ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 22699
ysr_racer wrote:
oneounceload wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
I don't recall saying EVERY GOD DAMN CLUB IN THE WHOLE ****ING COUNTY HAD TO ABSOLUTELY USE ELECTRONIC SCORING ON EVERY GOD DAMN COURSE THEY HAVE.

I asked the question, why haven't we seen it yet.

The cost, easy, take the number of stations in the main event, add two, times a hundred bucks per tablet.

THE SOFTWARE IS FREE !!


So a club with two courses would need 28-30 tablets @ 100 each. Plus additional as back up, and possibly for 5-stand and FITASC

As to why it isn't being used, have you asked your state/national delegates why NSCA hasn't implemented it for Nationals, US Open etc.?


How much does Lois charge? How much does Casey charge? Are the free?

Again, what's the roi on flush toilets? Buckets out back are much cheaper.


You must be desperate to keep hammering away from answering with BS that has nothing to do with the questions asked.



_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:18 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
oneounceload wrote:

You must be desperate to keep hammering away from answering with BS that has nothing to do with the questions asked.


Image

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:00 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5593
ysr_racer wrote:
oneounceload wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
I don't recall saying EVERY GOD DAMN CLUB IN THE WHOLE ****ING COUNTY HAD TO ABSOLUTELY USE ELECTRONIC SCORING ON EVERY GOD DAMN COURSE THEY HAVE.

I asked the question, why haven't we seen it yet.

The cost, easy, take the number of stations in the main event, add two, times a hundred bucks per tablet.

THE SOFTWARE IS FREE !!


So a club with two courses would need 28-30 tablets @ 100 each. Plus additional as back up, and possibly for 5-stand and FITASC

As to why it isn't being used, have you asked your state/national delegates why NSCA hasn't implemented it for Nationals, US Open etc.?


How much does Lois charge? How much does Casey charge? Are the free?

Again, what's the roi on flush toilets? Buckets out back are much cheaper.

Winscore and Score Chaser does much more than just keep scores. Casey and Lois do much more than input scores. You have no experience with the programs and have no idea what you are babbling about ysr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:51 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
lt0026 wrote:
Winscore and Score Chaser does much more than just keep scores. Casey and Lois do much more than input scores. You have no experience with the programs and have no idea what you are babbling about ysr.


Exactly, and none of that's needed with electronic scoring.

Hey, I'm not instituting it, the CPSA is. Have you guys let them know it can't possibly work, and to save their money?

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:28 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:19 pm
Posts: 2484
Location: Tampa Florida
The price is not cheap for the Farm WIFI and it does not like obstructions, like trees so most Sporting Clays Course are less ideal than a farm with few or no trees.

The lengths of Ethernet Cable are not included (not cheap)

Put simply this is not worthwhile for most clubs, and you would not like to pay for it with increased fees

You can do most things, a bridge to Hawaii sure, how much will it cost though?

_________________
Roger Gascoigne
AMICSI, CPSA Certified Coach
NSSA Level 1 Skeet Instructor
Phone 813-907-7340
Check out our E-books on Amazon here
http://www.rogergascoigneshootingcoach.com/books.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:58 am 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm
Posts: 676
Brad,

Reconsidered and drafted a viable business plan. Looking for investors . Would you contact my business agent in Lagos Nigeria ?

Bass3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:58 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5593
Some people just don't have a clue what it takes to run a shoot. I suggest you look to see who greets you when you walk in the door and hands you all the information, squadding, event schedule and your bill. A good fast check in is the first impression a shooter gets about a club. Winscore and Score Chaser isn't just about O's and /'s. Shooters never see the full ability of the programs. Some who are ignorant about what the programs do just take it for granted. Having Winscore or Score Chaser on the grounds helps the club owners do what needs to be done in the field. Talk is cheap, lets see some numbers, equipment and some event planning experience before you have so much to say.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 332
I am the only one who understands why Brad is not married


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:24 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
Browning Citori Guy wrote:
I am the only one who understands why Brad is not married


Hey, I'm happily married. Here's a recent pic

Image

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:25 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
Roger Gascoigne wrote:
The price is not cheap for the Farm WIFI and it does not like obstructions, like trees so most Sporting Clays Course are less ideal than a farm with few or no trees.

The lengths of Ethernet Cable are not included (not cheap)

Put simply this is not worthwhile for most clubs, and you would not like to pay for it with increased fees

You can do most things, a bridge to Hawaii sure, how much will it cost though?


Considering Wi-Fi isn't needed for the whole course, it amuses me when you guys talk about it.

How do the score sheets get from the stations to the club house, currently?

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:29 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
lt0026 wrote:
Some people just don't have a clue what it takes to run a shoot. I suggest you look to see who greets you when you walk in the door and hands you all the information, squadding, event schedule and your bill. A good fast check in is the first impression a shooter gets about a club. Winscore and Score Chaser isn't just about O's and /'s. Shooters never see the full ability of the programs. Some who are ignorant about what the programs do just take it for granted. Having Winscore or Score Chaser on the grounds helps the club owners do what needs to be done in the field. Talk is cheap, lets see some numbers, equipment and some event planning experience before you have so much to say.


Read this slowly, it may help you understand. The UK Association is implementing it, NOT ME.

Here's how it goes with Practiscore.

I register online, I squad, online, I pay online. Anybody want to guess where I get my scores?

There's one person that checks me in, and I'm shooting. I'm sorry you need someone to hold your hand.

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:36 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
Did you ladies b***h this much when ranges went to flush toilets? WHERE'S THE ROI ??

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm
Posts: 676
Brad too late all the initial investors are in. California franchise still available.

Buy a annual franchise from us, outfit a van with WiFi and ipads (your expense) exclusive territory . Great thing you can charge the course all you want. They can add the cost to target fees.

Everybody wins.

Bass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5870
ysr_racer wrote:
Did you ladies b***h this much when ranges went to flush toilets? WHERE'S THE ROI ??


I knew you were a high roller.......you shoot at places with real toilets!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:47 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
Rooster booster wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:
Did you ladies b***h this much when ranges went to flush toilets? WHERE'S THE ROI ??


I knew you were a high roller.......you shoot at places with real toilets!?


Forget about flush toilets, what's the ROI on toilet paper? Leaves are FREE !!

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:55 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am
Posts: 1326
for the life of me i just can't see why anyone would make a major capital investment just so the girl in the clubhouse doesn't have to key in a bunch of scores. if i travel more than an hour or so to a shoot they've got the final results in before i even get home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:57 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 22699
birdhunter39 wrote:
for the life of me i just can't see why anyone would make a major capital investment just so the girl in the clubhouse doesn't have to key in a bunch of scores. if i travel more than an hour or so to a shoot they've got the final results in before i even get home.

They have the AM scores posted before we finish lunch

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:59 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
Did you ladies b***h this much when movies went to "talkies" ?

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:02 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:26 pm
Posts: 11292
Location: So Cal USA
Have you let the UK organization know it's never going to work, and they're wasting their money?

You guys should, you'll be heroes.

_________________
Liberals are like slinkys, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brad - Electronic scoring coming to the UK?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:42 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5593
Put that magic wand down and show me the cost and savings to a club to run the system? For the tenth time. In these SYO tournaments they shouldn't even post scores until everyone is done shooting.




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 58PERAZZI, Anatidae, Barmaleykin, Bing [Bot], boon hogganbeck, brnzbk, casonet, cookoff013, Curly N, dallen749, Dbl Auto, DEG, Denver1911, DooFighter, dpe2002, drawdc, ellisjre, EricB, EuroMan, Fasttalker27, fgiorgia, fishrising, geometric, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, hopper810, Island Shooter, JacksBack, johnnie g, jrmev, jusanothajoe, jwf1948, Keperkey, Konyo312, LG, llc, Majestic-12 [Bot], mb94, McFarmer, Mike McAlpine, Mike407, mikeydio, myshootinstinks, oneounceload, redhaze, Roger Gascoigne, Rooster booster, rosiesdad, S.davis, saddlerocker, saskbooknut, Scardog7, senork, sera, Silver, SMP190, Specklebelly, Steeler [Crawler], Supervet, T-Brooks, Tidefanatic, Warhawk, Westender, zxcvbnm


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice