ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:57 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:02 pm
Posts: 337
Ammo shortage of 2020 ending on December 31. Then it will become the ammo shortage of 2021.

:lol:




Last edited by J.Fred_Muggs on Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:47 am 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:37 pm
Posts: 412
J.Fred, I love to laugh but I'm afraid I just do not see the humor. Sorry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:54 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 pm
Posts: 571
Location: The wilds of rural central California
smoke ball wrote:
J.Fred, I love to laugh but I'm afraid I just do not see the humor. Sorry.

He does have a point.

tp

_________________
RM, NRA/USCCA RSO, NSSF, and a bunch of other acronyms.
12/30" Browning Citori CX White
12/28" 1978 Browning BSS
12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting >3 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:40 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am
Posts: 695
Location: Massachusetts
I must be doing it wrong, I'm all set for 2021


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:22 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 am
Posts: 98
Not a lot of selection out there but I just ordered 15 flats that were in stock at Recob in WI. I will go pick them up when I get back from my holiday travels. That along with what I already have should hold me over until the Summer when I am hopeful supply improves and more options are available. The stuff I bought would not me my 1st choice by any means but it will go bang and make clays break so they will work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 11825
Location: Kansas
I have a feeling that after January 20, there will be a move afoot to make all of these things much much more expensive.

_________________
"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:38 pm
Posts: 7871
Location: Northwest Pa.
J.Fred_Muggs wrote:
Ammo shortage of 2020 ending on December 31. Then it will become the ammo shortage of 2021.

:lol:


So not funny! :oops:

_________________
Terry



Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:37 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 377
With hunting season mostly behind us, the shotshell manufacturers should be able to focus on target loads for a while and put a dent in the shortage. Here’s hoping.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:21 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:51 pm
Posts: 5
Back in November, I headed over to a local sporting box store to replenish my Pheasant loads. They had four boxes left. That was it. No target loads, nothing else but 3.5" steel loads and the last four boxes of Fiocchi #5s, which was exactly what I needed. I grabbed them. There were no pistol loads and no rifle ammo unless you needed .50BMG or 6.5 Grendel. I checked out another sporting box store and found two boxes of Remington #6s. I grabbed those too. Fast forward to a few days ago, when I used a small mom and pop 'tactical' gun store as my receiving FFL for my new Benelli. Had never walked into the place before but their fees were fair and they were only 10 minutes from my house. The whole store was roughly the size of my living room. In the center were two full pallets of Federal target loads. I couldn't believe it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:25 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:02 pm
Posts: 337
replicant wrote:
the last four boxes of Fiocchi #5s, which was exactly what I needed. I grabbed them...and found two boxes of Remington #6s. I grabbed those too.


You bought six boxes of pheasant loads? Wow. I didn't think there were enough pheasants left in the country to use six boxes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:53 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
Posts: 3004
casonet wrote:
I have a feeling that after January 20, there will be a move afoot to make all of these things much much more expensive.


I`ll personally be pretty much stunned if that doesn`t happen. You don`t have to outlaw guns, you can have all the guns you want. You just won`t be able to feed them over a period of time. That, and we`ll make it such a PITA to own one....... There`s more than one way to skin this cat.

_________________
Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter
Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:13 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:51 pm
Posts: 5
J.Fred_Muggs wrote:
replicant wrote:
the last four boxes of Fiocchi #5s, which was exactly what I needed. I grabbed them...and found two boxes of Remington #6s. I grabbed those too.


You bought six boxes of pheasant loads? Wow. I didn't think there were enough pheasants left in the country to use six boxes.



There aren't. I'm just a really bad shot. ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:47 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:42 pm
Posts: 2092
Location: Minnesota
DKW1 wrote:
With hunting season mostly behind us, the shotshell manufacturers should be able to focus on target loads for a while and put a dent in the shortage. Here’s hoping.


We'll you may be hoping for the remainder of 2021.

The myth has been dispelled about focusing on this or that. They're running 24/7 maxed out.

I posted this a couple weeks ago. Here's one manufacturers representative (Fiocchi) explaining the reasons (of which there are many) on the shortage. I'm sure it's very similar circumstance's for all manufacturers. click the link to the podcast and he explains everything.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 5&t=526018

_________________
Sometimes I shoot birds, sometimes I just shoot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ammo shortage of 2020 ending
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:09 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 377
birdshooter wrote:
DKW1 wrote:
With hunting season mostly behind us, the shotshell manufacturers should be able to focus on target loads for a while and put a dent in the shortage. Here’s hoping.


We'll you may be hoping for the remainder of 2021.

The myth has been dispelled about focusing on this or that. They're running 24/7 maxed out.

I posted this a couple weeks ago. Here's one manufacturers representative (Fiocchi) explaining the reasons (of which there are many) on the shortage. I'm sure it's very similar circumstance's for all manufacturers. click the link to the podcast and he explains everything.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 5&t=526018


Hope is one thing I will not be short of in 2021. :D




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 16dogs, 2lo8s, AJ-M12, al1969brown, Alvan, amboy49, bfre49849, Bing [Bot], Blockcaver, blrmkr83, browning66, bullseye-69, Bustsducks, Chris Ferres, Claysmoke27, cleboje, D McMillen, dannyd93140, DesertMuleDeer, doppelflinten, DUKFVR, EricB, fishrising, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hal4son, Harborcat, henrims, Holyjoe60, Hwcn, JacksBack, jeffreyk, jtf650, Keperkey, kjs, KM4BS, kyskeet, leftex, longliner, Lumberjack98, Majestic-12 [Bot], mpolans, NailNinja, Napalmsloth, NuJudge, oneounceload, painter*, Paul D. Heppner, PeterAVanTassell, Rack-N-Roy, Remduck1, Researcher01, riflegunbuilder, Rockett0, Rooster booster, rosewood, RUT, S.davis, shootandfish2, shootrmcgee, Skeet_Man, smkilcz59, SnowRider1, SuperXOne, Tidefanatic, twfran, upland refugee, USSR, Vaughnsq, Vette Jockey2, wboonn, wbreda, Westender


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice