ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I’m baaaaack. And BiG news.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:54 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
You do realize that putting on that gadget voided the warranty?

Well, I’m not sure that is so. But even if it is, not adding the gadget would have voided my ability to shoot the gun. Seems like the choice was clear. Just in case it is true is also why I checked the regulation of the barrels before having the work done. Surely I am not alone in taking such a step. Lots of adjustable combs and even custom stocks added to relatively new guns.

Last edited by rpenmanparker on Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:20 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Robert does absolutely everything differently from the rest of the shooting world. Why would the warranty terms be any different? {F*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm 
Crown Grade

Trickster wrote:
lt0026 wrote:
Robert does absolutely everything differently from the rest of the shooting world. Why would the warranty terms be any different? {F*

I know you guys love to bust on me, but you act like no one before me has ever sacrificed the warranty in order to fit a shotgun. Wouldn't bending the stock have the same effect on the warranty? How about replacing a damaged stock (not covered by the warranty) with a new one purchased from someone other than Beretta, replacing the stock with a custom stock, adding an adjustable comb? Don't give me all that crap that I am doing things differently.

Not only that, but folks here love to recommend the purchase of a used Beretta. Of course that carries no warranty at all.

Bottom line how would YOU recommend a gun get fitted, even in a traditional way like by bending the stock, if the warranty must be retained? Oh, I know, just fit yourself to the gun instead of the gun to you. Ehnnnnh! Wrongo! That ain't how it is supposed to be done.

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than make up crap to bust me with. Why do you think I bought a Beretta? Why did I go to Joel Etchen? How did I even know about Joel Etchen? Could it be that I was advised about all that right here? It wasn't from imagining how to buy a new shotgun in my own head, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 pm 

Robert, from day one, you have insisted on painting a bullseye on yourself by thumbing your nose at all those that were trying to give you some helpful advice all the while arguing with them in a most vociferous manner. And now you want to cry " Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me, nobody likes me"?
You stirred the pot of stink, enjoy smelling it.
I do have to give you credit though fo your cunningness to get a free lesson from a top notch instructor, regardless of whether you paid any attention to what was trying to be taught.
You have been warned about trolling the forums here, and yet there is no evidence that you learned anything on that subject either.
Do not push the envelope on that.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is iron in Curly’s words :)

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:35 am 
Crown Grade

I just wanted to mention how pleased I am the way the Beretta and Yildiz are so similar in dimensions and other physical characteristics. They both weigh in right at 8.0 lb including the adjustable butt plates. The drops are essentially the same and the LOPs were made identical as part of the installation of the butt plates. The bending of the Yildiz stock makes it's cast quite similar to the Beretta, though not nearly enough for my needs. And, of course, by using the butt plates as the main fitting device to overcome the cast and drop at heel deficiencies, I can set up both guns to fit the same. One true difference is the palm swell on the Beretta, but I hardly notice it. I'm keeping the Yildiz as a backup and, I expect going back and forth between the two as necessary won't be any problem at all.