ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: what can we do to support lower class registered shooter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

sera pretty much nailed it and all the NSCA basically does is collect target fee's and keep records. You'll need to talk with your local club/s about what you would like to see as far as helping new shooters and Registered shoots.

And the number of clubs that have the acerage and all the extra machines needed plus labor to set several different skill level courses is pretty small in number. Your idea is a very GOOD one and has lots of merit {hs# Good luck and good shooting to you :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:45 pm 
Field Grade

As a new shooter in the NSCA what really dictates the Regional entry costs? The club? I’m local to Houston so the South Central is here and the 200 Bird Main is $279 by itself. The club has a lot of costs for such large events I’m sure.

The normal $65-$75 shoots don’t bother me really since my normal weekly practice cost is roughly $60. I do struggle to spend that money on SYO events but I go for the target presentations for practice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:54 pm 
Crown Grade

SeTex wrote:
As a new shooter in the NSCA what really dictates the Regional entry costs? The club? I’m local to Houston so the South Central is here and the 200 Bird Main is $279 by itself. The club has a lot of costs for such large events I’m sure.

The normal $65-$75 shoots don’t bother me really since my normal weekly practice cost is roughly $60. I do struggle to spend that money on SYO events but I go for the target presentations for practice.

Shoot costs are set by the host club

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:22 pm 
Crown Grade

Regional shoots are set with bids from interested clubs. I think the entry fees determined by the club, are just one part of the decision process NSCA uses to determine who gets the Regional shoot.
The number of entries and events has shot up for Regional shoots in the last few years and that limits the number of clubs that can even host a shoot of this size.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15