ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walmart Ammo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:42 pm 
Crown Grade

All Walmart's in my area have removed ammo from the floor. Academy stopped offering free shipping on ammo.

Post subject: Re: Walmart Ammo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:49 pm 
Limited Edition

I've been able to find Estate relatively plentifully at Walmarts around here. Academy is no longer a good deal. They went up about a dollar a box, and no more free shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:56 pm 
Presentation Grade

We are in a bona fide ammo hoarding situation again. If you think the situation re: shot shells is bad, take a look at pistol ammo. 3x the price if you can find any. Shot shells are just up about 15% and are still relatively available if you search the internet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Bass Pro has nothing on line. Academy has very little available. They want $8.00 to ship a flat of ammo. Thats on top of increased pricing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:22 pm 
Presentation Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Bass Pro has nothing on line. Academy has very little available. They want $8.00 to ship a flat of ammo. Thats on top of increased pricing.

Bass/Cabela’s gets shipments of their Herter’s stuff every few weeks. You have to watch the site. I just picked up two flats. The previous two I had to source Nobel Sport from True Shot Gun Club and pay shipping. It has been alternating two at Bass and two somewhere else for a few months. I’m just not prepared to buy a huge load at one time. Stupid I guess, because I do catch stock at Bass pretty regularly and have the opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:26 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:

Pricing is increased, but it's not $8/flat. It's $8/order.

$8 to ship 20 flats isn't a bad deal IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

In forgot to mention, one bright spot is a 5% price reduction at Bass/Cabela’s for picking up at the store (curbside if you wish). For those of us who live near local stores, that is nice. And they ship the ammo to the local for free on top of that. Pretty neat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:43 pm 
Diamond Grade

I took a look at the ammo selection at a Walmart here in upstate NY Monday and the shelves were nearly empty. There was a very small selection of target shotshell ammo and signs saying purchases were limited to one box per customer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:44 pm 
Crown Grade

painter* wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

If I wanted to buy 20 flats I wouldn't be buying at Academy. I would use another bulk source.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

lt0026 wrote:
painter* wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

If I wanted to buy 20 flats I wouldn't be buying at Academy. I would use another source.

Interesting!

Okay, I’ll bite. Where would you be buying?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:51 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
painter* wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

If I wanted to buy 20 flats I wouldn't be buying at Academy. I would use another source.

Based on your original post, you're not going to buy there anyway. You could still paint an accurate picture.

When Academy had Estates for $5.49 a box, and free shipping, I'd buy 10 flats at a time.

Kept me out of Walmart, which I despise.

I reload now. It's cheaper, I control my supply, and I still don't have to go to Walmart.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Auldthymer wrote:
lt0026 wrote:
painter* wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

Interesting!

Piggyback from the distributor that the club buys targets from. Plus I reload. Reloading is becoming a reasonable option again in 12/20 gauge. I now only use factory when required by rule.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Auldthymer wrote:
Interesting!

Piggyback from the distributor that the club buys targets from. Plus I reload. Reloading is becoming a reasonable option again in 12/20 gauge. I now only use factory when required by rule.

Gotcha, thanks. I’m keeping my delivered price including any tax under $70.00. Mostly about $64. As long as I can do that, I can shrug it off. But damn, those pistol ammo prices are scary. $30 for a box of 50 target rounds in 9 mm. Makes me wonder if that is coming our way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Auldthymer wrote:
We are in a bona fide ammo hoarding situation again. If you think the situation re: shot shells is bad, take a look at pistol ammo. 3x the price if you can find any. Shot shells are just up about 15% and are still relatively available if you search the internet.

Too broad of brushstroke to be true. I bought 45ACP, 9mm, and .22 the other day at Academy - $24.99/45ACP, $13.99 for 9MM, $24.99/brick of .22

And they had over 100 boxes (200 rounds per box) of 62 grain .223 greentip

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Auldthymer wrote:

Too broad of brushstroke to be true. I bought 45ACP, 9mm, and .22 the other day at Academy - $24.99/45ACP, $13.99 for 9MM, $24.99/brick of .22

Thanks for that news. It is good to hear. Sorry if my info was faulty. I am just telling what I have seen at low price leaders on the internet. Look at ammoseek.com and you will see what I mean. And thst site includes Academy. Go figure. I guess there is a very wide range.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

On another site, someone opined that WalMart is pulling ammo off the shelf until after the election. Makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

lt0026 wrote:
All Walmart's in my area have removed ammo from the floor. Academy stopped offering free shipping on ammo.

Why would they do that?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Auldthymer wrote:
oneounceload wrote:
Auldthymer wrote:

Thanks for that news. It is good to hear. Sorry if my info was faulty. I am just telling what I have seen at low price leaders on the internet. Look at ammoseek.com and you will see what I mean. And thst site includes Academy. Go figure. I guess there is a very wide range.

This wasn't Academy online; this was in the physical store.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:17 pm 
Tournament Grade

J.Fred_Muggs wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

Why would they do that?

Floor stock inventory financing from RemChester?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:47 pm 
Field Grade

see philly?