ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:31 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 2470
Location: KS
There is a pretty good chance that within the next 6-9 months one or more COVID19 vaccines will be deployed. It is too early to know what efficacy will be for any of them, but it is certain to be better than the zero point at which we are currently operating.

I am cautiously optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:22 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11286
Location: So Cal USA
mwr01 wrote:
There is a pretty good chance that within the next 6-9 months one or more COVID19 vaccines will be deployed. It is too early to know what efficacy will be for any of them, but it is certain to be better than the zero point at which we are currently operating.

I am cautiously optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020.


Nice, where'd you go to medical school?

AIDS has been around since the 80, and I don't think there's a vaccine yet. I think it would have been on the news.

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:13 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4203
Location: Western Tampa, FL
That's true about AIDES. However, I don't see the panic about it there once was, do you? Why? Maybe because they have come up with many medications to minimize its deadly effects. I see the same as possible and even probable for this virus. They have already been able to shorten the average hospital stay with some drug regimens.

Until then everyone has to do whatever it takes for them to feel safe. Those are individual decions IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:27 am
Posts: 8166
Location: Silicon Valley
Re CV... There are currently something like 180 biotech firms working on a covid vaccine. Three are in phase-3 trials with a vaccine, the last phase before approval/production. The fact they got that far means they are promisingly effective. This means we could have a viable vaccine--in fact three of them--by November of this year. A nationwide vaccine rollout will take maybe 45 days and allow the population to herd almost overnight; going herd means for all intents and purposes, by early 2021 we could be back to "normal" social-contact protocols. I for one remain optimistic.

_________________
Jack
NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:12 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5585
After the election all attention focuses on a rigged/fixed election and all this goes on the back burner. Wait and see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:34 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4203
Location: Western Tampa, FL
lt0026 wrote:
After the election all attention focuses on a rigged/fixed election and all this goes on the back burner. Wait and see.


Depending on who wins you are absolutely correct. If the Democrats win, the news cycle will all be positive so same result.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:30 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11286
Location: So Cal USA
oyeme wrote:
lt0026 wrote:
After the election all attention focuses on a rigged/fixed election and all this goes on the back burner. Wait and see.


Depending on who wins you are absolutely correct. If the Democrats win, the news cycle will all be positive so same result.


If the democrats win, the virus still be cured and the country will open the very next day :)

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:34 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5585
The number they won't show you is the total amount of deaths above what is considered normal. How many excess deaths the result of Covid?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:38 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5852
MEANWHILE........back to the OP, it’s sad for all that were planning on attending, the range, for putting in a TON of work in anticipation of what’s almost always a great event.

I hope things smooth out sooner than later, as the folks owning and operating the facilities we enjoy so much are really taking it in the teeth.


Last edited by Rooster booster on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:47 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11286
Location: So Cal USA
Rooster booster wrote:
MEANWHILE........back to the OP, it’s sad for all that we’re planning on attending, the range, for putting in a TON of work in anticipation of what’s almost always a great event.

I hope things smooth out sooner than later, as the folks owning and operating the facilities we enjoy so much are really taking it in the teeth.


I hope the CSCA awards them the State Championship next year, if they want it.

More and more clubs are pulling away from big tournaments. Too much work they tell me

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:52 am
Posts: 455
Location: Eastern Kentucky
The county adjacent to mine just announced it first covid death. Local news paper article "XXXXX County records first covid death, cause of death was Brain Cancer, however patient was tested positive in June but the positive result was not reported". Sure enough I checked the state covid statistics web site and that county now shows 1 covid death this week. No wonder people question this pandemic, with these sort of statistical analysis.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 am
Posts: 642
I say cancel the Election until 2021 , make the vaccine for this years priority . that way everyone
can go to the poles and vote leaving those dirty hands of Sleazebags politicians from padding
the mail-in ballots !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:06 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 326
JacksBack wrote:
Re CV... There are currently something like 180 biotech firms working on a covid vaccine. Three are in phase-3 trials with a vaccine, the last phase before approval/production. The fact they got that far means they are promisingly effective. This means we could have a viable vaccine--in fact three of them--by November of this year. A nationwide vaccine rollout will take maybe 45 days and allow the population to herd almost overnight; going herd means for all intents and purposes, by early 2021 we could be back to "normal" social-contact protocols. I for one remain optimistic.


I will remain optimistic as well. It is in short supply though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 2687
Location: Central Maine
DKW1 wrote:
JacksBack wrote:
Re CV... There are currently something like 180 biotech firms working on a covid vaccine. Three are in phase-3 trials with a vaccine, the last phase before approval/production. The fact they got that far means they are promisingly effective. This means we could have a viable vaccine--in fact three of them--by November of this year. A nationwide vaccine rollout will take maybe 45 days and allow the population to herd almost overnight; going herd means for all intents and purposes, by early 2021 we could be back to "normal" social-contact protocols. I for one remain optimistic.


I will remain optimistic as well. It is in short supply though.


me as well. The country...the world...all of us need a little good news and positive momentum.

Hopefully businesses including our valued shooting grounds weather this storm and make it thru to the other side. The impacts of the covid era unfortunately are going to leave a huge mark on the business world long after the vaccine is here and protocols are relaxed.

_________________
Beretta A400 Excel "Black" Cole Special
Browning Citori Crossover Target

NSCA 602398


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:39 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 2470
Location: KS
ysr_racer wrote:
mwr01 wrote:
There is a pretty good chance that within the next 6-9 months one or more COVID19 vaccines will be deployed. It is too early to know what efficacy will be for any of them, but it is certain to be better than the zero point at which we are currently operating.

I am cautiously optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020.


Nice, where'd you go to medical school?

AIDS has been around since the 80, and I don't think there's a vaccine yet. I think it would have been on the news.


Emory, and although the virologists have learned a great deal about retroviral immunity, there is no effective HIV vaccine. Current guess is maybe by 2030. I’m not holding my breath.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 359
mwr01 wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
mwr01 wrote:
There is a pretty good chance that within the next 6-9 months one or more COVID19 vaccines will be deployed. It is too early to know what efficacy will be for any of them, but it is certain to be better than the zero point at which we are currently operating.

I am cautiously optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020.


Nice, where'd you go to medical school?

AIDS has been around since the 80, and I don't think there's a vaccine yet. I think it would have been on the news.


Emory, and although the virologists have learned a great deal about retroviral immunity, there is no effective HIV vaccine. Current guess is maybe by 2030. I’m not holding my breath.


This made me giggle. Likely one of the best medical schools in the country.

_________________
NSCA# 675393
Chasing punches


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:26 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:49 pm
Posts: 3177
mwr01 wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
mwr01 wrote:
There is a pretty good chance that within the next 6-9 months one or more COVID19 vaccines will be deployed. It is too early to know what efficacy will be for any of them, but it is certain to be better than the zero point at which we are currently operating.

I am cautiously optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020.


Nice, where'd you go to medical school?

AIDS has been around since the 80, and I don't think there's a vaccine yet. I think it would have been on the news.


Emory, and although the virologists have learned a great deal about retroviral immunity, there is no effective HIV vaccine. Current guess is maybe by 2030. I’m not holding my breath.


Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:41 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am
Posts: 697
ysr_racer wrote:
mwr01 wrote:
There is a pretty good chance that within the next 6-9 months one or more COVID19 vaccines will be deployed. It is too early to know what efficacy will be for any of them, but it is certain to be better than the zero point at which we are currently operating.

I am cautiously optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020.


Nice, where'd you go to medical school?

AIDS has been around since the 80, and I don't think there's a vaccine yet. I think it would have been on the news.


And the flu vaccine has been around since 1945. It’s only about 50% effective and tens of thousands still die every year from the flu all around the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:53 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5852
Yes, and saved many more.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:55 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 22673
lt0026 wrote:
After the election all attention focuses on a rigged/fixed election and all this goes on the back burner. Wait and see.

There are already over 150 lawsuits waiting to be files on elections that haven't happened yet.



_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Alan in Vermont, barrowsr*, Bing [Bot], birdhunter39, Bladeswitcher, BobBill, Curly N, dlh711, dolphin717, drcook, dubob, dutch7373, Eric87000, EricB, fullgallon, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], gordonhurst, grandpa1466, HenryPeter, hopper810, Jim Tyner, John H, jwgworld, maggs01, MartyFischer, McFarmer, Mike McAlpine, misterdom, Mkk, Mr_Mac, Multiflora, muskyjack, nhithaca, Nicoli7153, nwcanoe, ohio mike, oyeme, P.Muerrle, painter*, PJR, pump shooter, rbdjr, Redhawk75, Riflemeister, Rooster booster, senorric, sera, soupsandwich, sportclayslayer1, Starstorm, SteveWilliams, Stuck-N-Kali, Tidefanatic, Tom Shaffer, Tron, TWISTER7795, twohigh, Wild Skies, wyatt earp, zxcvbnm


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice