ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: A better way to refer to Shooters in A, B, C, D, or E Cl
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:10 am 
Crown Grade

I guess somebody has to pay for those golden parachutes, salary and benefits.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I agree that it is a little silly to even think of it as “lower” classes when you do often see people in all classes that have posted a better score than some of the shooters in both Master Class and AA.
I accept that it is somebody working up through the ranks but you just aren’t going to have everybody shooting top tier scores. But everyone brings the same amount of money to the game. It would be a pretty small game if it only consisted of Master and AA.

I have also in 20 years of shooting never seen anybody snubbed for what ever class they are in by anybody, even the “pros”.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:36 am 
Field Grade

lt0026 wrote:

Ahhh yes, what a screw up that was...And now he is gone from Illinois...

The salary was one thing, the parachute should have been reason for others to go...Sometimes you do need to clean house....without burning it down.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:46 am 
Crown Grade

polywad6963 wrote:
The example I put above is..person that won EVERY D class event, person was tied runner up with master class in Super Sporting with a 45, shot 81-79 on main, 45 on 5 stand. This is why I think that a note should be sent to NSCA and shooter saying that we are placing you in A class to be competitive with the shooters of your ability. Yes he punched out but we have several here that just milk the cow for the money at the money shoots.

So you’re talking about this shooter cleaned every event in D class at a large shoot?

How do lower class shooters game the system for the ‘big money’ at the money shoots more than once? And, what money shoots are you referring to?

Last edited by Rooster booster on Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:46 am 
Field Grade

lt0026 wrote:

Ahhh yes, what a screw up that was...And now he is gone from Illinois...

The salary was one thing, the parachute should have been reason for others to go...Sometimes you do need to clean house....without burning it down.....

But we have traveled off base....I wish they could come up with a classification for me other than Senior Super Vet....Why it tells the world I'm old, hurts my feelers and shows insensitivity.
I vote to be classified as a "Seasoned Shooter"....Much more respectful in todays atmosphere of let us not hurt anyones feelers.....But you can bet your last tampax, those skeet shooters that run the NSCA did it to run down us sporters...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:00 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:

Again, what enjoyment do you get from shooting sporting? It sure doesn’t seem like there is much about the game you like.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:15 am 
Field Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

Again, what enjoyment do you get from shooting sporting? It sure doesn’t seem like there is much about the game you like.

It's another of the new normals...One can't be happy, unless they can find something to complain about.....and once they do the only solution is tear it apart...

A shooting friend tuned me into Eckhart Tolle....ahh such foolishness no longer concerns me...Helped my shooting too....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:28 am 
Crown Grade

I believe you’ve nailed it.......gotta be miserable to be happy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:21 pm 
Field Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
polywad6963 wrote:
The example I put above is..person that won EVERY D class event, person was tied runner up with master class in Super Sporting with a 45, shot 81-79 on main, 45 on 5 stand. This is why I think that a note should be sent to NSCA and shooter saying that we are placing you in A class to be competitive with the shooters of your ability. Yes he punched out but we have several here that just milk the cow for the money at the money shoots.

So you’re talking about this shooter cleaned every event in D class at a large shoot?

How do lower class shooters game the system for the ‘big money’ at the money shoots more than once? And, what money shoots are you referring to?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:27 pm 
Field Grade

Most all other sports they would say he planned his schedule so he peaked. Here some take offense...

It's not so much the NSCA that is the problem as much as the shooters. You go to a big shoot with the big boys, then the game is on and they even play it at the highest level...Master seems a little too offensive in todays "we must not offend any age", so I was left at a loss of what class they were in...

Really Master???? Somebody out there must surely be offended...Speak up....

Of course chess doesn't have a problem with it.....yet....

Addition:

Calling todays Master class, first class, may be ok...No, then those in the classes below would be
second class, third class, etc...Some would be offended...Difficult times we live in for sure...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:13 pm 
Crown Grade

The reality is that in the real world out on the grounds shooting events or just hacking around, 99% of shooters get along just fine regardless of the way each chooses to participate or the skill level and advancement level thru the registered groups.

I think in general shooters get along better than the general population does....well except when we get all amped up on SGW that is.... :lol:

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

dpe2002 wrote:
I think in general shooters get along better than the general population does....well except when we get all amped up on SGW that is.

+1 Out at the Club have never heard any gun snobbery,how do we fix ---------- (fill in the blank :wink: ) and on and on. :D Just online

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:55 pm 
Field Grade

I agree, but the way some wrote one could think there was a movement about....shooters carrying signs-“Down with D class..D class shooters feelings matter”-

I hope not....that stuff can quickly get out of hand.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:02 pm 
Crown Grade

Best I can recall, the only times that I’ve ever been asked about classification were at registration.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:13 pm 
Field Grade

I feel the pain....”Hi Harry, Senior Super Vet? Me in a low voice, “You talking to me?”....and then lower still “Yea”; and then much louder, “Options? Of course, all of them!!!!”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

All Classes Matter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

I started shooting registered about 3 years ago, before that shoot I read several threads like this one. I thought why would I want to do it? Well, the answer was I wanted to get better.
My first shoot I felt I shot poorly, but I won "E" class and got a couple punches. The next day I went to a different club, shot the same score I did the day before. This time I felt like I did fairly well, the targets were much harder, but I got my butt handed to me, finished nearly DFL. Did I have a problem with the system, sandbaggers, no, the problem was my shooting...nothing else.
Is the system perfect, no, but I don't care.
I've never had anyone talk down to me because of my class or my lack of shooting ability, rather, it's been the opposite, encouragement when I miss a fluff target and questions when I crush a difficult target that most are having issues with.
I don't shoot much anymore because arthritis has taken its toll, but when I did, most shooters of all levels are "High Class" people who don't care where you are at in your journey. Everyone is out to have some fun, nothing more, nothing less...

Just my $.02

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:07 pm 
Crown Grade

Battue0626 wrote:
I feel the pain....”Hi Harry, Senior Super Vet? Me in a low voice, “You talking to me?”....and then lower still “Yea”; and then much louder, “Options? Of course, all of them!!!!”

I am proudest of my Sr. Supervet status; really didn’t expect to live this long:)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:26 am 
Diamond Grade

Mule Driver wrote:

My question had nothing to do with any of that. It's simply about doing the right thing to make new shooters feel more comfortable. Being referred to as a "lower class shooter" doesn't seem like the best way to go about class identification.

I don’t think anyone gives a sh*t.

Honestly thought this thread was a gag when I saw that title. Now it appears to be a psych class project to show how someone can present a bogus premise and get otherwise smart people to not only accept it but also argue about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:57 am 
Field Grade

Most likely they were serious....one of our current first world problems is we have an over abundance of concerned feelers people. That have been indoctrinated to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next