It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New stoeger condor cabelas purchase
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:57 am 
Utility Grade

I recently purchased me a 12ga 28barrell condor for pheasents an bunnies. Its my first over an under. I've read all the nightmares of the condor. During the first intinal 50 rounds i had to light primer strikes bottom barrel. Took that shell out places it in top barrel an fresh shell in bottom both fired with no issue. Btw it was same shell on lite primer strike. Not sure what that issue was so i wanna chalk it up to the shell but the top barrel fired it so who knows. Next i don't have my safety doimg a auto reset. I fire an its ready again. Even dry fire snap trigger twice firing pin falls twice. So my question how many here hunt an shoot a condor as there primary hunting gun. So far i am happy with it. I just see they have a bad reputation. But i also take into consideration these forums are like car dealerships as well ford guy is gonna swear a chevy is junk. So what positive feedback is there. An are there anything like better firing pins to purchase an upgrade an so on. Btw it did take about 15 clays to get used to the barrels. Also can the extractors be converted to ejectors. All advice an help is appreciated

Post subject: Re: New stoeger condor cabelas purchase
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:45 pm 
Field Grade

I shot A Stoeger Condor Competition for 3 years Trap, Sporting Clays and 5 stand. Contrary to popular comments you see. I had 1 issue which wasn't large. Take the stock off, Loosen the small adjusting nut 3/4 turn on each hammer spring, while you have it apart clean and lube the internals properly. The only other thing I have done was just before I retired it to my Grandson, Was to order 2 firing pins and springs and replace them. I shot over 20k rds through that gun. If you want to confirm just do a search on this forum for your issue, there are A couple threads on it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:00 am 
Utility Grade

Issue only happened the one time an im chalking it up to the shell because everyone after that fired as normal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Kirk: what does losening the hammer springs do?

Bryan: i saw a youtube video indicating some stocs are not fully removed of debris before assembly. I took mine off and sure enough sawdust and wood chips came out. I havent had a light primer strike since.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:17 pm 
Utility Grade

mjbickford wrote:

Bryan: i saw a youtube video indicating some stocs are not fully removed of debris before assembly. I took mine off and sure enough sawdust and wood chips came out. I havent had a light primer strike since.

Same with mine took it apart an shot it all down with otis dry lube

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:17 pm 
Utility Grade

mjbickford wrote:

Same with mine took it apart an shot it all down with otis dry lube

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:08 am 
Utility Grade

Well.... i posted too soon. I didnt have any light strikes until i ran two boxes through the gun. After about 55 shells i had 3 light strikes in a row. All of them fired fine in the top. Im sending my back for service tomorrow.