 chokes.

You have Mobil choke barrels....

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:18 pm 

MAJENKINS wrote:
Curly N wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:

Just my heart and personality in a short wide stature.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:20 pm 

rpenmanparker wrote:
MAJENKINS wrote:

But in my case it's a heavy "Ban Hammer"!

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:25 pm 
Crown Grade

Curly N wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
MAJENKINS wrote:

But in my case it's a heavy "Ban Hammer"!

As if I didn’t know. Poetic license.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next