ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Looping rabbit target rule question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:48 pm 
Field Grade

Grouse Gunner wrote:
A station in a local tournament once had a rabbit target which ran along a mat on the ground like many do, but then, went up an Evil Kenieval type ramp and was launched into the air.

The puller/scorer told each squad before the show pairs, and before the first shooter, that the rabbit could not be taken before the ramp. Simple common sense. It was intended to be taken in the air. I'll bet she got tired of the announcement by the end of the day.

It was a very fun station by the way. A friend had trouble with the rabbit. I suggested he think of it as a chandele, which it basically did become after becoming airborne. It took me the first miss to adjust to that myself, but I killed the last two of the three.

I've never seen a trampoline target, but I imagine it's a similar situation. With likely more inconsistency and variety of trajectory off or the trampoline than the ramp provided.

There used to be a station where you briefly saw a rabbit rolling before going behind a big round hay bale. Behind the bale there was a narrow curved ramp that could shoot the rabbit straight up in the air or if it missed the ramp it kept rolling on the ground and came out on the other side of the bale. This was a favorite for many shooters.