ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ohio Sporting Clays Association Election Your Vote Please
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

Please consider VOTING for Bill Elliott for The Ohio Sporting Clays Association Board of Directors

Do you remember that time a teacher, coach or mentor motivated you by saying something that stuck with you the rest of your life? Even further created a visual representation of something so powerful that it motivated you to break your first clay target and you were hooked. I followed those footsteps too! Not only have I pursued my passion as a clay target shooter, I have worked to promote individuals to be the best they can be in registered, recreational and wing shooting. While I have enjoyed the journey of my professional career as a Classroom Instructor, Director of Career Services and University Dean, I always felt there was something more entrepreneurial and more individualized. Some of you may or may not know I started Elliott Coaching. In this business venture I found a way to integrate business acumen and clay target shooting knowledge

As many of you know, I have always gone above and beyond while not serving an actual position on the board. I have always made it a point to be relevant with in the Ohio Sporting Clays Association. Whether it was fundraising, ideation, event planning, etc. In fact, at one point I was a trustee.

As a competitive shooter, shotgun coach, shooting sports writer and target setter I believe serving on the board will help provide a wrap around approach/perspective to the Ohio board. Before I started my own business, I helped manage budgetary spending not only for a school district but also a university. Therefore, understanding our bottom line as an organization is something I tend to look into while continuing to grow our great sport in the state of Ohio.

Some Ideas for exposure; Shooter of the month, club of the month, SCTP OSCA partnerships, increased funds for state shoot sponsorship, trail shoot. The one thing I have always believed is early money is like yeast, it helps the dough rise!!!
In the end though, it comes down to one thing, integrity. As each of you know you are only as good as your word in this sport. The arena is too small. You will never hear anyone accuse me of cheating, stealing or quiting. Nor anyone else running for this position as there are other great candidates as well. With that being said I can promise you I will give this position my all. If I find after one year of service, I am not effective and cannot serve, note the word serve!! I will check my ego at the door and give it up to someone who can. This is so paramount.

I appreciate your consideration and look forward to serving, Bill Elliott

Post subject: Re: Ohio Sporting Clays Association Election Your Vote Pleas
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I can't vote for you because I live in Pennsylvania but good luck.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

Post subject: Re: Ohio Sporting Clays Association Election Your Vote Pleas
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:52 am 
Field Grade

Where does one vote for this?