ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:05 am 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:44 pm
Posts: 335
drawdc wrote:
The Swanny wrote:
I don’t have a horse in this race. And I am usually not this easy on a person. I guess it is possible that the scorer erased and changed the score. Would be nice to know all the info before forming an opinion one way or another. We will never know I suspect.


No decision for Shoot management is more difficult than disqualifying a shooter for cheating. No club has a finer reputation than Northbrook. They disqualified a well known shooter at last year’s World English and his scores were expunged. Whatever decisions or actions were taken by the NSCA, CSPA or anyone else have not changed that fact. It isn’t just possible, it is a reality. Those are facts. What else do you need to know? Do you think Shoot management at Northbrook disqualified him without sufficient proof? That’s just being in denial.


I am not in denial. I just don't like to use conjecture, guesstimating, emotion in making a call on this like you do. Northbrook is not the court and jury in everything and what happened at NSCA we will never know. That is what I am basing my decision on......not knowing all the facts. You don't do that and that is fine for you. Just don't project that idiocy on me.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:15 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:08 pm
Posts: 2570
The Swanny wrote:
drawdc wrote:
The Swanny wrote:
I don’t have a horse in this race. And I am usually not this easy on a person. I guess it is possible that the scorer erased and changed the score. Would be nice to know all the info before forming an opinion one way or another. We will never know I suspect.


No decision for Shoot management is more difficult than disqualifying a shooter for cheating. No club has a finer reputation than Northbrook. They disqualified a well known shooter at last year’s World English and his scores were expunged. Whatever decisions or actions were taken by the NSCA, CSPA or anyone else have not changed that fact. It isn’t just possible, it is a reality. Those are facts. What else do you need to know? Do you think Shoot management at Northbrook disqualified him without sufficient proof? That’s just being in denial.


I am not in denial. I just don't like to use conjecture, guesstimating, emotion in making a call on this like you do. Northbrook is not the court and jury in everything and what happened at NSCA we will never know. That is what I am basing my decision on......not knowing all the facts. You don't do that and that is fine for you. Just don't project that idiocy on me.


I simply can't understand why you guys think he was disqualified if it wasn't for cheating? Eating too many granola bars and having horrid tattoos?
I have a different opinion of where the idiocy lays.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:28 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:44 pm
Posts: 335
drawdc wrote:

I simply can't understand why you guys think he was disqualified if it wasn't for cheating? Eating too many granola bars and having horrid tattoos?
I have a different opinion of where the idiocy lays.


Again, you are coming to your conclusion from assumptions and I am mine waiting on all the info which we will never see. Just I don't judge if we don't agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:18 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:37 pm
Posts: 14
I think the NDA shows no evidence. The fact he’s competing all over the world shows acceptance I got one over 12 months on. Think we move on and use his wealth of knowledge to improve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:51 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5533
The NDA shows that neither side had any interest in pursuing the matter any further. Most likely for financial considerations and the weakness of the case. Everyone wanted everything to go away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:53 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:08 pm
Posts: 2570
The Swanny wrote:
drawdc wrote:

I simply can't understand why you guys think he was disqualified if it wasn't for cheating? Eating too many granola bars and having horrid tattoos?
I have a different opinion of where the idiocy lays.


Again, you are coming to your conclusion from assumptions and I am mine waiting on all the info which we will never see. Just I don't judge if we don't agree.


Fair enough. You were the one who accused me of idiocy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am
Posts: 1264
lt0026 wrote:
The NDA shows that neither side had any interest in pursuing the matter any further. Most likely for financial considerations and the weakness of the case. Everyone wanted everything to go away.



if i got nothin' to hide i'm shouting it from the rooftops. and i sure as hell am not going to stand for a DQ and being expelled from assorted organizations.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5533
birdhunter39 wrote:
lt0026 wrote:
The NDA shows that neither side had any interest in pursuing the matter any further. Most likely for financial considerations and the weakness of the case. Everyone wanted everything to go away.



if i got nothin' to hide i'm shouting it from the rooftops. and i sure as hell am not going to stand for a DQ and being expelled from assorted organizations.

You ain't the one involved and you probably don't know the particulars. I'm sure he followed the advice that his attorneys provided. And he did have attorneys. And the NSSA has a long history of avoiding legal fees and litigation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm
Posts: 293
Location: Kentucky
Is there evidence of an NDA? Or are you jumping to a conclusion that there is one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:10 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5533
Denver1911 wrote:
Is there evidence of an NDA? Or are you jumping to a conclusion that there is one?

Read this link. The NSCA does not discuss any disciplinary action. http://nsca.nssa-nsca.org/2019/10/09/up ... on-action/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:49 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm
Posts: 293
Location: Kentucky
That’s no more evidence of the existence of an NDA being signed by both parties than there is evidence of him cheating.

Evidence of an NDA being signed by both parties:
NSCA tells us they have investigated the incident and feel they have taken appropriate action
Neither party says another word about it.

Evidence of cheating:
Eyewitness reports cheating
Club investigates it
Club DQs shooter
NSCA investigates it
Shooter is no longer member of NSCA
Shooter does not publicly deny it
NSCA investigates it and says nothing.

Ya’ll think what you want. I think what I want. Despite there being no evidence of either, I think there is a high liklihood of both cheating and an NDA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:40 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5533
NDA's are a way of limiting exposure to future litigation. They also are used to stop public knowledge of a settlement, even if money isn't involved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:45 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5732
WFC? The subject is his value as someone we could learn a thing or two from.....which I’m sure he has much.

But if I’m forking over a nickel for any ‘tips’, any and Nicole’s if mine are going to the many very fine shooters, who have long and distinguished histories of outstanding behavior on the course. Too many elite level shooters, with elite level manners and reputations to spend my money with.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:27 am 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:56 pm
Posts: 619
Rooster booster wrote:
WFC? The subject is his value as someone we could learn a thing or two from.....which I’m sure he has much.

But if I’m forking over a nickel for any ‘tips’, any and Nicole’s if mine are going to the many very fine shooters, who have long and distinguished histories of outstanding behavior on the course. Too many elite level shooters, with elite level manners and reputations to spend my money with.


Exactly. Class of 78 (Ben) just using the board to drum up business. Wish Curly would remove this thread. I’ll get my tips from Anthony, Zach, Wendell, Bill, David, and on and on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:36 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm
Posts: 293
Location: Kentucky
lt0026 wrote:
NDA's are a way of limiting exposure to future litigation. They also are used to stop public knowledge of a settlement, even if money isn't involved.


Correct. And ???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:42 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5533
NDA's usually contain a clause that neither party admits wrong doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:31 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:00 am
Posts: 2066
Boomhand ,
Hear , Hear , You got that 100% correct .
End of , Thank You all and Goodnight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm
Posts: 293
Location: Kentucky
So there is no evidence of an NDA in existence .. yet you claim there is one ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:19 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5533
The NSCA has a policy that they don't release any info on any disciplinary action. What don't you understand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm
Posts: 293
Location: Kentucky
What I don’t understand is why some continue to claim that we shouldn’t draw the conclusion that there was cheating since there was no hard factual evidence, yet they admit to drawing other conclusions based on observations without there being any evidence.




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 20grouse, att, Auldthymer, biblethumpncop, Bing [Bot], Bladeswitcher, bluegrassZ71, casonet, chrcall, CJWinOR, Colt99, cowpoke, Dealman, desmobob, dubob, Dward, Ed Usinowicz, Elmer Fudd, Ernest T, floridaford, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, gthudspeth, Hal4son, Half Dog, harleyd1911, headhunter68, HoosierHunter07, ithacanut, JacksBack, Jaspo01, JonnyD3487, jwf1948, Kannoncocker, Keperkey, komatsu, leftex, lossking, lt0026, McFarmer, mddan, Mike McAlpine, morgaj1, nkhrfh, ohio mike, oldtechshooter, painter*, Peter45, pjmx, polla1983, popcorn09, Rack-N-Roy, rbdjr, rickeroo, Road Man, saskbooknut, seb7515, SeTex, shacked, shotgunmanny, skar, skeet1958, Starstorm, SteveWilliams, Tidefanatic, Tokamecotom, valencman


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice