ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nationals
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

I suspect the World FITASC that was moved to November will get called off as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

paracord wrote:
moishepipick wrote:
Heck, I don't think school will happen. Neither the Republican in-person convention. That isn't a political statement, just a guess about how the worsening outlook will, one-by-one, eliminate group activities.

I have a theory about flu season that I think could be extrapolated to Covid19. What if flu season in the fall has nothing to do with the weather, the sunshine, and all that other stuff? What if it is just a result of kids going back to school, spreading the virus among themselves, and bringing it back home to their families? Same for Covid? That is where my money is. I will telll you this. I and my family have never been as healthy since the birth of our children and now grandchildren than we have been in the last four months of semi-isolation, mask wearing, social distancing, and hand hygiene. Nobody is sick with anything. No sniffles. No coughs. No fevers. No ear aches. No strep. Nada! Anyone who has school age children or grandchildren knows how rare that is. Makes you think.

A professional society I volunteer for in governance is canceling its in-person annual tech confernece NEXT FEBRUARY! It may be replaced for a year with a virtual event...or not. The risks of an in-person gathering just too far outweigh the benefits.

HAHA good grief. At what point will you decide to emerge from your hole? What's your criteria for that?

Right now four one hundredths of one percent....yes that's right....FOUR ONE HUNDREDTHS OF ONE PERCENT of the US population has died from this virus, not counting the over-estimation of dying "with" the virus instead of "because" of it.

The amount of deaths is down 90% in the past 3 months. You are probably going to get it at some point in the next 10 years! It's not going away!

I have no problem with you putting your own life at risk. Just don’t suggest that I do the same or let your cavalier attitude endanger me. Despite the poor public response to the behavioral recommendations, there has still been significant avoidance of deaths due to some wearing of masks, social distancing and extra attention to hygiene. In the absence of that, the results would be more like 10x what we have already seen. And it appears the worst is yet to come. Of all the absurd attitudes that have been expressed regarding this plague, saying that the good results from doing the right thing prove that the right thing didn’t need to be done in the first place has got to be the worst.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

moishepipick wrote:
paracord wrote:
moishepipick wrote:
Heck, I don't think school will happen. Neither the Republican in-person convention. That isn't a political statement, just a guess about how the worsening outlook will, one-by-one, eliminate group activities.

I have a theory about flu season that I think could be extrapolated to Covid19. What if flu season in the fall has nothing to do with the weather, the sunshine, and all that other stuff? What if it is just a result of kids going back to school, spreading the virus among themselves, and bringing it back home to their families? Same for Covid? That is where my money is. I will telll you this. I and my family have never been as healthy since the birth of our children and now grandchildren than we have been in the last four months of semi-isolation, mask wearing, social distancing, and hand hygiene. Nobody is sick with anything. No sniffles. No coughs. No fevers. No ear aches. No strep. Nada! Anyone who has school age children or grandchildren knows how rare that is. Makes you think.

A professional society I volunteer for in governance is canceling its in-person annual tech confernece NEXT FEBRUARY! It may be replaced for a year with a virtual event...or not. The risks of an in-person gathering just too far outweigh the benefits.

HAHA good grief. At what point will you decide to emerge from your hole? What's your criteria for that?

Right now four one hundredths of one percent....yes that's right....FOUR ONE HUNDREDTHS OF ONE PERCENT of the US population has died from this virus, not counting the over-estimation of dying "with" the virus instead of "because" of it.

The amount of deaths is down 90% in the past 3 months. You are probably going to get it at some point in the next 10 years! It's not going away!

I have no problem with you putting your own life at risk. Just don’t suggest that I do the same or let your cavalier attitude endanger me. Despite the poor public response to the behavioral recommendations, there has still been significant avoidance of deaths due to some wearing of masks, social distancing and extra attention to hygiene. In the absence of that, the results would be more like 10x what we have already seen. And it appears the worst is yet to come. Of all the absurd attitudes that have been expressed regarding this plague, saying that the good results from doing the right thing prove that the right thing didn’t need to be done in the first place has got to be the worst.

Wow you just rattle off these things like 10x this and "the worst is yet to come" without a shred of evidence or proof

1. There are zero studies about masks that show any effectiveness whatsoever against viral infections: https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/mas ... ial-policy. Please show any data that you have that masks have made any difference because the scientific community has none.

2. You don't have to go anywhere! You can stay home as long as you want, wear whatever mask you want, wash your hands 100 times a day, or whatever. All we're saying is stop projecting that onto the rest of the country. People should be able to choose what they want to go to, what shoots they want to attend, etc.

3. Notice that you didn't answer my question. I asked what your criteria is for you to come out. What specifically do you have to see to make yourself comfortable? Surely you've asked yourself that question, or to you just blindly accept whatever your TV tells you? The virus isn't going away, so are you going to stay home and wear masks until your final day?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:44 pm 
Crown Grade

Regarding your item #2...... go ahead, go attend a shoot that’s been canceled. Tell us how that works for you.:-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Agreed! Your fear does nor trump my rights or freedom - if you are afraid, in a high risk group, or whatever, then stay home, mask up, dso whatever makes YOU feel safe and unafraid. There are numerous articles and studies that wearing a mask for prolonged periods is MORE harmful because it leads to hypoxia, let alone continuously breathing in any germs you might have encountered. get tested, practice safe distancing or whatever makes yiu comfortable but stop projecting your fears onto the rest of us and making us kowtow to those fears with the loss of OUR freedoms.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 pm 
Crown Grade

If wearing a mask leads to ‘hypoxia’.....you should take it out of your mouth and nose. They’re supposed to be worn OVER:-)

You shrill Sally’s bellowing about people infringing on your rights, who exactly are you talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
Regarding your item #2...... go ahead, go attend a shoot that’s been canceled. Tell us how that works for you.:-)

Uh yes, that's the point though! If everyone has the chicken little attitude that this guy has, there will be no more shoots!

We might as well open up for the people who want to, who have businesses to run and who can't indefinitely stay home for something that has claimed the lives of 4 ONE HUNDREDTHS OF ONE PERCENT of our population.

The virus isn't going away. We are all probably going to get it eventually and we are all likely going to be just fine!

This is the point, my friend. Canceling shoots hurts our sport.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
If wearing a mask leads to ‘hypoxia’.....you should take it out of your mouth and nose. They’re supposed to be worn OVER:-)

You shrill Sally’s bellowing about people infringing on your rights, who exactly are you talking about?

Once again, there are ZERO studies that show masks do anything whatsoever (read my link above with tons of scientific studies. Just in March Fauci was laughing about people wearing masks saying they don't help against viruses. This is correct! Here he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCQ4X8dK6o

It's just a way for politicians to say they are "doing something" to stop something they simply can't control! It also makes some people "feel good."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:

Try again and try reading REAL science articles about hypoxia. Covering your mouth and nose for extended periods exacerbates hypoxia; folks who have minor health issues have them become major ones. PLEASE stay home where you feel safe, no one will fault you or denigrate you for doing so - unlike you who denigrate the rest of us for wanting to live our lives as WE see fit, not you or fake Fauci or WHO or CDC..............

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:52 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:

Try again and try reading REAL science articles about hypoxia. Covering your mouth and nose for extended periods exacerbates hypoxia; folks who have minor health issues have them become major ones. PLEASE stay home where you feel safe, no one will fault you or denigrate you for doing so - unlike you who denigrate the rest of us for wanting to live our lives as WE see fit, not you or fake Fauci or WHO or CDC..............

Get a grip Irene. You’re making a ton of ASSumptions, none of them close to correct. Who exactly is denigrating or dictating anything to you?

I just am curious how you arrived at a conclusion that anyone here, has deprived you of your personal liberties.

You should know this, but opinions expressed here are not in any way making you do anything. So again, stop assuming, get a grip, and quit playing the ‘afraid’ card. Once again, you have no idea who you’re talking to here (the participants here), what their circumstances may be, or much else of a clue.

You guys are the ones sounding scared and defensive. Do what you want, anyone else will do what they want.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:09 pm 
Field Grade

The Grand American Trap Shoot is still on at Linn Creek in Missouri. Satellite Grands and State Trap shoots are going on in many states in the country.

Does that mean that trap shooters are smarter, tougher, more dedicated to their sport or more stupid than sporting clays shooters? Inquiring minds want to know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Inquiring minds ought to be able to figure our it has more to do with local government rules in areas where shoots are taking place.

Again, individual shooters are not making the decisions on shoots going ahead, or being cancelled. Nice try though.:-)

A516 huh? Excellent taste!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:35 pm 
Field Grade

The ATA moved their Grand American from Illinois (where they couldn't hold it) to Linn Creek in Missouri where they could. Thank you, it is excellent taste. I love all of my many A5 Sweet 16's. Just wondering why the sporting clays organizations cannot find a place to hold their national shoots?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Well, first off, as of today......it’s still on. Second, it’s pretty well tied at the moment to the NSC. Might this situation push for change?, who knows. The NSCA US Open rotates, SS you likely know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:38 pm 
Presentation Grade

With rights come responsibly including the responsibility not to endanger others. If you want to just think you're endangering only yourself then you're naive beyond all logic and clinical evidence. Continue to be a mouth breather and waive your responsibility to burden the health care system for your rightful actions to make yourself or others ill. Also, don't wear a seat belt and ignore all speed limits and stop signs. No one should infringe on your rights because you're the best driver in the world.

(There's no such thing as permanently recovering from a moderate to severe case. You'll have permanent loss of some level of heart and lung function.)

Last edited by Scardog7 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:52 pm 
Crown Grade

Scardog7 wrote:
With rights come responsibly including the responsibility not to endanger others. If you want to just think you're endangering only yourself then you're naive beyond all logic and clinical evidence. Continue to be a mouth breather and waive your responsibility to burden the health care system for your rightful actions to make yourself or others ill. Also, don't wear a seat belt and ignore all speed limits and stop signs. No one should infringe on your rights because you're the best driver in the world.

. . . and for what its worth, I work in healthcare in Northern Florida and we're short ICU beds, ICU nurses, Emergency Room beds, just like every other Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. hospital. And, we'll still take excellent care of your sorry self-righteous person when you and the ones you infect get the 'Rona.

(There's no such thing as permanently recovering from a moderate to severe case. You'll have permanent loss of some level of heart and lung function.)

Well said.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:23 pm 
Limited Edition

Scardog7 wrote:

. . . and for what its worth, I work in healthcare in Northern Florida and we're short ICU beds, ICU nurses, Emergency Room beds, just like every other Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. hospital. And, we'll still take excellent care of your sorry self-righteous person when you and the ones you infect get the 'Rona.

Why is it that people will listen to some clown on YouTube and take their word as gospel, yet discount people with first hand experience ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Doctors doing surgery have been wearing masks for 100 yrs. B/c they work. Saying "there's no proof" is the same as saying as tattooing on your forehead "I'm a mentally challenged person." Get over your stupid conspiracy theories.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:38 pm 
Crown Grade

]
paracord wrote:
Wow you just rattle off these things like 10x this and "the worst is yet to come" without a shred of evidence or proof

1. There are zero studies about masks that show any effectiveness whatsoever against viral infections: https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/mas ... ial-policy. Please show any data that you have that masks have made any difference because the scientific community has none.

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0015044

What most people fail to understand is the mask is to reduce the chance of YOU giving it to someone else not the other way around.

Last edited by birdshooter on Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

Scardog7 wrote:

When is it okay to come out of our houses?

Please be specific.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next