ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Will Nationals be held at NSC as scheduled in 2020?
Yes 23%  23%  [ 15 ]
No 77%  77%  [ 50 ]
Total votes : 65
 Post subject: Poll: Will Nationals be Held as scheduled in 2020?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

Poll: Will Nationals be Held as scheduled in 2020?

TSSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited
Trout Unlimited

Post subject: Re: Poll: Will Nationals be Held as scheduled in 2020?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I think the real question is if they are held, what will the results really mean?

Personally, I think this season is going to have to be logged as a total write-off for the sport...

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:03 am 
Crown Grade

For the safety of ALL involved not just the shooters, no.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:46 am 
Field Grade

I hope not I look forward to that time for vacation every year .if the idiots would just wear masks for six weeks the stuff will go away ,but I don’t know if it’s there too proud to wear a mask too much of a man or just plain dumb a$$

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:02 pm 
Limited Edition

This virus will never go away.
Maybe they aren't in the 5% high risk group and are in the 95% of the people that will get the flu with out or minimal symptoms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:59 pm 
Limited Edition

clayshooter100 wrote:
I hope not I look forward to that time for vacation every year .if the idiots would just wear masks for six weeks the stuff will go away ,but I don’t know if it’s there too proud to wear a mask too much of a man or just plain dumb a$$

It ain't going away. The masks are minimally effective, and their widespread adoption proves how eager folks are to give away their freedom.

A vaccine will help, but the China virus will likely kill significantly more than the regular flu. Get used to it.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mike-rowe ... s-hysteria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:25 pm 
Crown Grade

clayshooter100 wrote:

Seriously? Wearing masks does not make a virus go away - if it did we would have been doing that every flu season.
I seriously doubt NSCA will hold nationals this year

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:17 pm 
Limited Edition

Lawyers and insurance companies will tell them no. To afraid of getting sued.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Whatsuuuup! wrote:
Lawyers and insurance companies will tell them no. To afraid of getting sued.

No, more like the local government will say no.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:56 pm 
Field Grade

I agree with other posters that have said the same thing about mask! They do nothing to stop the virus and it is what it is. Way to many people have caved in to wearing a mask and given up their freedoms. Nationals I am sure are in jeopardy for 2020!!! and that is shame.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:03 pm 
Crown Grade

From the July 24, 2020 Target Talk: Make Your Plans for the National Championship
The National Sporting Clays Championship will be held as planned, October 17-25 at the National Shooting Complex. All shooting events will be held, and some social events will likely be changed or canceled to accommodate social distancing guidelines. The staff are evaluating the social activities and will announce any changes in the coming weeks. If you haven't registered, you can sign up today at Winscoreonline.com. Keep up with event information, find our hotel recommendations and cart options, and more on our National Championship page.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

When I was a child and when I had a child you could not enter school without a vaccination record. We all took them and no one that I know raised hell about it being an infringement on their rights. I've never traveled out of the country but it is my understanding that in order to enter some countries some inoculations are mandatory. Military is required to take innoculations to travel to war over seas and their shooting at your a$$.

I guess what I'm saying is that at some level the government has always been in some form involved in our lives. On the outside chance that wearing a mask or some kind of face shield would help and maybe save one of your loved ones lives, other than an inconvenience, I don't think we are giving up any more of our liberties than we have been doing for years.

I'm old with a wife in compromised health and a son fighting stage four cancer and if my wearing face protection gives them one extra day then I really don't consider it an infringement on my constitutional rights.

In no way or form do you have to agree with me. I've made I think fifteen nationals and if by some chance it's held this year I won't be attending. If you go I hope your experience is wonderful. Best time for a shotgun shooter period.

Thanks,
Snooky

Last edited by snooky on Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:14 pm 
Crown Grade

albanygun wrote:
From the July 24, 2020 Target Talk: Make Your Plans for the National Championship
The National Sporting Clays Championship will be held as planned, October 17-25 at the National Shooting Complex. All shooting events will be held, and some social events will likely be changed or canceled to accommodate social distancing guidelines. The staff are evaluating the social activities and will announce any changes in the coming weeks. If you haven't registered, you can sign up today at Winscoreonline.com. Keep up with event information, find our hotel recommendations and cart options, and more on our National Championship page.
It won't be up to them. If Texas puts something in place that prohibits the event they have no choice but cancel.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:36 am 
Crown Grade

^^^This

In areas experiencing rapidly increasing COVID morbidity, there is active discussion of returning to strict limits on public assembly (10-15 souls). If that were to happen in TX, either statewide or in Bexar(?) County, Nationals would probably be postponed until '21. I would not expect outright cancellation, as that might require NSCA to refund deposits.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:01 am 
Crown Grade

This is starting to sound like the arguments for and against mandatory seat belts way back when!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:27 am 
Limited Edition

Had a local county fair that was canceled this year. The reason that came out was the insurance company that they have told them if they go through with it they will drop them and that no other insurance company will pick them up in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:30 am 
Tournament Grade

E-mail this morning from NSCA, the Nationals will be held as scheduled.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:49 am 
Crown Grade

See Lt's post above.

If you want an informed opinion, wait two months, and ask the Bexar County Health Department.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:35 am 
Tournament Grade

mwr01 wrote:
See Lt's post above.

If you want an informed opinion, wait two months, and ask the Bexar County Health Department.

LT's post has absolutely nothing to do with the e-mail I got this morning. Has no bearing on what I or anyone else thinks, just showed up in my inbox this morning.

Have a great day,
Snooky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:13 am 
Crown Grade

I saw the Target Talk e-mail as well.

Clearly, NSCA plans (hopes?) to proceed with Nationals as scheduled. My point (and Lt's) was that the final decision may not be NSCA's to make. We simply do not know yet and probably won't until a couple of weeks ahead of time whether or not Nationals will happen as planned.