ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Nationals
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:10 pm 
Limited Edition

Anyone have any scoop on if Nationals will happen or not ?

DL

Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:34 am 
Presentation Grade

$20 says NO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:57 am 
Tournament Grade

Impossible at previous levels under present conditions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:18 am 
Crown Grade

The risk to shooters, trappers, vendors and employees is just not worth it. And travel to and from is also risky. Between now and election day the politics behind this will get worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:30 am 
Crown Grade

USO and World English have both been postponed until '21. It seems reasonable to do the same with Nationals.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:36 am 
Crown Grade

That would avoid most refunds. And NSCA would get to hold deposits. Then you need to be concerned about the election outcome and possible gun law changes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:42 am 
Presentation Grade

lt0026 wrote:
That would avoid most refunds. And NSCA would get to hold deposits.

All of the state shoots I signed up for that were postponed, gave me the option to let it ride or refund. I would imagine this would happen here as well. They may make a pitch to let it ride and I'm sure many will, but I think the option will be there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:46 am 
Tournament Grade

Heck, I don't think school will happen. Neither the Republican in-person convention. That isn't a political statement, just a guess about how the worsening outlook will, one-by-one, eliminate group activities.

I have a theory about flu season that I think could be extrapolated to Covid19. What if flu season in the fall has nothing to do with the weather, the sunshine, and all that other stuff? What if it is just a result of kids going back to school, spreading the virus among themselves, and bringing it back home to their families? Same for Covid? That is where my money is. I will telll you this. I and my family have never been as healthy since the birth of our children and now grandchildren than we have been in the last four months of semi-isolation, mask wearing, social distancing, and hand hygiene. Nobody is sick with anything. No sniffles. No coughs. No fevers. No ear aches. No strep. Nada! Anyone who has school age children or grandchildren knows how rare that is. Makes you think.

A professional society I volunteer for in governance is canceling its in-person annual tech confernece NEXT FEBRUARY! It may be replaced for a year with a virtual event...or not. The risks of an in-person gathering just too far outweigh the benefits.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:47 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
The risk to shooters, trappers, vendors and employees is just not worth it. And travel to and from is also risky. Between now and election day the politics behind this will get worse.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:22 pm 
Limited Edition

Maybe they should move it to after the elections when covid-19 will all but disappear.

DL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

SCTP Nationals is going on right now in Ohio. 3500 plus kids
Virtual is going on nationwide. So TX might happen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

tresamigovizslas wrote:
Maybe they should move it to after the elections when covid-19 will all but disappear.

DL

I’m hoping to see 250,000 dead rise from the grave. Now that would be worth the price of admission.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:30 am 
Crown Grade

moishepipick wrote:
tresamigovizslas wrote:

DL

I’m hoping to see 250,000 dead rise from the grave. Now that would be worth the price of admission.

Depending on your belief system, you may have the opportunity to see a far larger number than that:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:37 am 
Limited Edition

There are deaths and covid is not a joke. However, it just seems that the data may be flawed with many being counted as Covid-19 that shouldn’t be...

Example - https://www.infowars.com/florida-offici ... ntionally/

IMO - it’s going to get worse before it gets better to achieve herd immunity. Here in Texas we have a huge population and running the numbers gets pretty ugly.

Back to topic- I’m registered for nationals but I’m putting in a back up plan of dove hunting that week if it gets canceled.
DL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:46 am 
Crown Grade

Whether or not 2020 Nationals happen will have nothing to do with public health practice and probably not much to do with state or national politics. It will have everything to do with what level of legal exposure NSCA perceives to exist if someone dies from a COVID19 infection acquired at the event.

There is no more litigation-averse entity on the planet than NSCA.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:03 am 
Limited Edition

mwr01 wrote:
Whether or not 2020 Nationals happen will have nothing to do with public health practice and probably not much to do with state or national politics. It will have everything to do with what level of legal exposure NSCA perceives to exist if someone dies from a COVID19 infection acquired at the event.

Good point, would waivers signed by each participant help ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:11 am 
Crown Grade

DKW1 wrote:
mwr01 wrote:

Good point, would waivers signed by each participant help ?

Waivers slow lawsuits. They don't stop them. Employees and paid help/trappers will have different rights as per OSHA. Covid is so new with many unknowns. I don't know what waiver could protect a business concerning Covid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

moishepipick wrote:
Heck, I don't think school will happen. Neither the Republican in-person convention. That isn't a political statement, just a guess about how the worsening outlook will, one-by-one, eliminate group activities.

I have a theory about flu season that I think could be extrapolated to Covid19. What if flu season in the fall has nothing to do with the weather, the sunshine, and all that other stuff? What if it is just a result of kids going back to school, spreading the virus among themselves, and bringing it back home to their families? Same for Covid? That is where my money is. I will telll you this. I and my family have never been as healthy since the birth of our children and now grandchildren than we have been in the last four months of semi-isolation, mask wearing, social distancing, and hand hygiene. Nobody is sick with anything. No sniffles. No coughs. No fevers. No ear aches. No strep. Nada! Anyone who has school age children or grandchildren knows how rare that is. Makes you think.

A professional society I volunteer for in governance is canceling its in-person annual tech confernece NEXT FEBRUARY! It may be replaced for a year with a virtual event...or not. The risks of an in-person gathering just too far outweigh the benefits.

HAHA good grief. At what point will you decide to emerge from your hole? What's your criteria for that?

Right now four one hundredths of one percent....yes that's right....FOUR ONE HUNDREDTHS OF ONE PERCENT of the US population has died from this virus, not counting the over-estimation of dying "with" the virus instead of "because" of it.

The amount of deaths is down 90% in the past 3 months. You are probably going to get it at some point in the next 10 years! It's not going away!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Are you asking generally, or specifically?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Bexar County will be the deciding factor. As it sits now, smaller shoots with a hundred or two hundred shooters spread out in open spaces is fine. Several thousand won’t make the cut. That could certainly change over the next month. I’m sure the NSCA wants to go forward, but the final decision won’t be theirs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next