ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Big time sporting going on in San Anotonio
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Scores are in on winscore. Mr. Derrick Mein.

I shot Nationals and I was again seriously humbled. Those top 50 shooters are just incredible.

What a fantastic event! It deserves your pilgrimage.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:19 pm 
Crown Grade

Gunsite Guy wrote:
Scores are in on winscore. Mr. Derrick Mein.

I shot Nationals and I was again seriously humbled. Those top 50 shooters are just incredible.

What a fantastic event! It deserves your pilgrimage.

s/f Steve

^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:00 pm 
Limited Edition

The FITASC shoot off will be worth the price of admission.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:19 pm 
Utility Grade

4th. down wrote:
smoke ball wrote:
Would someone please post who set the targets for the main? The setters are such an important part of our game and usually they are not mentioned in the promotion of an event. It would also be interesting to hear a description of the rabbue on yellow #5 that Anthony mentioned. What made it especially difficult? Thanks.

If I remember correctly, it was a true pair, std. going right to left and a rabbue going left to right and falling fast at about 40-45 yds. Not real unusual for this shoot, but hell, anything can happen as we all know. You couldn't dilly/dally with the first bird, times a wasting.

The rabbue was the first bird of the pair that you had to shoot, thrown up and slightly quartering to the left. It looked fast, but took almost no lead. It was easy to shoot in front and over top of which is what I did the 1 time I missed it. The standard that you shot second was pretty straight forward.

It wasn’t a particularly difficult pair, but it certainly isn’t a pair I would want to finish a course on knowing that a National Championship was on the line. That definitely ups the difficulty level a ton even for an amazing shot like Cory.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:56 pm 
Limited Edition

What is the point of a rabbue ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The most important point is to break it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:35 pm 
Crown Grade

DKW1 wrote:

It is just a curveball target that setters can mix in to add some trickery. They take some getting used to as they are a little deceptive and trick the senses.

One of my main clubs has 2-3 machines they have converted to throw them so we see them quite often in our monthly tournaments.

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:49 pm 
Limited Edition

dpe2002 wrote:
DKW1 wrote:

It is just a curveball target that setters can mix in to add some trickery. They take some getting used to as they are a little deceptive and trick the senses.

One of my main clubs has 2-3 machines they have converted to throw them so we see them quite often in our monthly tournaments.

Let me try again. What does an rabbit target do to confuse the shooter that makes it worth throwing instead of a regular clay ? Harder to break, holds its speed, drops fast ? Serious question.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:00 pm 
Crown Grade

DKW1 wrote:
dpe2002 wrote:
DKW1 wrote:

Let me try again. What does an rabbit target do to confuse the shooter that makes it worth throwing instead of a regular clay ? Harder to break, holds its speed, drops fast ? Serious question.

It is a rabbit target so is sturdy and takes more pattern density to reliably break them. They appear to be faster than they really are....sometimes like a rolling rabbit and can be missed in front at times. They do drop out fast as well.

I would say they are like a change up pitch in baseball. The eye and brain are accustomed to the flight pattern of a standard that we see most of the time and these don't act the same in flight.

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:03 pm 
Limited Edition

dpe2002 wrote:
DKW1 wrote:
dpe2002 wrote:
DKW1 wrote:

It is a rabbit target so is sturdy and takes more pattern density to reliably break them. They appear to be faster than they really are....sometimes like a rolling rabbit and can be missed in front at times. They do drop out fast as well.

I would say they are like a change up pitch in baseball. The eye and brain are accustomed to the flight pattern of a standard that we see most of the time and these don't act the same in flight.

Thank you, the change up comparison cleared things up.