ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Recent Changes at Blackjack Sporting Clays
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:10 pm 
Crown Grade

Roger Gascoigne wrote:
I was trying to identify YRS's most endearing feature

Same jokes repeated year after rear (broomstick)

Inability to see that an IPad on every station have no financial value to sporting gun clubs but he keeps on beating it to death

Always chiming in about web sites at clubs, even though that was not what the OP was about?

What do you think?

I thought you had me on "ignore"? But you couldn't live without me, not many can :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:21 pm 
Diamond Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
I thought you had me on "ignore"? But you couldn't live without me, not many can :)

That may be true, but not many can live with you either :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:40 pm 
Crown Grade

ceh383 wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:

That may be true, but not many can live with you either :lol:

Well played :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:41 am 
Diamond Grade

pm30 wrote:
Hopefully things will be better, the experience wasnt great before and until you hire someone with gun club experience I have my doubts.
I'm not sure that you have a good grasp of the market. The attendance has been growing from the villages and new shooters in the area, but what you dont see is that the serious shooters ( guys who shoot 500-1000 targets a week) wont/dont come there because the target quality isn't there, the traps arent well maintained (empty,batteries dead, card readers broken,ect).
I feel that you need to reach out to your peers say quail creek, bradford,and south florida for advice. These places will help you and be happy to do it. I also believe you will need someone with experience to manage the club( I acknowledge that it will be hard to trust anyone after your first experience) but the young lady has no clue how run a gun club and your outside help are good workers but they have no experience either.
I also think that inside the state of florida your choice is very limited maybe only 1 or 2 people, so look outside the state, again ask for help Tim Miles, Rick Hemingway and others will help just ask.

I appreciate the extraordinary good will you put forward with your state shoot. I truly wish you good luck moving forward and hopefully you'll take advice this time

I’ve been looking at the Villages for a future retirement home. How many sporting clays courses are there within one hour drive or less?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:10 am 
Crown Grade

Blackjack, Tampa, Tenoroc, Catfish. At ~1.5 hours, add in Fishhawk, Bradford

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:28 am 
Crown Grade

Patently Obvious wrote:

I’ve been looking at the Villages for a future retirement home. How many sporting clays courses are there within one hour drive or less?

Consider the Fort Pierce area. You've got Quail Creek, South Florida Shooting Club, OK Coral, Okeechobee, Vero Beach Clays, and Krieghoff all within an hour.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:02 am 
Crown Grade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:29 am 
Presentation Grade

Boy the villages retirement complex sure is nice........I wonder why they don't have a clays course on the property.......that would be a win win.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:37 pm 
Limited Edition

I've read that The Villages has a very high rate of STD's.

I guess those old folks are humping each other silly down there. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:04 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thanks for the input guys!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:46 pm 
Crown Grade

The Villages was one of a very few places that kept building homes during the 2008 housing disaster and they haven't stopped yet. Besides numerous golf courses, they have over 1500 activity clubs covering anything you can imagine - and if there is a hobby they do not have a club for, they'll help you start one. Golf carts are the main mode of transport

Quote:
In January 2017, the Holding Company of the Villages announced the purchase of 8,000 acres of land, south of Florida State Road 44 in and around the villages of Southern Oaks and Fenney. In the spring of 2017, The Villages announced a planned acquisition of 2,600 acres north and south of County Road 470 along the east side of Florida's Turnpike for future development. The deal has passed due diligence by the Leesburg City Commission and zoning ordinance changes were approved by the Leesburg Planning Commission (with the city commission giving final approval).[13] The initial plans call for the building of approximately 4,500 homes with some commercial development also being planned.[14]

According to data from RCLCO Real Estate, the Holding Company of the Villages sold 2,231 homes in 2017 with a 13% increase over 2016. The Villages was the top-selling master-planned community in the United States in 2017 and one of only four communities to sell more than 1,000 homes.[15]

The Villages also claimed the title of best-selling master-planned community of the decade, with 24,440 new home sales from 2010 through 2019.[16]

In January 2020, RCLCO Real Estate Advisors named The Villages as the top selling master planned community for the seventh consecutive year with 2,429 new homes were sold.[17]
As of 2018, The Villages covers a land area of approximately 32 square miles (83 km2) and has approximately 750 miles (1,210 km) of mostly private roads.[22]
As of 2016, The Villages built 5.7 million square feet of commercial business space, with another 3.3 million square feet planned for the near future. Major businesses include restaurants, retail geared toward older Americans, and healthcare providers.[45] The average commercial occupancy rate in The Villages is approximately 97 percent.[46]

Commercial areas in The Villages include town centers, regional shopping centers and neighborhood retail plazas. The main business areas are the 500,000-square-foot town centers that feature a mixture of retailers, restaurants, entertainment and service providers.[47] The Villages has a total of 14 grocery stores including seven Publix, three Winn-Dixie locations, The Fresh Market, Target, Walmart Supercenter, and a Walmart Neighborhood Market.[46] Citizens First Bank, a community bank headquartered in The Villages, has nine locations throughout the community.[48]

In the ten years from 2007 to 2017, The Villages metropolitan statistical area (MSA) was the 9th fastest growing area in the United States with the GDP growing 51.4% to $2.1 billion.[49] According to state and federal jobs data, between 2010 and 2018 The Villages metropolitan statistical area added 13,893 jobs.[50]

In February 2019, WalletHub, compared the median credit scores of the residents in 2,571 cities and The Villages scored the highest in the United States with a credit score of 806.[51]

And Blackjack sits about 10 minutes max from it.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:20 pm 
Crown Grade

https://www.vtssc.org/