ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Targets Set - The Clays at Lone Oaks Farm in Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Recently back from an initial target setting trip to Tennessee's newest clay target facility, The Clays at Lone Oaks Farm near Middleton. See www.loneoaksclays.com. The public facility is part of the West Tennessee 4-H Education Center that is being developed by the University of Tennessee and the Tennessee Wildlife Federation. It is under an hour east of Memphis and about 45 minutes south of Jackson. Lone Oaks Farm is a 1,200 acre property that features beautiful fields, meadows, hardwood forests and lots of enticing rolling and vertical terrain that is perfect for a sporting clays layout. Phase 1 includes a 14 station fully automated sporting course, covered 5-Stand with 8 traps, trap, wobble trap and skeet fields as well as a 4,000 square ft. clubhouse with on site grille, meeting rooms, pavilion and pro shop. My initial target set has a little bit for every skill level and features multiple rabbits, battues, rabbue, 90mm vertical teal and more set over some of the best terrain I've ever seen for a sporting course. Targets are 20-45 yards. They've still got a bit of work to do - landscaping, tree planting, finish grades, etc., and the plan is to have an early Fall open. I will keep you posted. Take a look at their website and Facebook page - www.facebook.com/loneoaksclays to stay up to date. This will be a marquis facility for shooters in the mid-South.

Post subject: Re: Targets Set - The Clays at Lone Oaks Farm in Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

Wow, wasn't aware of that. I'll have to try and make a trip when it opens!

Post subject: Re: Targets Set - The Clays at Lone Oaks Farm in Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:41 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

cclark31 wrote:
Wow, wasn't aware of that. I'll have to try and make a trip when it opens!

I think you will be very impressed. Beautiful grounds for sporting clays and wonderful people.