ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Two Person Squads
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:26 am 
Crown Grade

SYO shoot. A shooter in C Class ties for HOA with a 95. The shooter has a 70.00 average and about 600 lifetime targets. Quite a form reversal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:49 am 
Crown Grade

It is easiest to assume a B or C or D shooter that posts a high or winning score had to have cheated. Not saying they did or didn't but I have been on squads with several shooters when it looked like they were shooting trash can lids and everyone else was shooting at poker chips. It isn't the typical but it happens.

A shooter like this could be a rock star or it just might be that kind of day that doesn't come very often for the average Joe....

Every top dog and every exceptional regional shooter passed thru D and C and B on their way to the top.

Try to focus on the positive and not the negative in life and in your shooting life.

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 am 
Presentation Grade

That, is the type of shoot results that will garner attention to those shooters....and club, for years. Its a shame. Giving said shooters the kind of professional attention, is the only way to protect future events.

It goes hand in hand with poachers, cheating at a bass derby (big money at those for sure fuels the motivation). But heck, I know of guys that'll buy bird bands on eBay just to make their lanyard jingle a bunch and look good. How a shooter can accept a handshake for a score they didn't produce, is beyond me. My kid ever did that, it would be a short one way conversation and I'll leave it at that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:56 am 
Presentation Grade

dpe2002 wrote:
It is easiest to assume a B or C or D shooter that posts a high or winning score had to have cheated. Not saying they did or didn't but I have been on squads with several shooters when it looked like they were shooting trash can lids and everyone else was shooting at poker chips. It isn't the typical but it happens.

A shooter like this could be a rock star or it just might be that kind of day that doesn't come very often for the average Joe....

Every top dog and every exceptional regional shooter passed thru D and C and B on their way to the top.

Try to focus on the positive and not the negative in life and in your shooting life.

There may be times where this response would be applicable. I've seen it, on a course where Sk / IC gets it done and there are many c-d shooters posting in the 80's. Don't think its applicable in this case.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:07 am 
Tournament Grade

bdog58 wrote:
dpe2002 wrote:

There may be times where this response would be applicable. I've seen it, on a course where Sk / IC gets it done and there are many c-d shooters posting in the 80's. Don't think its applicable in this case.

I agree this looks a little suspicious..... but, for c or d shooter to post in the shoot in the 80's it has to be easy close coarse? I don't agree with that statement at all.

NSCA #653662 B Class shooter
Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting
"Left hand shooter, I guess I am in the right state of mind"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:09 am 
Crown Grade

The sudden and extreme form reversals should get attention, but they don't. But you know whats going on when you enter these events. And the clubs won't intervene with known ability or scorekeepers next time out. Expensive practice. Take it for what it is.
Disclaimer: The shooter wasn't in my class.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
SYO shoot. A shooter in C Class ties for HOA with a 95. The shooter has a 70.00 average and about 600 lifetime targets. Quite a form reversal.

And maybe he got a lesson or a gun fitted and is about to explode upwards through the ranks. He made it from D to C, so he obviously won enough times to earn the punches necessary.
DPE mentioned it; everyone has that day where everything looks like a garbage can lid and there there are those days where you can't buy an "X". Without corroboration, you're making an assumption, and we all know what that means.......

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:21 am 
Crown Grade

SYO is what we have, and we have to live with it. However, there is a reason that CPSA does not allow SYO at registered events, and this is it.

With trappers, 90+ in “C” would have gotten a “good job” from everyone. With SYO, many will never believe it even if it was a straight-up result. That’s unfortunate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:53 am 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

And maybe he got a lesson or a gun fitted and is about to explode upwards through the ranks. He made it from D to C, so he obviously won enough times to earn the punches necessary.
DPE mentioned it; everyone has that day where everything looks like a garbage can lid and there there are those days where you can't buy an "X". Without corroboration, you're making an assumption, and we all know what that means.......

And yet your post is full of assumptions. Like stated above. With scorekeepers it's an eye opener. Without it looks suspicious.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:33 am 
Tournament Grade

mwr01 wrote:
fatguywithafirearm wrote:
Interesting turn today at the warm up for the State Shoot in Colorado. Tough technical targets, some of the best shooters in the state ended up in a three way tie for top gun at 83. That is until late in the afternoon when a couple of youngerns from C class and D class posted scores of 91 and 84. Both shooters have 1700 lifetime targets each. The 91 shooter has shot 100 targets this year, the 84 shooter has 0 Registered targets this year. Can't wait to hear the stories at next weeks State Shoot.

Trappers or SYO?

SYO
I can agree a C or D class shorter can have a great day but those odd diminish when a C AND D class shooter have a great day on the same course M class shooters all had a bad day.
I can't accuse anyone of cheating but thought it was fitting for this the thread.
For the record the day I punched to B class I shot a mid 70score on a stiff course with a 2 man SYO squad. I also shot the last round of a five stand late in the day with trappers ands scored dead last. The 100degree heat during the 5 stand wasn't helping me any( the main was shot down in the trees with a lot of shade). But I wondered if it raised any eyebrows.

Last edited by fatguywithafirearm on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:43 am 
Crown Grade

And yet we recently had a M class shooter DQ'd for a few years for cheating, and he had been HOA a few times at shoots.
Shenanigans aren't limited to C or D class

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

Last edited by oneounceload on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:28 am 
Field Grade

Well I'm a solid D class shooter as I just started shooting again.

But my scores on a non competive courses, including the course we are now discussing, went from low 50's with my citori 425 to 70's with my new CG Summit.

A gun change made that big of a change for me on easy courses.

Now to figure out the price to sell that citori.

Sent using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:48 am 
Presentation Grade

Cooper4141 wrote:
bdog58 wrote:
dpe2002 wrote:

I agree this looks a little suspicious..... but, for c or d shooter to post in the shoot in the 80's it has to be easy close coarse? I don't agree with that statement at all.

No, it doesn't. I've seen where a C would place near or at the top, master or HOA. But not 91 vs 83. And if hes clipping all the C score by 27....? We've got a local B thats putting it on right now. But hes done it consistently with other top local shooters. He isn't getting 95 while everyone else is getting 85 and below. I've shot with him....hes the real deal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:58 am 
Presentation Grade

So I looked at the scores.

M 3 at 83, 2 at 82, 3 at 81. AA 79, 71. A 73, 70. B 69, 66. C 91, 64. D 84, 63.

Come up with your own conclusions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:00 pm 
Crown Grade

There's no conclusion to draw without first hand evidence

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:01 pm 
Crown Grade

I realize people want cheap easy punches, but this is getting really crazy. Sgt Schultz routine in action.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:13 pm 
Crown Grade

bdog58 wrote:

He was a first time SC shooter that should have declared to a higher class.

We spend a lot of time accusing lower class shooters of cheating but could care less about Masters that only shoot a 65. Everybody has their day, good and bad.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:39 pm 
Crown Grade

YevetS wrote:
bdog58 wrote:

We spend a lot of time accusing lower class shooters of cheating but could care less about Masters that only shoot a 65. Everybody has their day, good and bad.

Steve

Who gets crushed by a shooter who follows the rules and shoots a 65?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:00 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
YevetS wrote:
bdog58 wrote:

Steve

Who gets crushed by a shooter who follows the rules and shoots a 65?

Not what I said or meant and you know it!

I said Everybody has their day, good and bad. Anybody can shoot an 85 on a good day and we have all had days of 65.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:13 pm 
Crown Grade

You can spin it however you wish. Everyone knows a suspicious score or a big form reversal when they see it. With scorekeepers, nothing to debate. Case closed. You can make excuses all you wish. Trust but verify.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next