ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Old eyes, I hate all black targets, give me orange, ple
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

On a 13 station course , you'll get 26 different targets. A mess-up on one or two can happen. BUT when there's a problem w/ over half the targets , it's time to walk.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:46 pm 
Limited Edition

Be kind. All black targets matter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

I keep an 18 wheeler load for our little club.. takes about two loads a year for our club... I have been amazed that the folks that like pink,some love the lime green an I even have some white dome.. not liked much... give me orange black ...black bottom on aerial orange and black on crossers in out woods. I really can't get into the lime green as of yet...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:44 pm 
Crown Grade

That lime green I saw in Florida for the first time on a course in the woods with a lot of light/shadow, light/shadow as the targets traveled through the trees. Those things just glowed all the way. They also used them out West in Reno at a club where the background was all brown sage brush - really contrasted better than orange

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

In 2018, we reset all the targets at the 74 Ranch. One of Milo's comments was that on Station 16, the multilevel platform off the pond dam, they seldom had to refill those traps. Very few people shot that, because they couldn't see the orange targets against the green/tan grass background below their feet, especially in the morning looking east, with the sun beyond them. It got worse later in the year when the grass died off.

As an experiment, Tim Miles and Steve Schultz had him order a few boxes of the lime green targets to try there. That paid off, and made that station into one of the more popular. So much so, that they're using the green targets some back on Stations 9 & 10 on the high berm too, on the low targets under your feet.

For whatever reason, that color seems to be easier to see against a background than the orange, in a wider range of light conditions. When the light is good, just about anything works. But on cloudy days, or other low light conditions, the green really stands out longer.