ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:37 am 
Crown Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
It's a shame Benny didn't use better judgement at the Worlds, as his instruction and videos themselves are both really good.

No excuses here.

Just the facts.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:41 am 
Crown Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
drawdc wrote:

The message I'm seeing from a lot of you is it is okay to cheat if you make good videos, you won't be held accountable. You are making up excuses for him since you like his instruction. If a professional golfer was caught like this, he wouldn't be able to give lessons at a Putt-Putt.

Take a look at my post again:

Quote:
I’ve never met Benny, but I have seen almost all of his videos. I’ve also read a lot about him, and it sure seems he’s got that “bad boy” attitude and brand.

His shooting and instructional program sure isn’t for everyone. But his own shooting speaks for itself. He is extremely good. His methods aren’t for everyone, but they do work. But I too, along with others here, do like to employ maintained lead (no better way for me to shoot a longish rabbit) on some targets.

But being pretty much a pull away shooter, I believe there would be value in a lesson with Benny.

Again, it’s sure a shame that he did whatever he did at the Worlds. He really shot himself in the foot with that one.

How does that equate to "The message I'm seeing from a lot of you is it is okay to cheat if you make good videos, you won't be held accountable. You are making up excuses for him since you like his instruction."

The facts are that he's a world class shooter, and makes great videos. But, he did himself wrong by whatever he did at the Worlds, and he deserves to live with whatever problems that caused.

No excuses, just the facts of the matter.

I said a LOT of you. I wasn't referring to you specifically.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:00 am 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:

I said a LOT of you. I wasn't referring to you specifically.

OK, I'm glad we have that straight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:09 pm 
Field Grade

What happened with Annabelle?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:52 pm 
Limited Edition

Life of Riley wrote:
What happened with Annabelle?

This. What did Annabelle do?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:04 pm 
Utility Grade

As you guys wish. But waking up to this in my inbox he certainly explains things better than anything I have seen online.

https://youtu.be/axKQeSrHjU4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

This sport has so many great shooters, many of which are also great teachers, and also have long track records of terrific ethics. Why it is even worth discussing anyone lacking in any of these three qualities???
Why not support the many people who uplift the sport and make it better???

May the wind blow softly on your face during all your travels and never blow so hard as to rip your hair out in big clumps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:27 am 
Field Grade

Husthwaite's CPSA suspension will most likely be temporary and he will eventually be back on the circuit...
Or do some know it is permanent????

If temporary and he paid the price for his indiscretion, and again is a member in good standing...how many will then be willing to forgive and go on....Knowing that "Bennie", is not taking any money or trophies from most of us.

Bennie???? Sounds like some here and him are best buds.....

Scorers are harassed for targets, which is cheating, in every big tournament...and even the small ones...by others in all the classes....and most of us have seen it and said nothing. Seems to me some of the holier than thous are not willing to stand up for their principles re cheating....

I've seen it go on in a World shoot and at various times at our National...None said a word that I know of. One time I did mention to a trapper, they were using young Marines, that he was being taken advantage of....

Addition: Cheating in other ways goes on at every big tournament...and under the current system of refereeing it is part of the game....It happens in all the classes....Good chance Husthwaite only got caught because there were more eyes on him....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:34 am 
Limited Edition

Battue0626 wrote:
Husthwaite's CPSA suspension will most likely be temporary and he will eventually be back on the circuit...
Or do some know it is permanent????

If temporary and he paid the price for his indiscretion, and again is a member in good standing...how many will then be willing to forgive and go on....Knowing that "Bennie", is not taking any money or trophies from most of us.

Bennie???? Sounds like some here and him are best buds.....

Scorers are harassed for targets, which is cheating, in every big tournament...and even the small ones...by others in all the classes....and most of us have seen it and said nothing. Seems to me some of the holier than thous are not willing to stand up for their principles re cheating....

I've seen it go on in a World shoot and at various times at our National...None said a word that I know of. One time I did mention to a trapper, they were using young Marines, that he was being taken advantage of....

Addition: Cheating in other ways goes on at every big tournament...and under the current system of refereeing it is part of the game....It happens in all the classes....Good chance Husthwaite only got caught because there were more eyes on him....

I've seen lazy, young or incompetent trappers plainly miss clearly hit birds. To the point that most, if not all members of the squad have to correct them.

I do agree that berating a trapper for a "/" is in poor form, if the bird wasn't hit. Normally, the squad is consulted for their opinion and it is hashed out there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:49 am 
Field Grade

I know how it works and understand sometimes the why. I really wish that wasn’t the case and I also know in the long run the refs make more errors in my favor than against...something most are willing to ignore.

This is the only money sport where the players get to overrule the referees....

“Ref the players voted that wasn’t holding. Please place the ball back on the 42....”

Combined with the fact some cheaters do their best to squad with others who are willing to do the same.

Addition: Even Kids in high school don’t get to overrule the ref.... yet grown men in sporting do on a regular basis.

Addition2: Food for thought.... In other sanctioned sports, only the refs can overrule the refs...Never the players.

Addition 3: Main point is Hursthwaite got caught and some squak....yet those who shoot on a regular basis see it happen often in other ways....and say nothing....Hell they cheat in pro racing, pro football, pro baseball..There has recently been examples of it happening in all three...Given a chance there are those who will also do so in sporting...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:42 am 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:
I know how it works and understand sometimes the why. I really wish that wasn’t the case and I also know in the long run the refs make more errors in my favor than against...something most are willing to ignore.

“Ref the players voted that wasn’t holding. Please place the ball back on the 42....”

Combined with the fact some cheaters do their best to squad with others who are willing to do the same.

Addition: Even Kids in high school don’t get to overrule the ref.... yet grown men in sporting do on a regular basis.

Addition2: Food for thought.... In other sanctioned sports, only the refs can overrule the refs...Never the players.

Addition 3: Main point is Hursthwaite got caught and some squak....yet those who shoot on a regular basis see it happen often in other ways....and say nothing....Hell they cheat in pro racing, pro football, pro baseball..There has recently been examples of it happening in all three...Given a chance there are those who will also do so in sporting...

The old everyone is doing it excuse! Sounds like a 7 year old. It shouldn't matter why he got caught, he got caught.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:59 am 
Crown Grade

I strongly suggest those critical of trappers sit out in the weather for days and stare at thousands of targets and get it right every time. And on top of that throw targets, score cards and maintain a master sheet. All while dealing with grumpy people having a bad day shooting. Give it a try. And the compensation ain't all that great. Because shooters are cheap and don't want to pay for real refs like FITASC.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:04 pm 
Field Grade

Is there any difference from chip begging vs. erasing and changing your score on the sheet and reading off the higher score to the trapper to record on the Master Sheet?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:17 pm 
Field Grade

drawdc wrote:
Battue0626 wrote:

The old everyone is doing it excuse! Sounds like a 7 year old. It shouldn't matter why he got caught, he got caught.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:24 pm 
Field Grade

Battue0626 wrote:
drawdc wrote:
Battue0626 wrote:

The old everyone is doing it excuse! Sounds like a
7 year old. It shouldn't matter why he got caught, he got caught.

An entire Major League Baseball team was recently caught stealing signs in the World Series. None of the “players” lost their job or ring. It’s a big nasty world out there when the big boys/girls play for the marbles. No place for 7 year olds wishing things were different.

Agree on the comments on how hard it is being a SC ref.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:40 pm 
Crown Grade

Kyler Hamann wrote:
This sport has so many great shooters, many of which are also great teachers, and also have long track records of terrific ethics. Why it is even worth discussing anyone lacking in any of these three qualities???
Why not support the many people who uplift the sport and make it better???

This!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:49 pm 
Crown Grade

The US has had it's share of bad boys and girls. Many of which are shooting or eligible to shoot NSCA targets today.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:18 pm 
Crown Grade

An entire Major League Baseball team was recently caught stealing signs in the World Series. None of the “players” lost their job or ring. It’s a big nasty world out there when the big boys/girls play for the marbles. No place for 7 year olds wishing things were different.

Agree on the comments on how hard it is being a SC ref.[/quote]

You make my point for me. They weren't the only ones doing it, but the Manager and the General Manager both got fired. The Bench coach that became the Manager in Boston got fired and the main player involved got fired by the Mets before he every coached a game. They are now the most hated team in baseball. Ben should be treated the same way.

When you watch his videos he can show hits (views) and use those numbers to help sell advertising on his site. Whether you like it are not, you are saying it was okay for him to cheat. We would all be better off supporting someone like Gebben Miles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:23 pm 
Field Grade

When the players who play the game are still playing, it was far from making your point. Especially when they also kept the ring. Hate them if any want, but they are still in the game and as players were not penalized. Ben was....what more would you like? You may want him banned, tarred, made to get down on his knee and beg forgiveness from the SC powers that be. You are going to be wanting for a long time, and he will be back.

Nor did I say it was OK or that I liked it. I did say cheating goes on in SC’s in all classes and is far from rare in sports.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Any time you have people competing against one another you will have those that cheat. It's human nature for some people. No matter what game or sport. And if you have a weak sanctioning body it only gets worse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next