ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heads up for a New facility in Roy, New Mexico.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

We installed all the equipment at this place: https://canyonmadnessranch.com It isn't open to the public just yet but it will be soon. Mind-blowing terrain, lots of activities etc. jaw-dropping clubhouse. Please take a look.

Post subject: Re: Heads up for a New facility in Roy, New Mexico.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

WOW!!!!!!!! :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

Less than two hours away!! I'm spreading the word.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

This has the potential to be one of the best facilities in the US. 14,000 acres, mind-blowing terrain (with 600 foot deep canyons) and eager, dedicated owners to make sure it goes in the right direction. In 40 years of designing courses I have never seen more variable terrain and breathtaking scenery.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Looks like to me it is little more than a hour from the NRA Whittington Ctr,, about the same for Founders Ranch, with Ponderosa Springs probably an hour also. Talking about 4 simply breathtaking facilities to spend a week in God's country. I can't help but mention Eddy County, near Artesia and Del Norte, NW of Albuquerque, all of which I have shot. There is also a recently new resort,Tinnin near Basque, south of Albuquerque. Got to get there soon.

Looks like an ideal basecamp for days of shooting.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:21 pm 
Diamond Grade

Gunsite Guy. A few years ago now I was asked to design a course near Albuquerque for a retired naval captain. He had 1,500 acres near Magdelena but unfortunately he became terminally ill and the plans fell through. I always though the NM area and high desert climate would be ideal. Looks like you have some great facilities in your area. Lucky guy! I live in Texas (92 degrees today) and I would move move to NM in a heartbeat, love the Taos and Santa Fe areas but out daughters is here in Dallas. Good shooting and stay safe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:09 pm 
Presentation Grade

here's a dumb question but are they going to throw registered events? otherwise I'm going to have to stick to my guns of "I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention"

hell of a nice place though

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:56 pm 
Diamond Grade

gdub41 I honestly don't know for sure yet and I don't think the owners do either at this stage. But they do have the financial clout and I really believe the sky's the limit with this.
If they try a few registered and they are successful, expansion will be on the cards I would think.

But at this stage they are catering for a clientele that wants a memorable experience in a unique location, with 5 star accommodation combined with a package of activities that will appeal to many. There are places on the SC course where it would be possible to throw some unique high birds off the cliff tops! Fabulous place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

Any body been to this place yet?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

Unfortunately the governor of NM has closed the state and/or made it increasingly difficult for business, any business. The NRAWC had to cancel their state sporting championship.

My barber is in Raton and I have had 1 haircut since November. I am starting to look like a Narc again. However, we do seek into NM at the NRAWC for a few rounds of clays as often as possible :^)

s/f Steve