ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: A better way to refer to Shooters in A, B, C, D, or E Cl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:41 pm 
Crown Grade

What is your problem battue?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:11 pm 
Limited Edition

oneounceload wrote:

It appears to be tit for tat. He was attacked verbally, and is returning the favor, best I can tell. Am I wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:20 pm 
Field Grade

oneounceload wrote:
\

This doesn't even register on the problem scale.....

If there is a problem, then it would be the change I see in how people interact. Came from a mill town. Serbians, Italians, Croatians, Germans, a few Blacks mostly White. Mostly Catholic, but some Methodists, Presbyterians, Lutherns, etc. But we all got along and if you couldn't take some good kidding then you probably had a real problem.

Everyone had their own club. The Italian club was commonly known as the Dago club, the Serbian the Hunkie club...

The Hunkies called the Italians Dagos, the Dagos returned the favor. The Germans were Crouts. The Catholics were the micks and the rest of us Presbyterian Scotch/Irish just fit in.

We played sports together, went to funerals together, ran the streets and woods together. None took offense as long as the fun wasn't derogatory...And if it was then it was on....But then it was over.

Today thinking someone should be offended because the NSCA or clubs classify them as B,C D, etc. only shows how far down the PC hole we have fallen..

PC has born its fruit in places like Seattle, Portland, Chicago, etc..

That's the problem....

Last edited by Battue0626 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

Before I entered my first tournament at our club, one of the locals asked me what class I was in. Before I could answer, one of the other hooligans said, "he ain't got no class". Now, you can't get any lower than "no-class". They didn't seem to care about my feelings at all. Didn't bother me a lick. I pretty much think some of you are making much ado about nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:
oneounceload wrote:
\

This doesn't even register on the problem scale.....

If there is a problem, then it would be the change I see in how people interact. Came from a mill town. Serbians, Italians, Croatians, Germans, a few Blacks mostly White. Mostly Catholic, but some Methodists, Presbyterians, Lutherns, etc. But we all got along and if you couldn't take some good kidding then you probably had a real problem.

Everyone had their own club. The Italian club was commonly known as the Dago club, the Serbian the Hunkie club...

The Hunkies called the Italians Dagos, the Dagos returned the favor. The Germans were Crouts. The Catholics were the micks and the rest of use Scotch/Irish just fit in.

We played sports together, went to funerals together, ran the streets and woods together. None took offense as long as the fun wasn't derogatory...And if it was then it was on....But then it was over.

Today thinking someone should be offended because the NSCA or clubs classify them as B,C D, etc. only shows how far down the PC hole we have fallen..

That's the problem....

Well, maybe it the HOW and not the WHAT you're saying I guess that I don't get.........

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:52 pm 
Crown Grade

mdlott wrote:
oneounceload wrote:

It appears to be tit for tat. He was attacked verbally, and is returning the favor, best I can tell. Am I wrong?

Go back and look. He started it, and then got it thrown right back in his face.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:02 pm 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:

That's the problem....

Your biggest issue here is that just plain aren’t as smart as you believe you are.

To think this issue with the shooters in Classes A,B,C, D, E is one of being PC — especially when it’s been explained to you a multiplicity of times what the actual thought process actually is — clearly shows you’re just here to cause problems.

And, then to equate this all to the total political stupidity going in “Seattle, Portland, Chicago, etc “shows just how limited, as well as crazy your thought process really is.

Again, you just ain’t as smart as you seem to think you are.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:

Another one of you totally unsupported pop-off statements:

No one has said that anyone “should be offended because the NSCA or clubs classify them as B, C, D, etc”. That statement is total BS. The point is they SHOULD BE referred to as what class they’re actually in, and that it might be a good idea not to refer to everyone else other than those in M or AA as “lower class”. Two totally different concepts.

Do you want to try and cover up your stupidly and call that sarcasm again?

What this shows is just how deep a hole you’ve dug here for yourself. And with every post you make, that hole gets deeper.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:26 pm 
Crown Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
If you have a "customer" who's ego or mentality is so fragile they go to pieces because they are grouped into "lower class" that's the kind of customer you don't want anyways; it is incredibly doubtful they will be able to safely handle a firearm to begin with. .

No one is saying that ANYONE who is in Classes A,B,C,D, and E have “egos so fragile they go to pieces” because of the Class they are assigned. You 2 are just making crap up here.

The point is, from a business perspective, it just might be better to not refer to those not in M or AA Class as “lower class”. There just might be a better way to promote the sport.

A very easy concept to grasp.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:54 am 
Diamond Grade

Mule I read that post and think ‘yup, battues post is right on, too much feelings bs going on these days’.

I do think it’s a real problem and harbinger of worse to come when this sort of thinking weasels it’s way into things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:25 am 
Crown Grade

8 pages and you can see why this game can't go professional or become a real sport.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:52 am 
Field Grade

Bird,
Today it is all about sensitivity..We must always be on the watch for offending anyone...

He says:
"The point is, from a business perspective, it just might be better to not refer to those not in M or AA Class as “lower class”. There just might be a better way to promote the sport."

First and obviously, none use the term "lower class", as it relates to NSCA classes in a derogatory manner. In this context it is nothing more than a figure of speech. Soooo, how could it hurt ones business. Ahh, we are back to feelings, in that some insecure Ken or Karen may feel they are being put down. It "may" hurt their feelings....and that wouldn't be good for the sport.

As I said, some have become indoctrinated to it. The universities make it a minor degree.. If we only always acknowledge others feelings then it will follow the world will be a better place..It has been going on since old LBJ started his so called "Great Society". Which in reality had nothing to do with society and all with generating a vote machine. And it essentially has been a downhill ride ever since...

For myself, I don't feel all that good about it...However, everyday there are more and more Ken's and Karen's out there, that DGAS about my feelings.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:55 am 
Field Grade

lt0026 wrote:
8 pages and you can see why this game can't go professional or become a real sport.

Wrong it is going on right now in every professional sport. You either take a knee, or you are automatically labeled a racist...One can only be sympathetic to the cause if you kneel..The fact you stand for the flag has nothing to do with it...You stand for the flag, thus you can't possibly have any feelings for the oppressed. When in fact one building blocks of the flag is it represents the oppressed.

Thanks for the post, a prime example of how this has turned rational thought around.

But hey, I'm the stupid one here...Ken, thanks for the compliment.....

Last edited by Battue0626 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:59 am 
Crown Grade

The revenue stream is king, nothing else matters. Nothing to see here. SOS. Now we have people off on a tangent mixing politics and current affairs into things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:27 am 
Crown Grade

I totally dislike all of the PC crap that’s been shoved down all of our throats. And people who know me personally will tell you I’m not any where close to being so.

But this use of “lower class shooters” doesn’t set well with me. I don’t care for the feel of it.

Some here are fine with using it as is.

I think the answer for me anyway, is I’m going to refrain for using the terminology. But I’m not going to hide my feelings for it, either. I don’t see this as a PC or not situation. I view it as a curtesy.

For those of you who aren’t bothered by it and believe it is fine, go ahead and use it. It’s nothing earth shattering either way.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 am 
Crown Grade

I doubt that most shooters care much about class packaging. I do think that “lower-class” shooters do care, at least a little bit, about how the classes work.

A previous poster commented on systematic under-classification. It is a fact of life in D and C class (and E when new shooters started there). The response was that he didn’t work hard enough, travel enough, or spend enough money on the game. That is far more off-putting than being referred to as lower class. Enough of that and our “lower class” guy decides that he really doesn’t need the abuse. He lapses his NSCA membership and shoots “Hunter” (if he bothers with tournaments at all).

NSCA recognizes that under-classification of accomplished “new” shooters is a structural defect in the punch system; that’s why the Known Ability rule exists. We may be unable or unwilling to enforce it, but it costs us nothing to at least acknowledge the problem when someone mentions it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:28 am 
Tournament Grade

I still like my idea best: Divisions 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, AA, AAA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:46 am 
Diamond Grade

What do the surveys NSCA takes of new shooters say about this?

When the NSCA rep for the area of a shoot talks with all the first year guys during/after the shoot what sort of impression is he/she getting?

Are the side games that are inexpensive and have luck as a major component (ie 'one of these birds is a smoker-break it and you win a set of Ranger glasses!) not getting enough participation?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 am 
Tournament Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
If you have a "customer" who's ego or mentality is so fragile they go to pieces because they are grouped into "lower class" that's the kind of customer you don't want anyways; it is incredibly doubtful they will be able to safely handle a firearm to begin with. .

I think that’s a bigger problem with the Vanity Masters who threaten to take their marbles and go home if they get downclassed, more so than guys starting out and working their way up through the classes.

As a matter of fact, if being called a “lower class shooter” bothers the newer guys, it’s only when they realize they’re beating a bunch of the people calling them that.

Last edited by BigSpoonie on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That's up to the clubs to "provide" gifts , winnings , etc. NSCA does not do that. And the clubs can't provide refs , so I am not playing any of the optional pots.

SUAS

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next