It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trap forum
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:55 am 
Crown Grade

Jim Miller wrote:
Braha,ha,ha,ha,ha. Another clique member from the brand x toybox. Did the child-like moderator send you here to enlighten us with your keen witticisms?
As I said before, "I have no importance whatsoever there, here, anywhere."

Why ever go back again??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:26 am 
Crown Grade

In Osokills's (failed) attempt to keep me from reading there any longer makes it even more fun to watch the clique sing Kumbaya together.

(Warning: To those that read my posts.)
I don't shoot registered targets so what could I possibly know or have to offer?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:14 am 
Crown Grade

I don't often go there (usually only if a Google search about something I'm interested in turns up a thread there.

But this post got me curious and I went over and read a few threads that based on their titles should have normally been of interest to me.

Wow! Seems to be worse than ever. Some of the most juvenile, snipey, and weird comments and an obvious little clique of "insider" guys who think they are very clever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:12 pm 
Crown Grade

Jim Miller wrote:
They run to Osokill to ban people they can't have a discussion with and scream to have them banned. Like the child he is, he does, and then brags about it. He cracks me up.

You mean like this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=356282

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:03 pm 
Crown Grade

VTHokiesDuckHunter wrote:
I don't often go there (usually only if a Google search about something I'm interested in turns up a thread there.

But this post got me curious and I went over and read a few threads that based on their titles should have normally been of interest to me.

Wow! Seems to be worse than ever. Some of the most juvenile, snipey, and weird comments and an obvious little clique of "insider" guys who think they are very clever.
Yup.

I don't shoot registered targets so what could I possibly know or have to offer?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:45 pm 
Field Grade

I just got my second ban over there, this one for 30 days (until Oct. 2).

I probably deserved it, but I just can't stop myself from laying into some of those guys who take pleasure in bullying newbies, etc. I went a bit further than I should have this time, but didn't post anything that wasn't the straight-up truth.

Until I've been booted permanently, my next ban will always be just one post away.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Welcome to the Forum of Lost Souls, DP. LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:16 pm 
Field Grade

Jim Tyner wrote:
Welcome to the Forum of Lost Souls, DP. LOL.

Thanks, man. I saw that "ShoSto" handle on one of your older posts the other day and wondered what the hell was up with that. Now I know.

It actually wasn't OSOKill who popped me this time – it was GeorgeMT, who I think is probably a decent guy, but does play favorites (I might too in that position, and maybe he has little choice). There are some guys who can post whatever they want without worry of a ban, and I know of one in particular who seems to have the ability to get threads that cast him in a bad light removed entirely.

Anyway, here's my ban notice. It's all true (thus my earlier comment about probably deserving the ban), but also kind of humorous to read:

You have been banned for the following reason: Calling people a bee-otch and in general just posting in a agitating fashion. Manipulating a quote when not needed. Your ban will be lifted on Oct 2, 2017.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:28 pm 

Manipulating a quote here can get you canned as well as calling another member most anything that doesn't equate to "friend". So i suggest you learn from your mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:02 pm 
Field Grade

Curly-Nohair wrote:
Manipulating a quote here can get you canned as well as calling another member most anything that doesn't equate to "friend". So i suggest you learn from your mistake.

It's totally a "when in Rome" type of situation – the tone and tenor there is much different than here, or just about anywhere else, as anyone who's spent any time hanging out there can attest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:13 am 
Crown Grade

I really don't think a quote manipulation should warrant a ban unless the context is straight up malicious or slandering in a potential illegal fashion. Like say for instance if one of my adoring fans here makes a fake quote about me such as:

Maser wrote:
I'm insecure about my posting habits because I'm worried other members might have prettier hair than me.

^ That's not malicious at all and all in good fun. I been here long enough that people know my type of self deprecating and satirical humor. So yeah, I feel that quote manipulation in good fun shouldn't warrant a ban. That's just my opinion though.

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:31 am 
Tournament Grade

Maser wrote:
I really don't think a quote manipulation should warrant a ban unless the context is straight up malicious or slandering in a potential illegal fashion. Like say for instance if one of my adoring fans here makes a fake quote about me such as:

Maser wrote:
I'm insecure about my posting habits because I'm worried other members might have prettier hair than me.

^ That's not malicious at all and all in good fun. I been here long enough that people know my type of self deprecating and satirical humor. So yeah, I feel that quote manipulation in good fun shouldn't warrant a ban. That's just my opinion though.

I disagree. I see no problem with shortening a quote, if you only want to question or reaffirm one part of it, but to make a Fake quote under someone else's name IS malicious, I feel. I have quoted portions of people's posts and said "You are wrong", and other such inflamitory things, but I would never put words in their mouths (quotes) that they didn't actually say.

Remington 870 Express - General Hunting
Remington 870 Express - HD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:34 am 
Tournament Grade

Maser wrote:
Curly Nohair and all the supporting members of SGW are ignorant old dip-wads, and I dare them to even TRY to ban me!

Like that?

******* Maser DID NOT actually say that. I am only illustrating a point. ************

Not everyone has your (our?) sense of humor, as you can see by all the banning around the ol' net. This is one of the few forums I have never been banned from, but I don't purposefully antagonize people either. Deliberately changing and /or adding words to another's post / quote, under their name, can easily be construed as malicious by the member who wrote it. No matter how "innocent" or humorous, anyone who sees it for the rest of SGW's days may regard that member differently because of it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:35 am 
Gunsmith
Gunsmith

The ditchparrot has posted such hurtful, mean spirited and intimidating posts on Trapshooters.com that I have even lost sleep over them. All I ever wanted to do was be his friend, but the constant badgering has left little hope. Being a Christian, I will turn the other cheek and continue my attempts to befriend this wise and compassionate individual.

PS: Did you know that he actually ran 100 straight one time? I bet you didn't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 am 
Crown Grade

Whatsamatter Tron, TS.com getting fished out? LOL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 am 
Gunsmith
Gunsmith

It's the gillnetting Jim, with posts about Tristars that have damaged that ecosystem. A fisherman must go far far away to fill his creel these days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:06 am 
Tournament Grade

Tron wrote:
The ditchparrot has posted such hurtful, mean spirited and intimidating posts on Trapshooters.com that I have even lost sleep over them. All I ever wanted to do was be his friend, but the constant badgering has left little hope. Being a Christian, I will turn the other cheek and continue my attempts to befriend this wise and compassionate individual.

PS: Did you know that he actually ran 100 straight one time? I bet you didn't.

So is D.P. "hurtful, mean spirited and intimidating" or is he "wise and compassionate" ? Sounds like you two need couple's therapy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 am 
Field Grade

This has really turned into an interesting thread. Even though we may not agree with some moderators opinions, sometimes we forget that these forums are not a democracy. They are either owned in part, or in full by someone that created it and when we "join" we agree to certain conditions, which they set to whatever standards they like. Fair or not fair is not a consideration when it comes to how they play. It's their ball, and they can go home any time they like. If we don't like it, we don't have to participate. I just came off my second ban there, but it doesn't matter. I'll never post there again simply because I don't like how they run it. That's my choice. Glad to be here, and trying to show it with anything I post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:21 am 
Crown Grade

Never been on the site, never will! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:06 am 
Crown Grade

Seems like the banning frenzy continues.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next