ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: World Fitasc with only USA shooters?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:13 am 
Presentation Grade

With all the scare of a virus it's going to be interesting on international travel. If you were a foreigner would you be willing to quarantine before the FITASC event? Would you be willing to quarantine when you get back to your home country after traveling abroad.? Would FITASC hold the event with only shooters from the USA participating and no FITASC officials from France? Who knows where this madness will be in November Just some things to ponder

Post subject: Re: World Fitasc with only USA shooters?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:18 pm 
Presentation Grade

Lets assume it was being held in another country and I was coming back to TX after the shoot. I would absolutely still go, for a few reason. 1. I am not in a high risk group. 2. Nor is the rest of my family. 3. (this is the biggest) It is no big deal for both my wife and I to work from home.

Lastly, I just assume I will get it, I have been in contact with multiple people who have had it before or after my contact with them, same goes for the rest of the family.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:21 pm 
Limited Edition

Quote:
Lastly, I just assume I will get it, I have been in contact with multiple people who have had it before or after my contact with them, same goes for the rest of the family.

Best answer yet to every thread on Covid.
I agree 100%

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Without an effective vaccine, but with some lasting immunity among recovered individuals, we can expect widespread transmission until about 60% of the population has been infected. At that point, if COVID19 behaves like influenza, herd immunity should come into play. If COVID19 infection and recovery do not produce lasting immunity and absent an effective vaccine, widespread transmission can be expected to continue indefinitely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

Also, since I didn't address it in my first post, if I was the venue I would still try to host. I mean we should have enough judges in country to handle the reduced attendance, or just cap the attendance. I realize it won't count for points internationally or whatever but shooting good targets that don't count is always preferable to shooting no targets that don't count.

Anyone who has shot at the place hosting in Mississippi knows they play with a different budget than most places so reduced attendance would be an issue but they may not view it the same as other places.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:11 pm 
Diamond Grade

I would think any ‘title’ earned this year will have an asterisk next to it due to restricted travel and some folks simply unwilling to risk infection. I know I wouldn’t be willing to fly anywhere right now. Could be some of the better shots may feel similarly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:03 pm 
Limited Edition

It would be quite lame to even hold it without a world stage of shooters. I doubt many international shooters are going to want to attend with how poorly the US is handling the situation right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:59 pm 
Limited Edition

I doubt many Americans would want to attend a world shoot in Europe even though they are handling it so well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:15 pm 
Presentation Grade

And just how would you handle it Johnny Rocket ??? I'm sure you have all the answers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:37 am 
Presentation Grade

JonnyRocket wrote:
It would be quite lame to even hold it without a world stage of shooters. I doubt many international shooters are going to want to attend with how poorly the US is handling the situation right now.

Actually the U.S. would have any foreigners into the country quarantined. Any U.S. citizens coming from abroad are having to quarantine. Our business has a constant flow of people from other countries here every day. These visitors are not coming now because of quarantine issues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:59 pm 
Limited Edition

FITASC is so yesterday, AFS is where it’s at now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

2020 has been and will be a turbulent year, and 2021 isn't going to be any different. We continue to sail in uncharted, unknown waters. I won't be too surprised if they call it off entirely. Not even considering the NSCA Nationals are 2 weeks before and most US shooter are shot out and spent out, November is well past most shooters' interest point.

Foreign shooters may be almost non-existent participants, and those US shooters who aren't within an 8-10 hour drive will be very hesitant to fly in. The election will be over and, hopefully, President Trump will remain in office, but the uncertainty leading up to the election will have a detrimental effect on participation. It's a long ways off, we'll see what happens...Trump 2020.

Last edited by GoldenEagle on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

DKW1 wrote:
FITASC is so yesterday, AFS is where it’s at now.

Correct. The French, along with their inflated fees, can suck it. If they hadn't been so greedy in the first place, the AFS idea might not even have been spawned. They should have known they risked awakening the sleeping giant. (the US, not Brett S.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:24 am 
Limited Edition

Is it too late to change it to the AFS World Championships??? Kind of like the World Series...

After watching some of the KBO the last 2 months, we should let some of those teams into the World Series, especially the teams with cheerleaders...

I think most of the world thinks the US is only New York & LA. Might be surprised folks from the plains or Rockies actually can get on a plane and travel. I suspect the transmission rates are much lower in these areas?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

World fitasc, without the world attending, is not a worlds fitasc.

Call it, North American Fitasc.

United States AFS....if its ran. Sounds like a plan. Personally, I like that idea. In a time where the NBA is in a bubble, college football about shut down, DH in the National league, 60 game season, no fans in the stands, runner on second for extra innings.......AFS has met the door of opportunity.

The crux of a World Fitasc, is shooting against the best shooters world wide. Not there? Not a Worlds.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:05 pm 
Crown Grade

Until AFS takes off EVERYWHERE, I'll stick with FITASC and Super over English when I have a choice

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:19 am 
Crown Grade

My money is still on the postponed World FITASC being held in November at Providence Hill as advertised. If there is a reduced number of foreign and/or domestic attendees, so be it. The targets and the venue will still be awesome!

Really looking forward to this one.

Demi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 am 
Crown Grade

I read the rules to AFS and it seems to be someones " wet dream ". Way more rules and trouble. FITASC is just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 am 
Presentation Grade

bladesmith wrote:
I read the rules to AFS and it seems to be someones " wet dream ". Way more rules and trouble. FITASC is just fine.

Try shooting it before dismissing it. I love FITASC but I found AFS to have many of the same qualities ... some of its differences are also appealing. I happened to like seeing only one show bird, and shooting all of your singles and doubles before rotating speeds the game up immensely.

I found the rules to be rather straightforward. The only complicating factor is the fact that there are four formats.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:40 pm 
Diamond Grade

Hmm...i'll try most anything once (notable exceptions being cauliflower, gay sex and voting democrat) but i really like the singles, switch, then back for doubles rotation of fitasc. as a lesser shooter it gives me an opportunity to see how it SHOULD be done.

Any good videos online showing AFS ?