It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Stick - Stoeger M3000
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Yeah, I've been really pleased with this gun. It's outperformed my old mossy 935.
Shoots everything I throw in it. The only thing I haven't tried in it yet is 7/8 oz trap loads
but I don't know if I ever will since this is mostly a hunting gun shooting 1oz and above.
Taking it on my snow goose hunt in the bootheel of Missouri next week. Can't wait to smack
some sky carp! Timing looks to be about right too with this cold snap next week to push the adults back down and the juvies already there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well, it's been a steady 5 degrees today. Lots of wind, too. I had 2 boxes of cheap $4.99/box estates and a half a box of clays to burn up. Grabbed the camo 3000 and headed out to my parents with the wifey.

The gun spent 2 hours outside in the cold before we shot. Honestly, by the way the bolt sounded when I chambered the first round, I thought it was not going to be petty. Super sluggish. It ate all 50 rounds without skipping a beat. I shot terrible, turns out clays catch wind real fast and zip along really well. The gun was awesome once again.

Last edited by cupped&killed on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:33 am 
Utility Grade

Did some more pattern testing with this gun today at 35 yds. Out of the stock modified
I shot a 98% and 97% pattern with 1-1/8 oz Federal blue box BB's and two patterns in the upper 90's with Kent 1-3/8oz #1's. Check your stock chokes before you all buy any after market Kicks or Patternmasters. I'm sure the shot string is probably shorter in the aftermarkets but there's nothing flying through these if I do my part. I'm actually going to have to switch to the improved to hunt so I can eat what I shoot. I needed a Kicks high flyer in my old 870 I got when I was younger because my stock chokes were garbage but the Stoeger chokes in these have performed really well so far on the pattern board. Check yours on the board before you spend any money that you may not have to. You all may just save yourselves some coin.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:28 pm 
Utility Grade

It's been a while since anyone has updated their M3000 threads so I just wanted to bump this one. I still have mine and love it. Shot 11 boxes of shells last week through it in several days snow goose hunting in MO and AR and it worked flawlessly. Killed 168 and the gun did it's part. The Max4 camo shows some slight signs of wear along the rib and barrel but most of that was caused by layout blinds. They can be hard on paint jobs. I've found the best way to run this gun is with a thin layer of Breakfree CLP on the mag tube where the recoil spring sits. That's the only place i put lube. Keep your mag tube lightly lubed and recoil spring clean and this gun will run and run. Just make sure not to bump the bolt...This gun will come out of battery just like a benelli if you bump the bolt. I'll be glad when they give the next M3000 model the new bolt the SBE3 and Ethos have so that wont happen. That has happened maybe a total of 5 times since i bought the gun in 2014 but just wanted to pass along good and bad things i've noticed. This has been a very good gun and i wouldn't hesitate buying another one. My 26" is very well balanced and swings great. The longer ones are barrel heavy in my opinion. Hopefully I'll get back on here in a couple years and update again. Happy hunting everyone.