ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The 2020 California State Shoot is cancelled !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:31 am 
Crown Grade

There is a pretty good chance that within the next 6-9 months one or more COVID19 vaccines will be deployed. It is too early to know what efficacy will be for any of them, but it is certain to be better than the zero point at which we are currently operating.

I am cautiously optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:22 am 
Crown Grade

mwr01 wrote:
There is a pretty good chance that within the next 6-9 months one or more COVID19 vaccines will be deployed. It is too early to know what efficacy will be for any of them, but it is certain to be better than the zero point at which we are currently operating.

Nice, where'd you go to medical school?

AIDS has been around since the 80, and I don't think there's a vaccine yet. I think it would have been on the news.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:13 am 
Crown Grade

That's true about AIDES. However, I don't see the panic about it there once was, do you? Why? Maybe because they have come up with many medications to minimize its deadly effects. I see the same as possible and even probable for this virus. They have already been able to shorten the average hospital stay with some drug regimens.

Until then everyone has to do whatever it takes for them to feel safe. Those are individual decions IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Re CV... There are currently something like 180 biotech firms working on a covid vaccine. Three are in phase-3 trials with a vaccine, the last phase before approval/production. The fact they got that far means they are promisingly effective. This means we could have a viable vaccine--in fact three of them--by November of this year. A nationwide vaccine rollout will take maybe 45 days and allow the population to herd almost overnight; going herd means for all intents and purposes, by early 2021 we could be back to "normal" social-contact protocols. I for one remain optimistic.

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:12 am 
Crown Grade

After the election all attention focuses on a rigged/fixed election and all this goes on the back burner. Wait and see.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:34 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
After the election all attention focuses on a rigged/fixed election and all this goes on the back burner. Wait and see.

Depending on who wins you are absolutely correct. If the Democrats win, the news cycle will all be positive so same result.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:30 am 
Crown Grade

oyeme wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

Depending on who wins you are absolutely correct. If the Democrats win, the news cycle will all be positive so same result.

If the democrats win, the virus still be cured and the country will open the very next day :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:34 am 
Crown Grade

The number they won't show you is the total amount of deaths above what is considered normal. How many excess deaths the result of Covid?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:38 am 
Crown Grade

MEANWHILE........back to the OP, it’s sad for all that were planning on attending, the range, for putting in a TON of work in anticipation of what’s almost always a great event.

I hope things smooth out sooner than later, as the folks owning and operating the facilities we enjoy so much are really taking it in the teeth.

Last edited by Rooster booster on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:47 am 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
MEANWHILE........back to the OP, it’s sad for all that we’re planning on attending, the range, for putting in a TON of work in anticipation of what’s almost always a great event.

I hope things smooth out sooner than later, as the folks owning and operating the facilities we enjoy so much are really taking it in the teeth.

I hope the CSCA awards them the State Championship next year, if they want it.

More and more clubs are pulling away from big tournaments. Too much work they tell me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:43 pm 
Limited Edition

The county adjacent to mine just announced it first covid death. Local news paper article "XXXXX County records first covid death, cause of death was Brain Cancer, however patient was tested positive in June but the positive result was not reported". Sure enough I checked the state covid statistics web site and that county now shows 1 covid death this week. No wonder people question this pandemic, with these sort of statistical analysis.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

I say cancel the Election until 2021 , make the vaccine for this years priority . that way everyone
can go to the poles and vote leaving those dirty hands of Sleazebags politicians from padding
the mail-in ballots !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:06 pm 
Limited Edition

JacksBack wrote:
Re CV... There are currently something like 180 biotech firms working on a covid vaccine. Three are in phase-3 trials with a vaccine, the last phase before approval/production. The fact they got that far means they are promisingly effective. This means we could have a viable vaccine--in fact three of them--by November of this year. A nationwide vaccine rollout will take maybe 45 days and allow the population to herd almost overnight; going herd means for all intents and purposes, by early 2021 we could be back to "normal" social-contact protocols. I for one remain optimistic.

I will remain optimistic as well. It is in short supply though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:15 pm 
Crown Grade

DKW1 wrote:
JacksBack wrote:

I will remain optimistic as well. It is in short supply though.

me as well. The country...the world...all of us need a little good news and positive momentum.

Hopefully businesses including our valued shooting grounds weather this storm and make it thru to the other side. The impacts of the covid era unfortunately are going to leave a huge mark on the business world long after the vaccine is here and protocols are relaxed.

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:39 pm 
Crown Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
mwr01 wrote:

AIDS has been around since the 80, and I don't think there's a vaccine yet. I think it would have been on the news.

Emory, and although the virologists have learned a great deal about retroviral immunity, there is no effective HIV vaccine. Current guess is maybe by 2030. I’m not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 am 
Limited Edition

mwr01 wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
mwr01 wrote:

Emory, and although the virologists have learned a great deal about retroviral immunity, there is no effective HIV vaccine. Current guess is maybe by 2030. I’m not holding my breath.

This made me giggle. Likely one of the best medical schools in the country.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:26 pm 
Crown Grade

mwr01 wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
mwr01 wrote:

Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee......

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
mwr01 wrote:

And the flu vaccine has been around since 1945. It’s only about 50% effective and tens of thousands still die every year from the flu all around the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:53 pm 
Crown Grade

Yes, and saved many more.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:55 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:

There are already over 150 lawsuits waiting to be files on elections that haven't happened yet.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin