ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: A better way to refer to Shooters in A, B, C, D, or E Cl
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:43 am 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:
I agree, but the way some wrote one could think there was a movement about....shooters carrying signs-“Down with D class..D class shooters feelings matter”-

I hope not....that stuff can quickly get out of hand.

Oh my goodness.......

This was brought about from the thread about “how to make things better for lower class shooters”. Someone mentioned that we could start out by not referring to them as “lower class”.

I thought that made a lot of sense.

Then, some guys like yourself take this way further than it was ever meant to be. I’m hardly a PC guy myself. Just the opposite. Ask guys here that know me personally.

But, since you seem to have nothing better to do than look for scabs to pick, you might find me where anyone wrote about this “movement” you referred to.

This whole thing was just idea about how to make things more comfortable for shooters in Classes A through E, particularly C, D, and E. And not all this crap you’re bringing up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:47 am 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:
Most likely they were serious....one of our current first world problems is we have an over abundance of concerned feelers people. That have been indoctrinated to it.

What a joke.

The more I think about it, the “lower class” label fits you like a glove. How’s that for being politically correct?

Last edited by Mule Driver on Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:55 am 
Crown Grade

birdhunter39 wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:

My question had nothing to do with any of that. It's simply about doing the right thing to make new shooters feel more comfortable. Being referred to as a "lower class shooter" doesn't seem like the best way to go about class identification.

I don’t think anyone gives a sh*t.

Honestly thought this thread was a gag when I saw that title. Now it appears to be a psych class project to show how someone can present a bogus premise and get otherwise smart people to not only accept it but also argue about it.

No gag at all. Just a thought about what might make newer shooters getting started be more comfortable. No banner waving or movement like the Battue626 guy above dreamed up.

This isn’t a big problem, until a couple of guys like you made it into something it was never intended to be. Trying getting a life while you’re on your don’t give a sh!t bandwagon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:10 am 
Diamond Grade

Sorry mule but I think battue is on point with his comment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:16 am 
Crown Grade

No question we have too much PC stuff being shoved down our throats in today’s world.

But this isn’t about being PC. Rather, it’s seems nothing more than common sense about a comment on how to make things more comfortable for new shooters and get them more involved.

Where’s all the “movement” and “sign making” he’s talking about?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:52 am 
Crown Grade

Who cares. 40% total of all the shooters in AA thru E out shoot many shooters in M class. Class doesn't matter. Scores matter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:10 am 
Crown Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
No question we have too much PC stuff being shoved down our throats in today’s world.

But this isn’t about being PC. Rather, it’s seems nothing more than common sense about a comment on how to make things more comfortable for new shooters and get them more involved.

Where’s all the “movement” and “sign making” he’s talking about?

How about pairing up new/first time shooters with experienced (not necessarily M class) shooters who can offer some advice IF ASKED, can point out the nuances of the club, and help make them feel welcome, period? Where I live now, I do not have the group I used to shoot with regularly for almost 15 years any more so I show up and tell the manager to hook me up if he can. Being a long time shooter, that is not intimidating to me; but that same scenario to a new shooter might add a level of anxiety or nervousness that a friendly smile/handshake and an offer to "come shoot with us" might help.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

Last edited by oneounceload on Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:57 pm 
Field Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
Battue0626 wrote:
I agree, but the way some wrote one could think there was a movement about....shooters carrying signs-“Down with D class..D class shooters feelings matter”-

Oh my goodness.......

This was brought about from the thread about “how to make things better for lower class shooters”. Someone mentioned that we could start out by not referring to them as “lower class”.

Then, some guys like yourself take this way further than it was ever meant to be. I’m hardly a PC guy myself. Just the opposite. Ask guys here that know me personally.

But, since you seem to have nothing better to do than look for scabs to pick, you might find me where anyone wrote about this “movement” you referred to.

This whole thing was just idea about how to make things more comfortable for shooters in Classes A through E, particularly C, D, and E. And not all this crap you’re bringing up.

Sarcasm as it relates to current events obviously escapes you. However, carry on with your feel good campaign.

Just shot a shoot where out of 103 shooters, none in A,B,C or D shot in the 70’s, 6 total made it into the 70’s, 2 got in the 80’s.

I heard less complaints-in fact there were none-than you just wrote in your last couple posts.
And after it was over many of the classes mingled over food and drinks. Nor did it seem any of us lower class participants were offend in any way. Before, during or after.

However, carry on if you must and always be on the lookout for the next windmill.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:05 pm 
Crown Grade

“EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!”

-Jackie Moon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:24 pm 
Field Grade

“Feelings, nothing more than feelings”

Barbara Streisand

“Come on people now, smile on your brother”

The Youngblood’s.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:
Mule Driver wrote:
Battue0626 wrote:

Oh my goodness.......

Sarcasm as it relates to current events obviously escapes you. However, carry on with your feel good campaign.

Just shot a shoot where out of 103 shooters, none in A,B,C or D shot in the 70’s, 6 total made it into the 70’s, 2 got in the 80’s.

I heard less complaints-in fact there were none-than you just wrote in your last couple posts.
And after it was over many of the classes mingled over food and drinks. Nor did it seem any of us lower class participants were offend in any way. Before, during or after.

However, carry on if you must and always be on the lookout for the next windmill.

Still, no Quotes or sign of the stuff you mentioned earlier. Not surprising.

It’s always interesting to see that when trolls like yourself pop-off, then get their panties in a twist when someone returns fire.

Yup, I saw no class warfare at the shoot I was at yesterday, which was won by our own bdog58 with a sizzling 93 on a pretty tough layout. This is basically an internet thing.

But, shooters in Classes A, B, C, D, and E read this stuff too. I would image that being referred to as “lower class” doesn’t set well with most of ‘um. Just a guess.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:50 pm 
Presentation Grade

Nice shooting bdog58!!

Cylinder chokes and 9's

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:03 pm 
Field Grade

You won’t find any quotes, and it looks like you can’t find the sarcasm either..

Anyway, your return fire is weak, but your guessing still remains Master class. Get it????

Addition: I’m out, but will be watching for your next post on how to make sporting clays more socially inclusive. Should be a hooooot!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

As long as there is a Master Class I’m leaning towards the Oafs and Serfs class for us less talented shooters.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:45 pm 
Crown Grade

fatguywithafirearm wrote:
As long as there is a Master Class I’m leaning towards the Oafs and Serfs class for us less talented shooters.

maybe : "Wanna Bees"; "Has Beens"; and "Never Will Bees"

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:00 pm 
Crown Grade

fatguywithafirearm wrote:

I like it. {hs#

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:02 pm 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:
You won’t find any quotes, and it looks like you can’t find the sarcasm either..

Anyway, your return fire is weak, but your guessing still remains Master class. Get it????

Addition: I’m out, but will be watching for your next post on how to make sporting clays more socially inclusive. Should be a hooooot!!!!

Seems like you are making some pretty poor excuses for popping off and then can’t back it up. That’s not sarcasm on your part. Just a lack of integrity.

My return put you in your place and reveal what a true phoney you are.

Get it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:43 am 
Tournament Grade

polywad6963 wrote:
No offence was taken at all from your post. I am in the Phoenix area, shooting season from October until May. Number of shooters in the class isn't the issue, the issue is needing 90s in D class when they must have an idea how they shoot! Known ability has to be raised, even if it is their first 100 targets, when you are in a race for HOA, a note should be sent to NSCA or something stating that this person is not at all reflecting the class that they are in. I am only 36 and took me 4 years to punch out of E class due to this reason, and when I get to D, all new members are put in D. I know some people only shoot the local smaller shoots as they are big fish, don't shoot regionals as the ego or whatever get hurt. I know that i will shoot 50s at a regional and also know 60 may win it and not a 188 for a main shooter in D.

Just out of curiosity, how much time and money have you invested in lessons with a good coach? How many clubs do you shoot tournaments at? Just your local club?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:44 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:06 am 
Field Grade

Anyone can be Master class these days anyway. People just hit up all the -Throw your own- NSCA events & count wads as chips... eventually they get enough punches.

As a D class shooter I don't take much offense to being in a 'lower' class. I'm earning my punches & putting in my time. IMO no matter how we set up 'classes' someone will always likely feel less.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next