ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re Chuck Frasier
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:45 pm 
Field Grade

Posted with permission: As some of you may already know, Chuck Frasier is hospitalized in medical intensive care 4 at Mcleod Regional Medical Center in Florence SC with apparent COVID-19 infection. He cannot receive any cards as they are potential vectors of infection but I thought it would be nice for him to read what I hope are many well wishes from the community that participates on this forum once he is up to it. A lot of y’all have shot at targets set by Chuck through the years. I think the world of Chuck and I think he would appreciate knowing how much he means to the sporting community. Those of you with his cell phone number may reach out via text although he may not be reply immediately and his replies will likely be brief. Here’s wishing him a speedy recovery.

Post subject: Re: Re Chuck Frasier
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

Chuck is not known to me, but I concur with the wishes for his speedy recovery. No one deserves this affliction.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:15 pm 
Crown Grade

moishepipick wrote:
Chuck is not known to me, but I concur with the wishes for his speedy recovery. No one deserves this affliction.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Make that a second +1; here's hoping for a speedy recovery

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

Pass this along to Chuck's Dr.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSDdwN2Xcg&app=desktop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

another +1.

Don't know you Sir, but best wishes for full recovery and God Speed on your return to your loved ones.

JB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:51 pm 
Crown Grade

Sean,

This was a shock to hear, and thank you for the post. Knowing him and his quiet but strong drive, Chuck will most likely tackle the chore of overcoming this infection similar to how he sets up a full course under an “impossible” deadline...with Style and Grace, earning everyone’s admiration and respect!

We are pulling and praying for him already!

Demi

P.S. Also glad to know you have him on your radar screen. With your reputation in the SC Medical community, Chuck’s medical providers will work especially hard to get him back to 100% ++ shape!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:58 pm 
Limited Edition

Chuck I wish you well, the odds are in your favor that you will beat this flu.
I have shot your targets from Michigan, florida, Pennsylvania and the Carolina's.
Truly one of the best target setters in the country

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have always enjoyed the targets that Chuck has set, he has beat me far more than I have beat his targets. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:00 pm 
Diamond Grade

Get better Chuck. Still a lot of tournaments left this year. We need you back on your feet buddy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:06 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Well, I am breaking my word about posting. The only reason is that Chuck Frasier is a fellow target setter and someone I have known for a long time.. I can't get in touch any other way but here.

Chuck,

I just heard that you are in the hospital with Covid. I am very sorry to hear this. I have always enjoyed shooting your targets. They have always been fair, realistic and seeable. There were no sunshots that I have seen. Chuck, I don't shoot anymore but I do read this site every day. If I see something that I think is good I always send the person who posted this a PM just to let them know that I liked what they had to say. I want you to know that I will be saying a prayer for you. You get better, we need great setters in this sport, especially now.

Sincerely,

Mike McAlpine
Long Time Target Setter Plus
[email protected] - email
325-656-6319 cell

Chuck if you get to where you feel like visiting, please email me or you can try to call me but I am hard to catch on the phone. I am usually out in my shop build something.

Bt the way, My daughter the nurse, insisted that I get tested. I went in Tuesday last week and had the test done. I did have several symptoms and a low fever. I told the Doc that I didn't think I had this stuff and why I was getting tested. She and my daughter are friends so she understood. My test came back negative. I don't know about you but I didn't particularly like the test. Sticking a straw up my nose did hurt a little but it drove me crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:32 pm 
Field Grade

Chuck will bounce back and will be making us scratch our heads over flights we thought too silly to ever miss. I know of a few people that have defeated covid- quote the inconvenience but nothing someone like Chuck cant easily overcome.

Crank the spring up Chuck and send it back to where it came from!

Have loved your targets from the Hunters Pointe days, to the US open in KY, M&M, Nemacolin, Gator cup etc.

I genuinely believe that pursuing your targets are a true barometer to someones shooting ability: No matter how much my game has progressed over the years- you have always found a chink in the armor!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:18 am 
Presentation Grade

I worked with Chuck setting targets at Hunters point and Rose Hill and other venues . A hard act to follow and things had to be right ! It always paid off in the end.
I hope you get through this thing and make a full recovery with no lasting problems? America needs sensible target setters like Chuck, it doesn't seem that they are making them anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:41 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

When my daughter passed away Chuck told me that anytime I needed someone to talk to just let him know.

This should never happen to such a great guy.

Get better soon Chuck.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:14 am 
Tournament Grade

Chuck, wishing you all the best you are one tough guy, and will get this behind you. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Casey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:15 am 
Field Grade

Get better soon, Chuck!
We need more of your targets that leave us, asking our self how we could miss it. It's right there. You have a way of throwing close targets, with little spring that drive us crazy.
Get well soon!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:35 am 
Utility Grade

I pray for a speedy and complete recovery from this illness, Chuck.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Chuck,

I hope you get well enough to read this soon. In the interim, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

"I wish I were dumber so I could be more certain about my opinions. It looks fun."Scott Adams
"Those who shoot to win often lose; those who shoot for fun always win." Geoffe Gaebe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

Chuck

It's been quite a while. Sorry to hear this thing has got a hold of you. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
Once you battle this off it will make those damn chiggers seem like gnat bites.
I give Cyril a prod every now and again to make sure he can still bite!

Be good once you are up and running to have a catch up.

Best wishes

Leigh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Chuck,
I wish you a fast and complete recovery. The sport needs you, and most importantly, the world needs more people like you.

I haven't seen you in a long time, but it is not because I don't want to shoot your targets (I wish!) It is because I have cancer in my guts and I have gone blind in my shooting eye. Even though my shooting days are over, I will never forget you, your targets, and the personal favors you have done for me.

Jim Cassada