ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heads-Up on a New Scoring System - Score Chaser
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:27 pm 
Crown Grade

If you haven't already seen Score Chaser, the newest scoring site, you will soon. Casey Chase has been managing tournaments for years and has now created her own site that, in a word, is awesome! https://scorechaser.com/

Score Chaser leaves Winscore, ScoringPro, iClays and the others in the dust! With many powerful features that the others never had, coupled with Casey's knowledge of the industry and adeptness at the keyboard, I predict this will quickly become the new standard for sporting clays tournaments (registered and otherwise).

On a personal note, Casey has bailed me out on many awkward scheduling, squadding and other problems at some of the tournaments we have attended. She is totally focused on providing a positive and enjoyable shoot for all attendees. Her new venture embodies what she displays at the shoots...only the best!

Check it out and get yourself registered. BTW, Registration is one of the safety features that prevents problems and/or unauthorized access to your information that the others don't have.

Demi

Post subject: Re: Heads-Up on a New Scoring System - Score Chaser
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:34 pm 
Crown Grade

It is a good program but do you know if it is all online or do you have to have software installed in your computer?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

albanygun wrote:
It is a good program but do you know if it is all online or do you have to have software installed in your computer?

Pretty sure all online

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It's online: http://www.scorechaser.com

Note that if you just Google "scorechaser" you may get a music website ;)

Casey did a phenomenal job -- great UI and obviously built for both shooters AND club owners.

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:59 pm 
Crown Grade

What are the main advantages over Scoring Pro, Winscore and IClays?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:02 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
What are the main advantages over Scoring Pro, Winscore and IClays?

I dunno, but if Casey and crew are behind it, that’s good enough in my book.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 pm 
Presentation Grade

Well it may be the GREATEST thing in scoring but we already have 3 sites that do similar jobs!

We, Shooters and clubs, need ONE that everyone uses at a price we can all afford. IMHO

Really hard to go to all the sites to find shoots and shooters!

pk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:36 pm 
Limited Edition

PKW-Indiana wrote:
Well it may be the GREATEST thing in scoring but we already have 3 sites that do similar jobs!

We, Shooters and clubs, need ONE that everyone uses at a price we can all afford. IMHO

pk

I prefer that they compete. Keeps fees down and everyone honest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

I am glad that someone developed a system in the modern era. It seems that IClays and FITASC were developed when punch cards and microfiche were used.

It would be beneficial if there was only one that integrated them all.

I registered.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Only one club I used to shoot at used IClays and they are closed. Every other club either uses Winscore or Scoring Pro - and the ones using Scoring Pro migrated from Winscore; so, what is the advantage of migrating once again to a different program?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Oneounceload, a lot depends on the ability of the club workers to use these systems. If it is too complicated, they are going to switch to find an easier program/app to work with.
I scan them all daily to see if our Georgia clubs have opened up registration so I can put a link up on our web site. Each app has good and bad points. I like Winscore because it notifies me when a new shoot opens up in the Southeast. I like ScoringPro because it breaks down punches, prizes, and does Lewis class.
Iclays is getting long in the tooth and needs to be updated but several clubs are still using it I suppose because they know how it works and don't want to take the time to learn a new app.
I think ScoringPro is an online shoot so you don't have to load software in your computer. That also allows several people to be entering scores at the same time.
Another basic program is ClayRank and some clubs are using their own Excel system to keep track of results. No pre-registration with Excel so far.
So I guess it is a matter of choice. NSCA is working on some type of registration app so we will see how that works out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:02 pm 
Crown Grade

I know you do; I get your newsletter - and BTW for EVERYONE out there, the GSCA and John do an awesome job of reporting on EVERY shoot, not just registered ones, updating us on all things sporting in GA. including new members, life members, and other news of great interest.
it is a shame other states do not do the same...............

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks, Oneounceload, for those kind words. Albanygun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:24 pm 
Crown Grade

No thanks needed; your newsletter should be a beacon for others to follow; I tried to get Rollins to do something similar for FL but it never materialized

Quote:
Upcoming NSCA Shoots
Registered shoots this weekend at Beretta Shooting Grounds, Big Red Oak, Meadows and Cherokee Rose

Talk around GSCA

GSCA Club adding Helice

2019 Iron Man

How many different state Champs in 31 Years

Milestones and NSCA Life members
Click to read all the stories on the online GSCA Newsletter!

Click on the Facebook logo to visit the GSCA Facebook Page

For those watching, this is the cover page in his email that I get every week

John, I appreciate the effort and time you and everyone with the GSCA puts in to keep us informed

(On a big side drift, is the Albany August shoot still a go?) and if so, how do I preregister?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:10 pm 
Crown Grade

Don't know if the August shoot at Flint is on. I haven't been out there in a while, actually haven't been out of the house much because of this virus. Typically, they will open registration about a week in advance of the shoot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:35 pm 
Crown Grade

mdlott wrote:
PKW-Indiana wrote:

pk

I prefer that they compete. Keeps fees down and everyone honest.

Agree: Competition is the American Way...AKA: Free Enterprise.

BTW, Score Chaser prices (for shooters and clubs) start at Free. Hard to argue with that!

Demi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:48 pm 
Crown Grade

If you are looking for shoots and are in a hurry, go to the NSCA site and it will have a list of registered shoots by state. Pick out the shoot you are interested in and go to that state's web site. Most state associations have a list of either/or the clubs web site or a link to the shoot's registration.
Georgia's schedule for the year and some 2021 shoots are at http://www.ga-sportingclays.org/gscaschedule.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:06 am 
Tournament Grade

Its always good to see some competition. Keeps everyone working towards better products.

Winscore is ok.

Iclays is (IMHO) horrific. Not very user friendly at all and in severe need of an update.

This might be a good alternative.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:29 am 
Crown Grade

Casey does a great job. I'm sure she has a good system. Like all these services, it almost always comes down to support when the club has a problem and needs tech help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:52 am 
Crown Grade

On an additional note about Score Chaser, Casey mentioned that she is planning on introducing electronic scoring to the program in the future... No details yet as to whether it will be through an app or live scoring at the stations, etc. but it sounds interesting.

Brad, you better dust off your iPad for this one!

Demi