ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dog Swimming [email protected]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:36 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

First, I know this is not about shotgun shooting unless you will accept that I am talking about my English Pointer Bird Dog who I do shoot over. I use my shotgun to do this, plus I am trying to keep you from getting scammed. If I was smart enough to add a picture, you would be doing belly laughs. Yep it's that funny.

The pool was advertised and being 6 feet by 10 feet. The ad shows a dog playing in a pool with room to spare and is billed as a folding pool. (The pool is well made) Well My wife got it in the mail yesterday and it came in a 8 by 10 inch box. I put it on my head and it could work as a rain hat. I have kept it to water my dogs in while hunting as long as they don't drink a too much; maybe one dog at a time will work. If you see this ad, it is a scam. My wife talked to Pay Pal about this and was told that she could get about $9.00 back but she would have to pay for the shipping to send it back. That was a little over $7.00. She paid around $40.00 for the pool plus shipping. When she showed me this pool, I just couldn't help from laughing so hard I couldn't breath. I had to sleep in my chair last night. oops I am still laughing but she now sees the humor in this deal. I have emailed and text all of my friends a picture of this thing.

Mike McAlpine

Post subject: Re: Dog Swimming [email protected]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:49 pm 
Crown Grade

You might have grounds for fraud,but it may or may not be worth the hassle........

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:19 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

One, that is what I told my wife. Like I mentioned, I will just keep the Bowl and use it to water my dog when hunting. I really have had a lot of fun with this. Now if this had been very expensive I would have taken it farther but, I doubt there is anything I could have done. I felt like it was worth a laugh and wanted to let people know that a scam like this was around.

Mike McAlpine

During these days when everything in life is so down, a good laugh will help us all. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:39 am 
Tournament Grade

Mike, if Paypal is funded by your credit card instead of a bank account, you have other recourse. Submit a dispute to your CC company. They will be much more receptive to working with you on a fraud situation than Paypal. I recently had a similar experience (scam ad, never received the product) and Paypal was zero help, but my credit card gave me a refund immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:21 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Luke,

Thank you for the information. I have decided to mark this up to life's lessons. No, I don't like a scam like this and if I were out a lot of money I would be after them. The problem is that I can't find them. I don't understand why with all of the computer wizards out there why can't these people come up with a way to find these crooks. Then we could cut off their fingers so they can't use a computer any more. I know that there is voice typing but once these crooks loose there fingers and thumbs, I would doubt that they would take a chance on loosing their tongues.

I also believe this is a great solution for rapist and child molesters. Now, I know this would be very harsh but It would put a stop of these pigs. This is only a commentary and is not a threat unless you mess with my wife, daughter or grand kids. My good nature wold STOP there. :evil:

Mike McAlpine

Not an angle but not the devil either. Just a concerned American with a nice family. {hs#

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:20 am 
Utility Grade

I am on several hunting dog forums and facebook groups. Lots of people are getting scammed on this deal. This guy is getting rich!!
I would pursue the credit card refund.

NSCA #520095
New Berlin, WI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:04 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Thanks D Bird. I couldn't bring myself to call you dirty so I did something better. D Bird is now my handle for you. LOL

I am glad that you mentioned this scam. That was the main reason I posted it. I don't want to see my fellow (bird) dog owners get ripped off.

Thanks,

Mike McAlpine