ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 pm 
Crown Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
oneounceload wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
I don't recall saying EVERY GOD DAMN CLUB IN THE WHOLE ****ING COUNTY HAD TO ABSOLUTELY USE ELECTRONIC SCORING ON EVERY GOD DAMN COURSE THEY HAVE.

I asked the question, why haven't we seen it yet.

The cost, easy, take the number of stations in the main event, add two, times a hundred bucks per tablet.

THE SOFTWARE IS FREE !!

So a club with two courses would need 28-30 tablets @ 100 each. Plus additional as back up, and possibly for 5-stand and FITASC

As to why it isn't being used, have you asked your state/national delegates why NSCA hasn't implemented it for Nationals, US Open etc.?

How much does Lois charge? How much does Casey charge? Are the free?

Again, what's the roi on flush toilets? Buckets out back are much cheaper.

You must be desperate to keep hammering away from answering with BS that has nothing to do with the questions asked.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:18 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:

You must be desperate to keep hammering away from answering with BS that has nothing to do with the questions asked.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:00 am 
Crown Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
oneounceload wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
I don't recall saying EVERY GOD DAMN CLUB IN THE WHOLE ****ING COUNTY HAD TO ABSOLUTELY USE ELECTRONIC SCORING ON EVERY GOD DAMN COURSE THEY HAVE.

I asked the question, why haven't we seen it yet.

The cost, easy, take the number of stations in the main event, add two, times a hundred bucks per tablet.

THE SOFTWARE IS FREE !!

So a club with two courses would need 28-30 tablets @ 100 each. Plus additional as back up, and possibly for 5-stand and FITASC

As to why it isn't being used, have you asked your state/national delegates why NSCA hasn't implemented it for Nationals, US Open etc.?

How much does Lois charge? How much does Casey charge? Are the free?

Again, what's the roi on flush toilets? Buckets out back are much cheaper.

Winscore and Score Chaser does much more than just keep scores. Casey and Lois do much more than input scores. You have no experience with the programs and have no idea what you are babbling about ysr.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:51 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Winscore and Score Chaser does much more than just keep scores. Casey and Lois do much more than input scores. You have no experience with the programs and have no idea what you are babbling about ysr.

Exactly, and none of that's needed with electronic scoring.

Hey, I'm not instituting it, the CPSA is. Have you guys let them know it can't possibly work, and to save their money?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:28 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

The price is not cheap for the Farm WIFI and it does not like obstructions, like trees so most Sporting Clays Course are less ideal than a farm with few or no trees.

The lengths of Ethernet Cable are not included (not cheap)

Put simply this is not worthwhile for most clubs, and you would not like to pay for it with increased fees

You can do most things, a bridge to Hawaii sure, how much will it cost though?

Phone 813-907-7340
Check out our E-books on Amazon here
http://www.rogergascoigneshootingcoach.com/books.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:58 am 
Presentation Grade

Brad,

Reconsidered and drafted a viable business plan. Looking for investors . Would you contact my business agent in Lagos Nigeria ?

Bass3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:58 pm 
Crown Grade

Some people just don't have a clue what it takes to run a shoot. I suggest you look to see who greets you when you walk in the door and hands you all the information, squadding, event schedule and your bill. A good fast check in is the first impression a shooter gets about a club. Winscore and Score Chaser isn't just about O's and /'s. Shooters never see the full ability of the programs. Some who are ignorant about what the programs do just take it for granted. Having Winscore or Score Chaser on the grounds helps the club owners do what needs to be done in the field. Talk is cheap, lets see some numbers, equipment and some event planning experience before you have so much to say.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:43 pm 
Limited Edition

I am the only one who understands why Brad is not married

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:24 pm 
Crown Grade

Browning Citori Guy wrote:
I am the only one who understands why Brad is not married

Hey, I'm happily married. Here's a recent pic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:25 pm 
Crown Grade

Roger Gascoigne wrote:
The price is not cheap for the Farm WIFI and it does not like obstructions, like trees so most Sporting Clays Course are less ideal than a farm with few or no trees.

The lengths of Ethernet Cable are not included (not cheap)

Put simply this is not worthwhile for most clubs, and you would not like to pay for it with increased fees

You can do most things, a bridge to Hawaii sure, how much will it cost though?

Considering Wi-Fi isn't needed for the whole course, it amuses me when you guys talk about it.

How do the score sheets get from the stations to the club house, currently?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:29 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Some people just don't have a clue what it takes to run a shoot. I suggest you look to see who greets you when you walk in the door and hands you all the information, squadding, event schedule and your bill. A good fast check in is the first impression a shooter gets about a club. Winscore and Score Chaser isn't just about O's and /'s. Shooters never see the full ability of the programs. Some who are ignorant about what the programs do just take it for granted. Having Winscore or Score Chaser on the grounds helps the club owners do what needs to be done in the field. Talk is cheap, lets see some numbers, equipment and some event planning experience before you have so much to say.

Read this slowly, it may help you understand. The UK Association is implementing it, NOT ME.

Here's how it goes with Practiscore.

I register online, I squad, online, I pay online. Anybody want to guess where I get my scores?

There's one person that checks me in, and I'm shooting. I'm sorry you need someone to hold your hand.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Did you ladies b***h this much when ranges went to flush toilets? WHERE'S THE ROI ??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

Brad too late all the initial investors are in. California franchise still available.

Buy a annual franchise from us, outfit a van with WiFi and ipads (your expense) exclusive territory . Great thing you can charge the course all you want. They can add the cost to target fees.

Everybody wins.

Bass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:57 pm 
Crown Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
Did you ladies b***h this much when ranges went to flush toilets? WHERE'S THE ROI ??

I knew you were a high roller.......you shoot at places with real toilets!?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:47 pm 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:

I knew you were a high roller.......you shoot at places with real toilets!?

Forget about flush toilets, what's the ROI on toilet paper? Leaves are FREE !!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:55 pm 
Diamond Grade

for the life of me i just can't see why anyone would make a major capital investment just so the girl in the clubhouse doesn't have to key in a bunch of scores. if i travel more than an hour or so to a shoot they've got the final results in before i even get home.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:57 pm 
Crown Grade

birdhunter39 wrote:
for the life of me i just can't see why anyone would make a major capital investment just so the girl in the clubhouse doesn't have to key in a bunch of scores. if i travel more than an hour or so to a shoot they've got the final results in before i even get home.

They have the AM scores posted before we finish lunch

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Did you ladies b***h this much when movies went to "talkies" ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:02 pm 
Crown Grade

Have you let the UK organization know it's never going to work, and they're wasting their money?

You guys should, you'll be heroes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:42 am 
Crown Grade

Put that magic wand down and show me the cost and savings to a club to run the system? For the tenth time. In these SYO tournaments they shouldn't even post scores until everyone is done shooting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next