ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5418
paracord wrote:
Scardog7 wrote:
With rights come responsibly including the responsibility not to endanger others. If you want to just think you're endangering only yourself then you're naive beyond all logic and clinical evidence. Continue to be a mouth breather and waive your responsibility to burden the health care system for your rightful actions to make yourself or others ill. Also, don't wear a seat belt and ignore all speed limits and stop signs. No one should infringe on your rights because you're the best driver in the world.

. . . and for what its worth, I work in healthcare in Northern Florida and we're short ICU beds, ICU nurses, Emergency Room beds, just like every other Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. hospital. And, we'll still take excellent care of your sorry self-righteous person when you and the ones you infect get the 'Rona.

(There's no such thing as permanently recovering from a moderate to severe case. You'll have permanent loss of some level of heart and lung function.)


When is it okay to come out of our houses?

Please be specific.


I’ve been out plenty. Today, yesterday, the day before........is that specific enough for you?

If you’re gonna go bait casting, learn to bait your hook and cast:-)




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:57 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 697
birdshooter wrote:
]
paracord wrote:
Wow you just rattle off these things like 10x this and "the worst is yet to come" without a shred of evidence or proof

1. There are zero studies about masks that show any effectiveness whatsoever against viral infections: https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/mas ... ial-policy. Please show any data that you have that masks have made any difference because the scientific community has none.



https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0015044

Image

What most people fail to understand is the mask is to reduce the chance of YOU giving it to someone else not the other way around.


Then it should be easy to show me a medical study that proven that with viral infections.

I've shown you several studies in my previous posts that they do nothing. Here they are again:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/mas ... ial-policy

And again here's Fauci: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCQ4X8dK6o

So once again I ask you to provide any study where results were changed statistically by wearing even an N95 mask again viruses, let alone a cloth mask or bandana like we see!

They are effective at stopping LARGE things....vomit, blood, etc. That's why they are worn in the medical profession. They ARE NOT WORN in the cases where people are handling or want real protection against VIRUSES.

Think of shooting some birdshot at a chain link fence. The virus is the shot, the fence is a cloth mask. Does that provide you protection against things that small?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:58 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 697
Rooster booster wrote:
paracord wrote:
Scardog7 wrote:
With rights come responsibly including the responsibility not to endanger others. If you want to just think you're endangering only yourself then you're naive beyond all logic and clinical evidence. Continue to be a mouth breather and waive your responsibility to burden the health care system for your rightful actions to make yourself or others ill. Also, don't wear a seat belt and ignore all speed limits and stop signs. No one should infringe on your rights because you're the best driver in the world.

. . . and for what its worth, I work in healthcare in Northern Florida and we're short ICU beds, ICU nurses, Emergency Room beds, just like every other Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. hospital. And, we'll still take excellent care of your sorry self-righteous person when you and the ones you infect get the 'Rona.

(There's no such thing as permanently recovering from a moderate to severe case. You'll have permanent loss of some level of heart and lung function.)


When is it okay to come out of our houses?

Please be specific.


I’ve been out plenty. Today, yesterday, the day before........is that specific enough for you?

If you’re gonna go bait casting, learn to bait your hook and cast:-)


Well I wasn't asking you but since you volunteered, why are you out? aren't you spreading this killer that is consuming America? What is your point then? If it's okay for you to go out then isn't it okay for people to go shoot too?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:01 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 697
sera wrote:
Doctors doing surgery have been wearing masks for 100 yrs. B/c they work. Saying "there's no proof" is the same as saying as tattooing on your forehead "I'm a mentally challenged person." Get over your stupid conspiracy theories.


Doctors wear masks in surgery to stop large things like vomit and blood. Viruses are a couple MICRONS in size.

They have no illusions that this mask would stop a VIRUS. If their patient were infected with a known virus, they would be wearing a HELL of a lot more than a piece of tissue paper on a string!

Come on now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:06 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5418
paracord wrote:
sera wrote:
Doctors doing surgery have been wearing masks for 100 yrs. B/c they work. Saying "there's no proof" is the same as saying as tattooing on your forehead "I'm a mentally challenged person." Get over your stupid conspiracy theories.


Doctors wear masks in surgery to stop large things like vomit and blood. Viruses are a couple MICRONS in size.

They have no illusions that this mask would stop a VIRUS. If their patient were infected with a known virus, they would be wearing a HELL of a lot more than a piece of tissue paper on a string!

Come on now.



‘Sigh’............truly amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:20 pm
Posts: 190
paracord wrote:
sera wrote:
Doctors doing surgery have been wearing masks for 100 yrs. B/c they work. Saying "there's no proof" is the same as saying as tattooing on your forehead "I'm a mentally challenged person." Get over your stupid conspiracy theories.


Doctors wear masks in surgery to stop large things like vomit and blood. Viruses are a couple MICRONS in size.

They have no illusions that this mask would stop a VIRUS. If their patient were infected with a known virus, they would be wearing a HELL of a lot more than a piece of tissue paper on a string!

Come on now.

Fortunately for us the viruses are carried in liquid droplets, thereby increasing their size so they are, in fact, captured by a decent mask. You can have your doubts, but that doesn’t override the success that masks have demonstrated.

_________________
Morris


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:52 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 697
moishepipick wrote:
paracord wrote:
sera wrote:
Doctors doing surgery have been wearing masks for 100 yrs. B/c they work. Saying "there's no proof" is the same as saying as tattooing on your forehead "I'm a mentally challenged person." Get over your stupid conspiracy theories.


Doctors wear masks in surgery to stop large things like vomit and blood. Viruses are a couple MICRONS in size.

They have no illusions that this mask would stop a VIRUS. If their patient were infected with a known virus, they would be wearing a HELL of a lot more than a piece of tissue paper on a string!

Come on now.

Fortunately for us the viruses are carried in liquid droplets, thereby increasing their size so they are, in fact, captured by a decent mask. You can have your doubts, but that doesn’t override the success that masks have demonstrated.


What success though!?!? Point it out. Show us! To be able to make that statement surely you have evidence to back it up?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5418
Ask. Your. Doctor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:04 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 697
moishepipick wrote:
paracord wrote:
sera wrote:
Doctors doing surgery have been wearing masks for 100 yrs. B/c they work. Saying "there's no proof" is the same as saying as tattooing on your forehead "I'm a mentally challenged person." Get over your stupid conspiracy theories.


Doctors wear masks in surgery to stop large things like vomit and blood. Viruses are a couple MICRONS in size.

They have no illusions that this mask would stop a VIRUS. If their patient were infected with a known virus, they would be wearing a HELL of a lot more than a piece of tissue paper on a string!

Come on now.

Fortunately for us the viruses are carried in liquid droplets, thereby increasing their size so they are, in fact, captured by a decent mask. You can have your doubts, but that doesn’t override the success that masks have demonstrated.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:05 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 697
Rooster booster wrote:
Ask. Your. Doctor.


In other words, you just do what your tv tells you without questioning it.

Got it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5418
No. Once again.....I didn’t say that.

What I was saying, is what kind of forward thinker (bait casting) asks a medical question on a shotgun board?

Try again......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:55 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:20 pm
Posts: 511
Location: Mississippi
paracord wrote:
moishepipick wrote:
paracord wrote:


Image


A surgical mask protects others. Not sure what you have there. Maybe it's a level 1 surgical or maybe it's a Harbor Freight special.

An N95 (real, medical version) protects others and, if properly fitted, protects you.

So, either will protect others. That's your responsibility, to protect others. Wear a mask and quit ruinin' my life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:36 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 3:12 pm
Posts: 493
Location: Central Texas
Hospitals stopped wearing cloth mask in the 50s.

DL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:22 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 am
Posts: 40
tresamigovizslas wrote:
Hospitals stopped wearing cloth mask in the 50s.

DL



Are you saying that we shouldn’t wear cloth masks as a method to help reduce the spread of COVID? Simple question.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 2415
Location: KS
Wearing a cloth mask to limit COVID19 transmission probably isn’t counterproductive unless:

1. the wearer fiddles with it constantly, in which case he is more likely to transmit virus to others or to himself with dirty hands.
2. the wearer believes the mask to be all that is necessary and, as a result, fails to maintain safe distance from others.

Social distancing and frequent hand washing are probably the most effective barrier measures easily available to the public.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:51 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:42 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: Minnesota
moishepipick wrote:
paracord wrote:
sera wrote:
Doctors doing surgery have been wearing masks for 100 yrs. B/c they work. Saying "there's no proof" is the same as saying as tattooing on your forehead "I'm a mentally challenged person." Get over your stupid conspiracy theories.


Doctors wear masks in surgery to stop large things like vomit and blood. Viruses are a couple MICRONS in size.

They have no illusions that this mask would stop a VIRUS. If their patient were infected with a known virus, they would be wearing a HELL of a lot more than a piece of tissue paper on a string!

Come on now.

Fortunately for us the viruses are carried in liquid droplets, thereby increasing their size so they are, in fact, captured by a decent mask. You can have your doubts, but that doesn’t override the success that masks have demonstrated.


Thank you. He obviously didn't read thru the study I provided that details exactly what you just stated. I would also change the wording from "captured" to "reduced" by a decent mask. When we talk about respiratory droplets they (masks) are not fool proof, nothing short of a gas mask is, but they are certainly better (and depending on the quality of the mask) sometimes more than just a little better than someone who is covid positive and asymptomatic, coughing and sneezing wearing nothing at all.

_________________
Sometimes I shoot birds, sometimes I just shoot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:20 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 697
I mean it’s right on the box label for crying out loud! Nothing short of a respirator provides ANY protection against viruses. They are too small to be stopped by the fibers of a cloth or N95 mask! Why do you think they write it on the box?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:38 am 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:44 pm
Posts: 318
So about those Nationals........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:07 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:40 pm
Posts: 271
Location: KC, MO
There's a Nationals? Who knew.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:37 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:15 am
Posts: 22872
Location: Knoxville, Tn area Nyuck, Nyuck
Enough!



_________________
Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 16dogs, 3'12, bigbluedodge, Bing [Bot], Bird Guide, Bob_K, casonet, chairman, Chris Ferres, CMT1, damonograph, desmobob, dlh711, DooFighter, garander, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Herries, homey, hopper810, Jim18611865, K804fun, Keperkey, kiotee, LitzerSki, Lou Forrest, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mkk, Moorhunter115, msmith, Old Retired Cop, oyeme, painter*, PKW-Indiana, richg99, Road Man, Rubberhead, skar, toptechX6, troutbum1


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice