ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Will someone please explain CCFR?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Numbers on the members page.

Post subject: Re: Will someone please explain CCFR?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:35 pm 
Crown Grade

It’s your ‘national’ rank in your current classification. The lower the number, the higher your rank among fellow ‘classmates’ nationally.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:22 pm 
Presentation Grade

CCFR: The Current Class Finish Ratio (CCFR) is determined from the total finishes in ending class events divided by the total number of entries in ending class events for the current year.

look at your placement in an event IE: say 3rd out of 43. Your CCFR for that single event would be .0697 - meaning you were in the top 6.97 % of shooters that day. No add up all the events you shot so far this year - (your placement / total class competitors) and then you can see how you stack up against the people you have shot against in class.

Say that I have cumulatively placed 344 in my 2020 shoot year out of 1058 competitors in my class so far this year that I have shot against. My CCFR = 0.316 - so I'm shooting in about the top 1/3 of my class for the events I have shot at. You want your CCFR to be low. A high CCFR means you are consistently at the bottom of your class.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

That is the theory anyway, They have not updated the numbers in quite a long time.