It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tristar
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:21 pm 
Utility Grade

Has anyone had any experience with the Tristar TT 15 trap gun.

Post subject: Re: tristar
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would point you to Trapshooters.com, there are quite a few shooters using this gun and for the most part, it gets good reviews from them, but there is also the it ain't a K, P, or B gun group that likes to rain on the parade.

I haven't even seen or handled one personally to pass any judgment.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
NSCA 646442

"....if you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:16 pm 
Crown Grade

I owned a TriStar Setter ST O/U for a short period of time; I sold it two weeks after putting its first half a box of shells through it. It was the perfect example of a crapgun; terrible trigger, uber-stiff at first then loosening up terribly after those dozen shots, beautiful wood but felt alien and strange in the hands. The TriStar trap gun might be a different animal, I just know I'd never buy one without shooting it for several rounds first.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:52 pm 
Limited Edition

As previously stated, check out trapshooters.com as there are lots of thread regarding this model. The people who own the gun generally speak highly of it and recommend buying the same model. There is a very vociferous group that refuses to believe any Turkish made gun can be any good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:22 pm 
Limited Edition

A good friend of mine who knows guns ( he's a licensed gunsmith) just got one. The fit an finish looked just fine and he shot some annoyingly high scores with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:06 pm 
Utility Grade

A friend of mine purchased the trap combo and I had a chance to try it out a couple weeks ago. I used the unsingle barrel with the IM choke tube. I found the recoil to be mild and the gun shoots easily. I broke a 23 out of 25 with it on my first time out. The gun is brand new and pretty stiff still. Since we tried to lubricate it properly I would expect it to stay stiff for a good while. I can't think of anything to add except that at this point it appears to be a good entry point into trap shooting. It would be nice if it came with some sort of hard case but for the price I don't see that as a possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:58 pm 
Diamond Grade

I had a TT09 and had an ejector problem with it...........returned it to the factory and they fixed it and had no further problems with it.
Finally gave it to my son, after I got a "B" gun and he has been shooing it ever since with
no further problems.For the money, I would say it is a good gun.
salesrep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 pm 
Crown Grade

pagent wrote:
The people who own the gun generally speak highly of it and recommend buying the same model.
That's a characteristic we humans tend to have.

pagent wrote:
There is a very vociferous group that refuses to believe any Turkish made gun can be any good.

And, for the most part, for very good reasons.

I have had personal experience with several Turkish O/U's, and you can put me in the second group.